Profile for Chrisie Ward > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chrisie Ward RSS Feed (keller Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Littlest Pet Shop Blythe Bedroom Style Set
Littlest Pet Shop Blythe Bedroom Style Set
Price: $16.79
48 used & new from $16.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage. You have to snap every tiny little piece ..., January 11, 2015
Absolute garbage. You have to snap every tiny little piece together. See the purple around the doors? You have to sleep in the top, and both sides. See the three windows with moldings around it? You have to snap each of those on and the holes at the back don't line up properly. She the green and purple flower boxes in front of the windows, you have to snap the green and purple piece together and then snap it into the window. The balcony, is in 5 pieces that have to be snapped together. The whole building itself including the top , both sides, the front and the back all have to be snapped together. The back of the room is a piece of cardboard that pops out every single time you move it because the pieces that are supposed to hold it into place don't line up tight enough or stay together to hold it in place. In fact, EVERY time you try to move it , or open a door or even LOOK at it a piece pops off. The purple moulding at the top pops off on the right hand side without even being touched. Snapping things together and assembling is one thing, but these things don't snap in place and stay in place, they don't line up properly. NOTHING WORKS to stay together. I got the Littlest Pet shop set for free from Hasbro, and made the mistake of buying blythes bedroom for my daughter for Christmas. I am so glad I returned the 3 room set I had bought her from ToysRus. We will not be buying anymore LPS sets that have to be put together like this. Hasbro needs to go back to playlets like the Magic Motion Treehouse, and the Sweet Delight Sweete Shoppe. Those playlets are STURDY, no assembly required. I honestly feel like taking the Bedroom, Pet Shop, the Day camp and the other tiny room we have with CARDBOARD BACKS, and throw them right into the dumpster. The My Little Pony Rainbow castle that came out this year was just as bad, and when I think about it, the castle that came out before it, the wedding castle, was all GARBAGE. Don't buy this. Don't accept it for free, don't buy it for anyone as a gift, if someone gives it to you as a gift return it to the store for credit. its not worth the price at 30, 15, 10, 5 or even FREE.

My Little Pony Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Playset
My Little Pony Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Playset
Price: $30.49
57 used & new from $22.99

2.0 out of 5 stars JUNK! JUNK! JUNK!, September 6, 2014
NOTHING BUT GARBAGE.

SO hard to put together. The worst part was the CARDBOARD inserts that go in the back. There are 2 on the lower level and 1 on the top level. You have to slide them in. There are slots for this, and tiny holes the push it into that do not hold it. After you slide the inserts in your are supposed to pop the top on. Everytime you do this the inserts fall out. Impossible to put together how it is supposed to be. I don't understand why hasbro has gone to this ridiculous put together piece by piece like a lego set playset design. What happened to sets that come put together and you just add stickers? That was a big enough of a pain, but now we have to pop every single ill fitting piece into place? I was in tears putting this together and my poor daughter wanted it so badly, she said "Im sorry Mama" Broke my heart. ENOUGH WITH THE PLAYSETS THAT ARE JUNK AND HARD TO PUT TOGETHER HASBRO!!! The worst part of all of it is that once you finally get it put together it falls apart during play.

Littlest Pet Shop Style Set
Littlest Pet Shop Style Set
Price: $28.06
87 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Newest Littlest Pet Shop toys!, August 22, 2014
This review is from: Littlest Pet Shop Style Set (Toy)
We received this set in the mail JUST in time to give to my daughter for her birthday. She had seen this set in the store about a month ago and was so excited for a new LPS toy. She was even more excited when she saw ALL the sets you could purchase to stack on top or put on the side.

We put it together and assembly was pretty simple. I do worry that it won't stay together very well. It comes with all kinds of little deco bits that you can use to design the Pet shop and also that you can style your pets with! There are three customizable pets included in this set. Plenty of pets to start your collection or add on to your current collection.

The back of each pet has a code you can scan into the LPS Your World app to bring your characters right into the app. This is a new app featuring LPS.

My daughter is really enjoying this set and can't wait to add additional sets on to her LPS "town" as she likes to call it. Of course she also wants more pets!

I wish they had included a container to hold all of the deco bits, but not a huge deal.

We received this Littlest Pet Shop Style set FREE from Hasbro to review.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display (Previous Generation - 3rd)
Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display (Previous Generation - 3rd)
Price: $179.00 - $279.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 11, 2014
I have been a Kindle owner for many years. Bought the Kindle DX, then upgraded to the Kindle HD last year and purchased Amazon prime for the Prime streaming of TV and movies. So when they announced the new HDX would allow for downloading prime movies and TV shows I thought it would be fantastic. I use the Kindle for reading alot and also for watching the movies and TV episodes while exercising. So I thought with the new HDX and being able to download the prime TV/movies, it would be perfect for those hotels which have very poor wifi in the fitness room and I could also watch movies/TV on the plane.

