Profile for Ema Nnep > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ema Nnep RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
eCrafty EC-1155 100-Piece Bali Style Deluxe Spacer Mix Metal Beads, 100gm, Silver
Price: $9.34
8 used & new from $5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas morning in a box!, April 10, 2014
This lovely assortment comes with different sizes so that you can add a beautiful bead to a large thread, like a 2mm, or a very thin wire if you're working on a cell phone fob. These were such a lovely surprise with the assortment and sizes of the interior space for beading and working on a bracelet or a key ring or earrings that I went in and bought 4 more bags to have them on hand to find an wonderful assortment for spur of the moment projects as well as the projects I have been stewing on for awhile. Cannot recommend this assortment enough. It inspires the creativity that lurks in all of us!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2014 8:46 AM PDT

OPI CLASSIC BRIGHTS COLLECTION ~FIREFLIES~ NLB23
OPI CLASSIC BRIGHTS COLLECTION ~FIREFLIES~ NLB23
Offered by One41 beauty
Price: $9.85
2 used & new from $9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic color from OPI, November 25, 2013
Just love this color!!! OPI never disappoints and when it comes to iridescent hues, they know their stuff!

This color is such that a single coat adds a flirty touch to my nails while two or three coats make a statement and because the color is so delicate you don't have to worry about your manicure clashing with your outfit!

My Sister is a Dragon
My Sister is a Dragon
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a unique and refreshing take on the teen genre!, June 28, 2013
With all the stories out there for teens to get interested in, this story is light and yet has heart, something that very few people can manage these days.

At the center of it all is a story about family, understanding and love, and those are the kinds of things that are not promoted to young readers these days.

I can't wait for the next installment!

Color Club Halographic Hues Nail Polish, Multicolored, Harp On It, .05 Ounce
Color Club Halographic Hues Nail Polish, Multicolored, Harp On It, .05 Ounce
Price: $9.51
10 used & new from $5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular dazzler!, April 13, 2013
I have fallen in love with the Color Club Holographic colors since finding them here on Amazon and I picked up Harp On It as a threesome special they were offering, knowing that I would love the colors even though the images can't always be relied upon to reveal the true beauty of the colors you'll receive in person.

This color is astonishing because it has the holographic rainbow of crushed opals in the bottle before you even get it on your nails.

I had decided because of the season and my nails being shorter than I would normally wear a full manicure in an eye catching color like this one, I decided to do a little something different.

I have reviewed a product called Instant Artificials that I use because I have normally thin nails and I use it for a phenomenal base coat as well as a straight manicure because the product is a clear pink which gives you a glossy healthy look when it dries.

So, I put on my 3 coats of Instant Artificials, giving me a very nice basic manicure, then using Harp On It in place of a plain white tip color, I gave myself a French Manicure.

The effect was gorgeous because it was subtle enough for business attire and a professional surrounding but when the light began refracting off that dazzling opal rainbow on my nail tips it snagged plenty of attention and compliments.

I can see where this color can be used for a host of different applications, as a straight manicure for a truly outrageous glam look to adding little hits of it if you're decorating your manicure for a fun punch of whimsy, or to go for subtle like I did using it in a French Manicure.

Regardless of how you choose to use this color, I can promise you that you will be absolutely floored by how remarkable the effect is. The color is pure gorgeousness and I can imagine that come summer it will be dazzling to do a full mani/pedi with this color.

I ordered several bottles to make sure that I have it once others discover this amazing hue.

Don't be shy about purchasing this color, you'll be dazzled and you'll want to 'harp on it', too!

Trouble with the Curve (UltraViolet Digital Copy)
Trouble with the Curve (UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Clint Eastwood
Price: $9.90
24 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a human story more than it is about baseball..., February 4, 2013
I was told that I had to be a baseball fan to grasp the fine details of this film, but after watching it I learned that that was not the case.

While our main character played fantastically by Clint Eastwood is a baseball scout, the story revolves more around his relationship with his daughter, played achingly well by Amy Adams, after the loss of Eastwood's wife in the film.

It is about the choices we make so that the ones we love most will have the best chance at success based upon our point of view at the time those choices are made.

*spoiler alert* After a near miss with a child predator when Eastwood's daughter is very young and on the road with him while he's scouting the next great thing in baseball, Eastwood decides that it is better for his daughter to go live with her aunt and uncle, giving her stability and security. The problem is that he never explained that to his daughter, he just left her with the aunt and uncle and headed out onto the road, thinking that somehow she'd come to magically understand why he had done what he'd done.

Think about it for a minute. How many times in our lives do we look back on the choices and actions of our parents and think to ourselves, WTF? How could they have possibly done what they did if they'd had a clue? However, life doesn't come with a hindsight manual that allows us a glimpse of the future to see how our choices will pan our for ourselves and our loved ones.

That's what makes this story so meaningful. Regardless of what profession a parent is in, especially when they have lost their partner in life and the other parent to their children, every single choice and decision that the remaining parent makes becomes proportionately more important. That kind of pressure and the desire to do the right thing can sometimes result in choices that the children wished their parents had never made, and that is what we see play out in this movie.

Surprisingly enough, Justin Timberlake delivers a very funny and heartfelt performance as the love interest for Adams and the quasi-protege to Eastwood and his character acts as a bridge between the two in the film.

Clint Eastwood is a phenomenal actor, delivering powerful performances time and again, and this movie is no different. The ensemble cast is crisp and clean and John Goodman provides a great performance in the role of longtime friend and co-worker of Eastwood's character.

This was a truly enjoyable movie from start to finish and I couldn't recommend it more highly. If you want good story telling and a well crafted film, you'll find it here, and with the feel good twists and turns that some might call a bit predictable, it provides a very satisfying ending to the film.

