Profile for Adam J. Bernstein > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 122

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam J. Bernstein RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
NHL 15 - PlayStation 4
NHL 15 - PlayStation 4
Price: Click here to see our price
96 used & new from $28.00

1.0 out of 5 stars but I think I have a better chance of being named the new coach of the ..., February 7, 2015
Full price game, that is half finished and lacks features for prior releases? Inexcusable and lazy. However, I downloaded the game off the digital market place, and one of the updates has literally made the game UNPLAYABLE!! It skips and stutters constantly, even off line. And they charged me $60 for this.. "experience". THAT, quite frankly is CRIMINAL!!! NHL 16 should be free for whoever actually spent money on this joke of a game, but I think I have a better chance of being named the new coach of the New Jersey Devils.

Lucy [Blu-ray]
Lucy [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Scarlett Johansson
Price: $14.99
50 used & new from $6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dumpster fire., January 14, 2015
This review is from: Lucy [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Worst movie of 2014. At it's best, 1 or 2 decent action scenes. At it's worst; an eye lollingly idiotic plot, that actually thinks it's being intelligent, with phoned performances form it's leads. The film feels disjointed, and some of the dialogue is absolutely laughable. Don't waste your heard earned money, wait till it comes to netfilx, if you really must see it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2015 4:03 PM PST

Get Hurt [LP]
Get Hurt [LP]
Price: $22.98
46 used & new from $14.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Another grower.., November 9, 2014
This review is from: Get Hurt [LP] (Vinyl)
I'm drill trying to decide if this their third or 4th best record (after the first 2, abs possibly "American Slang". Pre decidedly better than "Hand Written" but if I had to give one critisisim, it would be that it's pretty front heavy. All the songs near the end start to blend together. But aside from that, it's a very sold effort, and much like "Slang" it's a grower.

NHL New York Rangers Basic 59Fifty Cap
NHL New York Rangers Basic 59Fifty Cap
Price: $25.46 - $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars First fitted!, June 26, 2012
This is the first cap I've worn since I was like, 14 years old. It was a gift to myself after the Rangers were knocked out of the finals last month. and I haven't wanted to take it off since! The NYR shield emblem is wonderfully detailed and simple against the classic royal blue. Not only is this my first cap since my youth but it's my fist fitted and for those who are wondering I took the sticker off! I moved it to the bottom of the bill.

Syndicate
Syndicate
Offered by PNP Games
Price: $14.58
106 used & new from $4.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have saved my money., March 9, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syndicate (Video Game)
The trailers for this game looked good enough. I can't seem to understand what went wrong. The single player is full of bad dialogue and boring characters. Also if you like lens flare, this is the game for you! It's so bad in the single player it made me nauseous at times. The co-op is quite fun and actually requires you to work together (too bad so many idiots online play it like call of duty) but it's not enough to justify a $60 price tag. I got in off amazon for the $20 (and I can maybe sell it of $30) for I don't feel totally ripped off but It's most likely going to just sit on the shelf and collect dust now that the vastly superior Mass Effect 3 is out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2012 8:30 AM PDT

Rage
Rage
Offered by Urban Bargains
Price: $18.01
190 used & new from $3.45

3.0 out of 5 stars A classic case of emperor's new clothes., November 8, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rage (Video Game)
Rage is a new FPS by celebrated developer ID Software. and if one could judge ID on one thing by this game it's that they suffer from what I like to call "Emperor's new clothes syndrome."

If you know anything about shooters or heck, anything about video games, then you know ID all but invented the FPS genre with games like DOOM and Quake. A factoid they put right below the RAGE logo in huge bold black letters. But my question is simple; What have you done for me lately ID? They flaunt around DOOM and Quake like Rudy Giuliani did 9/11 while running for president but the last game they did was DOOM 3 which was far from a classic. But we won't talk about that! This is now. This is Rage.

During development, ID kept using words like "Story Rich" and "RPG" to describe the game. Proving more just how out of touch with Modern Gaming. It got a lot of comparisons to games like Fallout 3 and Borderlands for it's post-apocalypse theme. That is where the similarity begins and ends because even Borderlands (which I love and is one of my favorite games, no disrespect) has more of a story then Rage.

You are put into a vault and awaken after a meteor hits earth. Everything is in shambles and everyone has started to dress exactly the way Mad Max to. They all think that you for one reason or another are their own only hope. Even though you nor your character have any idea what's going on. Your just handed a gun and asked to get rid of a bunch of "mutants." Oh, and also there is an evil oppressive force know as "the authority" that you get to fight too. It sounds like I've being vague but I'm really not. THAT'S THE WHOLE STORY!

ID also described the map as a "vast open world" It's not. The open world is the part you'll be driving around to get to different ware houses and tight corridors to shoot bandits and mutants in the face. then you grab some thing/protect something for a few minutes before driving back and doing the same thing over. That's right, this game is about 98% fetch quests. Everyone wants something from you in this game and the problem is that you just really can't manage to bring yourself to care about any of it. Between the wafer thin story, and the characters, while beautifully animated but are nothing more then quest dispensing robots with no back story or personality. This could have made the game feel like much less of a chore towards the end.