Well, watching the movies and TV shows are much better than the HD, but it comes at a cost, and to me it's a big cost. The reading experience on the new HDX is terrible. The blue/purple line is definitely noticeable, not only when reading but also on anything with a white background, including email and web pages. This is not actually a major problem for me but I can see how some people would find it distracting. My major issue with the HDX is the color of the backgrounds while reading. As noted in some previous reviews, the black background is not black, it's grey but my biggest problem is the white background. It's not white, it's off white/light yellow. When comparing to an iPhone/iPad and even the previous HD, it definitely has a yellow tint. The fact that it's a little bit of a yellow background wouldn't be such a big deal, but it's blotchy. Most of the screen will be a yellowish color while there are small sections that are the bluish white color. I notified Amazon of this and they sent me out a new one but the new one was actually worse than my original. The "blotchiness" was larger and the yellow color was more noticeable. Plus, the blue/purple color was more noticeable as well. I also went to Best Buy to look at the HDXs and the yellow color was on those as well. This yellow color in a lighted environment is subdued, but when you're reading at night in bed with the lights off, the yellow color and blotchiness is very noticeable.

Another disappointment is the battery power. The battery doesn't last anywhere near as long as the HD. As I said, I read alot and before with the HD I could go weeks without having to recharge which was great with the amount I travel so I wouldn't have to bring the cords because I could just recharge back at home. However, with the HDX, I have to recharge every 3-4 days which means I have to bring the cords with me when I travel.

The Mayday feature is NOTHING like they show on TV. The video is not very clear and the audio is very delayed. The service reps also don't know anything other than telling you to reset the device and then if that doesn't work, someone will call you back on the phone, thereby not even using the Mayday feature.

Also, the screen on the HDX is no better in the sun than the HD, which I was led to believe it would be better. Not sure if this was a misunderstanding on my part, but it's not better than the HD. In comparison with the iPad (mini), the iPad is way better to read in the sun and I don't mean just a little better, but way better.

I'm just very disappointed. I've never had any problems with Amazon before but it just seems they didn't think things through on the HDX. The Kindle has always been a great reading device, so it seems they wanted to improve the viewing experience for games and movies/TV to be better than Apple. But they did it at the expense of the reading experience, which is a big disappointment for those of us that like to read.

I could continue asking for new HDXs, but what's the point? I've already seen 4 and they've all had this problem, and the replacements could be worse than the original like my one replacement already was. Do I go back to the HD? If I do that I lose the ability to download the prime TV/movies which is a great feature. Do I get a Kindle paper white for reading? Well, then I have to carry 2 tablets with me which is ridiculous. Should I purchase the 8.9 inch which supposedly doesn't have some of these issues? Well, the 8.9 inch is bigger, bulkier, heavier and more expensive and space/weight is a premium with the amount I travel. Do I begin using my iPad mini? Then again I lose the ability of the prime downloading. So I guess I'll keep the original HDX and hope Amazon addresses the reading issues on the next upgrade, but with the way they've been responding with these issues on the HDX, it seems like they don't think the issues are a problem.

So, if you'll primarily use the 7 inch HDX for gaming, and viewing videos, you'll probably really enjoy it. However, if you plan to read a lot on the HDX, this is probably not the device for you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2014 9:40 PM PST

Fisher-Price Wheelies Loops 'n Swoops Amusement Park
Fisher-Price Wheelies Loops 'n Swoops Amusement Park
Price: $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loops and Swoops Amusment park fun!, December 9, 2013
The twins I bought this for love it. They play with it daily. Love Fisher Price products! Long lasting and durable!

Ballistic EV0993-M695 Every1 Case with Holster for iPhone 5 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Pink/Purple
Offered by L2D2
Price: $27.95
3 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, December 9, 2013
Started busting within a few months, sides starting wrinkling up. Case was toast and I didn't trust it to protect my phone.

Incipio MacBook 11-inch feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case - Matte Iridescent Pink
Price: $37.40
9 used & new from $15.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Major cracking., December 9, 2013
Case is cracking after minimal use. I use this laptop at home and it sits on my couch. The case is cracking and I would hate to see what it would look like if I traveled with it at all. I contacted Incipio but never got a response.