Pop some popcorn, make sure the beers are cold and have a few hot dogs at the ready and settle in for a real treat!

Ce De Mega Smarties Candy, 2.25 Ounce -- 24 per case.
Ce De Mega Smarties Candy, 2.25 Ounce -- 24 per case.
Offered by Mother Bears Candy
Price: $21.89
9 used & new from $18.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely addictive!, February 23, 2012
I have always loved the little rolls of Smarties ever since I was little and I'd get them from trick or treating at Halloween. Most of my friends and I would have a bit of Halloween candy in our lunch boxes and we'd swap and trade and we always used the little bitty ones as 'medicine' to make us magical.

I know, silliness, but when you're small you do goofy things like that.

When I saw that these mega Smarties were available I had to try them because I had never seen anything like them before and if they were anything like their mini counterparts they would be yummy.

Well, we've already reordered these and everyone loves them! They have a wonderful flavor just like the little ones and seem just a trifle softer under your teeth when you crunch down on them.

We have a lively debate going on in the family between chewing them up immediately and letting them dissolve slowly.

I'm too impatient to let them dissolve completely, and as quickly as everyone devours these treats, I have a feeling that another reorder of these is not too far off in the future!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrantly colored and very easy to apply., February 23, 2012
When I needed to upgrade my phone I was looking forward to something new but not something outrageously priced and more than I actually needed. I found the LG Dlite at my local T-Mobile store and picked it up, finding that it had everything I needed and wanted, plus alot more options.

The only thing that I wasn't really jazzed about was the fact they only had the model that was in basic silver, but that was an aesthetic issue and nothing wrong with the phone. I do love it!

However, I admit to having looked forward to a bit of glitz with my new phone, and with the basic color I was looking for something... more.

When I found these skins through Amazon I was delighted and the price was just too good to pass up, so I ordered this design and another with large, graphic butterflies on it.

Once I got the skins it was a matter of peel and stick, easy to do and because the sticky on the back doesn't weaken if you have a mishap and have to readjust the skin to get it in the exact right placement around the camera lens, it applies very easily as long as you make sure to smooth as you go and keep out the little air bubbles that can cause ridges if you don't get them out.

Bottom line, I really love this design and it really gives my phone a bit of panache and uniqueness that I like.

For the price you can get several and change them out for the seasons!

Crest 3d White Radiant Mint Flavor Whitening Toothpaste 5.8 Oz (Pack of 4)
Crest 3d White Radiant Mint Flavor Whitening Toothpaste 5.8 Oz (Pack of 4)
Offered by Awesome_Deals777
Price: $15.09
27 used & new from $9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshes my mouth, cleans my teeth and whitens them to boot!, February 22, 2012
I admit I was one of those people who watched the commercials on TV and thought, 'Yeah, right...' but after awhile I decided to give it a try. Crest is a good name in dental hygiene so I thought why not try a tube after the stuff I was currently using is finished.

What a fantastic surprise this stuff is! Not only is the flavor intensely refreshing, it keeps your breath fresh for a good long while after you've rinsed your mouth. The flavor is not so intense as to be unpleasant, it tastes good, and when you start brushing, it does work up a nice bit of foam.

Now, in an effort at full disclosure, I'm one of those women who believes a good head of lather means my hair is getting really clean, and that a good bit of foam from my toothpaste means that my teeth and gums are getting good and clean.

There is something about this toothpaste when it foams up that invigorates your mouth and it helps to make your gums tingly in the most pleasant way. My teeth are slick and feel clean under my tongue as I make sure I've gotten everything and that nice pop of breath freshening mint is really wonderful.

I am really delighted that I chose to give this product a try. It does exactly what it promises to do, it cleans my teeth, fights bad breath, and it has made a clear improvement in the brightness of my teeth in a relatively short amount of time.

I give this two thumbs up and a zigzag snap!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2014 4:14 PM PDT

Hydrangeas
Hydrangeas
by Daria Price Bowman
33 used & new from $3.43

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this simply for the pictures..., December 23, 2011
This review is from: Hydrangeas (Hardcover)
Hydrangeas are my favorite flowers for color and just the impression they make when a healthy hydgrangea plant is in bloom.

The sizes of the blooms, the color variations, the shapes of the heads, there is nothing about the hydrangea that doesn't delight me, so when I found this book I decided I needed to own it.

I am so glad that I gave in to the impulse to add this to my library.

The photographs are so beautiful and crisp you feel like you could reach into them and create a bouquet to enjoy.

The information about the history of the flower and other anecdotal facts is very interesting, but I must be perfectly honest that I wanted this tome just for the photos.

Bottom line, this is a beautifully illustrated book filled with beautiful photographs of exceptional examples of the hydrangea in all its varieties.

Coastal Scents Go Makeup Palette, Beijing, 0.28 Oz
Coastal Scents Go Makeup Palette, Beijing, 0.28 Oz
Price: $8.95
6 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Plum palette, plum gorgeous!, December 23, 2011
The image of the compact doesn't serve the colors justice and as lovely as they appear on the screen, they're lovelier in person.

As with the other kit that I purchased, Cairo, these colors blend to create a professional look without any effort at all. I can use these plum shades and the darker matte shades from the other color kit to create even more looks and I love the creativity it allows!

The best part is what it does for my eyes. The colors are subtle but they work together to enhance the color of my eyes and since using these kits I've gotten several compliments about the color of my eyes which do fluctuate between green, blue and gray depending on mood and the colors I wear.

These colors make the whites of my eyes pop whiter somehow, and the green and blue traits come thru.

The value of this kit makes it a real no brainer and it's so cost effective it makes gift giving a snap to take care of.

Trust me, this kit will be a most pleasant surprise for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that it will make you feel gorgeous no matter what color combination you choose to wear!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 7:20 PM PDT