The End. The end is probably the worst part of the game! The final mission is sprung upon you suddenly. This last level is so poorly designed it's almost funny. I don't want to spoil it, but the ending is anti climactic squeal bait.It leaves you feeling like you wasted a good 10-15 hours or however long this game is.

I know I focused on the negative quite a bit but like I said, RAGE is not a bad game. It's flaws keep it from really sticking with you and It is over shadowed by wall to wall releases that have so much more to offer (Batman: Arkham City, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3 and the upcoming Skyrim come to mind) The only reason I'm keeping the game is in hopes that there will be some decent DLC that will bring me back to it. But right now there are so many better releases to play.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2011 1:01 AM PST

L.A. Noire - Playstation 3
L.A. Noire - Playstation 3
Price: $14.89
215 used & new from $4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A new type of gameplay that doesn't hold up for all that long., August 20, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
L.A. Noire presents a beautiful world, a deep and rich story, excellent characters, unparalleled facial animations and a new type of game play that is fresh and Innovative.
at least for half the game... then It beats you over the head with it over and over again till it becomes tedious and a little boring.
I honestly haven't finished the game for this very reason, I got to Vice Desk and got distracted by other games because I grew tired of " drive to location 1/search for clues/interrogate suspect 1/drive to location 2/talk to suspect 2/search for clues/interrogate suspect 2/drive to location 3/chase mysterious new suspect/drive to station/get new clue/bust/kill suspect 1,2 or 3" That is just about every mission. Don't get me wrong it's a breath of fresh air compared to all of the "Call of Duty" clones out there but It gets stale after a while. I hope to add to this review when I finish the game eventually.

The Bronx III
The Bronx III
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $7.99
15 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine balance, May 6, 2011
This review is from: The Bronx III (Audio CD)
I've recently decided that Bronx III is my favorite of their albums. It's a perfect combination of the first albums. The more hardcore edge and slightly more melodic rock of the 2nd. The first 5 or 6 songs are among the best they've ever written and their even better live! If you don't own this album I say for shame! Bone up before Bronx IV comes out later this year!

Chuckles & Mr Squeezy
Chuckles & Mr Squeezy
Price: $12.99
36 used & new from $0.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Dredg..Castrated., May 3, 2011
This review is from: Chuckles & Mr Squeezy (Audio CD)
Castrated is the one word I would use to describe this record. I know, I know, I'm not a "true fan" because I don't like this album. I'm sorry. I can't blindly absorb everything a band I like does even if it's bad. And this album is BAD! But it's not bad because It goes it a different direction. No two Dredg albums sound the same and that is one of the things I love about them.
No, this album is bad because this sound doesn't work at all for them! There's way too much production over shadowing all the insturments, the lyrics are medicore and at times cringe worthy and the whole thing sounds down right forced! What is with all the looped electronic drums?!
I really wasn't worried about the direction of this album when I first head about it. I was hoping for a Dredg meets Mass Attack vibe or something. I like all sorts of "poppy" stuff. Hell, Catch with Out Arms are fairly poppy. But this seems like their trying to mimic a radio friendly band for the sake or art or whatever. Probably just to get played on the radio.
Dredg is one of my favorite bands. They are passionate, creative, and down right amazing players. Like I said before, I like they each album is a new direction. This one just doesn't work. I still like them just the same. I'm not done with them or whatever. I'm just going to sit this one out.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Single-Disc Edition)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Single-Disc Edition)
DVD ~ Shia LaBeouf
Offered by Shop Zoombie
Price: $7.29
261 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, One of the WORST movies ever made!, July 12, 2010
If you saw this movie (like I stupidly did) you probably walked out of the theater licking your wounds. Not just because your a Transformers fan and you had to watch Michal Bay take a crap all over something important to you but also because you probably felt like you just paid someone $12.50 (or however much movies cost in your hometown) to kick you in the face for the longest 2 and a half hours of your life.

Revenge of the Fallen is an abrasive, ugly, racist, offensive, awful excuse for a movie. It's a giant advertisement for god knows what that's full of explosions and the sound of clanging metal.
Questions will arise as your brain wonders what it did to piss you off and your eyeballs try to kill themselves. Questions like, What purpose did the "twins" have other then to remind us that racism still exsist?! why did we need to see Devastator's balls? Why is John Tuttoro in a thong?!
Megan Fox and Shila Booff or whatever the hell his name is have the chemistry and acting abilities of wet towels! Why in the name of freaking GOD would I wanna see a greater focus on them?!
OH! and speaking of god... ROBOT HEAVEN!!!! NUFF' SAID!!!!
I know it seems like I'm dropping some serious spoiler and I am. BUT I DON'T CARE! The movie has all but ZERO plot!
If you haven't seen this movie yet and are concidering it don't! Instead stay at home and stick forks in both of your ears while playing with power tools and suckng on a car battery. It will be more enjoyable and slightly less painful then the ass kicking you will get from your friends and family when you admit this movie lives in your collection!
Seriously, when the alien invaders come and ask for a sacrifice, let's just give them Michal Bay OK?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13