Disney Princess Palace Pets Pamper Spa Playset
Disney Princess Palace Pets Pamper Spa Playset
Offered by Klipple Group USA
Price: $35.98
39 used & new from $24.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitty Summer, No other pets., August 19, 2013
Can't say much about the quality of this product, will update my review after my daughter opens it for her birthday. I am writing this review to let you know, as other stated, you only get what is show in the picture. You get 1 pet, Summer, Rapunzels kitty. The other 3 pets listed are not included.

LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra/Ultra XDI  Kids' Learning Tablet, Green (styles may vary)
LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra/Ultra XDI Kids' Learning Tablet, Green (styles may vary)
Offered by Monkeying Around
Price: $112.98
71 used & new from $74.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device!, August 4, 2013
We have had our Ultra for a few days now. We also had the LeapPad and the LeapPad 2. We decided we needed to upgrade for the bigger screen and wifi. There is so much we love about the Ultra! The screen is HUGE. The size of an ipad mini screen.

The Ultra is built TOUGH. Its heavier than the LeapPad 2, but that is to be expected due to its large size. It comes with a built in battery, no need to purchase batteries or a battery pack on this device. The Ultra comes with a charger for at home, and a USB cable. You can also purchase a car charger for this device.

My favorite upgraded features are the 7 inch screen, the kid safe LeapSearch which allows your child to surf content that Leapfrog has deemed safe. There are categories of video's and websites like NickJr.com, PBS kids, Barbie, ThinkQuest, Highlights Kids, Funology, NASA, and many more! I also love that there is an upgraded Pet Pad Party app which allows you to pick from a wide variety of pets, design them, design their home, play tick tack toe and all sorts of fun things! My daughter really enjoys that feature. For those who have 2 children who will have Ultras there are peer to peer features where your children can play against each other (or any other Ultra user in the same room). Games like Cart Racing and Roly Poly World, but you can select the learning level for each child so the questions will be geared for that child while they are playing on their device!

Another great feature on the device is a APP CENTER APP, where you can purchase and download apps right from the device. You can only do this is parent mode of course, and you have to enter a code that you choose to purchase an app. I love that you can also purchase apps from the app center at Leapfrog.com, or from Leapfrog Connect on your computer and once the Ultra is turned on it will start downloading your purchases with no need to connect via USB. I really like the fact that the stylus is pushed into the side of the device, and that the volume buttons are at the top, and the power button is on the side. The only buttons on the front are the d-pad and home buttons. I have noticed that with the Ultra you can use the d-pad in games where you normally tilt the device to move objects or characters. I'm not sure if that was a possibility in the previous LeapPad devices? Its great to have the option.

I highly recommend this device. Its perfect, safe, fun, big screen, wifi included, tough, will grow with your child, and Leapfrogs educational content can't be beat. We have tried Vtech products, and we own a Kindle Fire and Ipad, but my daughter still chooses her LeapPad to play with. I love that I don't have to worry about anything she is looking at or playing with, and I know that she is LEARNING from content designed by education professionals. I have never found the quality of content anywhere else, that LeapFrog offers. Ipad apps may be cheaper, or free, but the content is just not there. You get what you pay for with Leapfrog, they stand behind their products. I don't mind the cost to ensure that my child is learning as we use our device for educational entertainment.

If you are looking at buying your child a learning tablet, this one simply can't be beat. We are thrilled with it. I'd suggest not waiting to long to purchase if you are thinking of this being a Christmas gift. Its sure to be a sell out!!

Thank you for another great product Leapfrog!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2013 4:51 AM PDT

iLuv ICA7T325BLU Pulse Case Protection for Apple iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S  - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Blue
iLuv ICA7T325BLU Pulse Case Protection for Apple iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Blue
Offered by DigitalKynect
Price: $3.95
14 used & new from $1.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case! Colors not as bright as pictured., September 23, 2012
Recieved my case yesterday and was so happy! I was so paranoid walking around with a naked iphone 5! This case is 2 layers. You put the pink layer on first, and the blue layer over the top. I read somewhere that the 2 layers can be interchanged, but they can't. If you had 2 cases you could interchange the top layer of the 2 cases, but that would get pricy. Its a beautiful case, and really easy to hold onto. It looks like it should do a pretty decent job of protecting the phone, although Im still a little nervouse about drops. Really wanted something like a gumdrop case, but those are only available from Gumdrops website and they want 9.56 to ship out a package that could probably be sent with 3 stamps.

Overall, I like this case, it looks decently sturdy, and is really cute!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2013 4:23 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3