Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for R. A. Koenig > Reviews

Browse

R. A. Koenig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. A. Koenig RSS Feed (Madison, WI)

Page: 1 | 2
Baffin Men's Pivot Snow Boot,Black/Charcoal,13 M US
Baffin Men's Pivot Snow Boot,Black/Charcoal,13 M US
Price: $161.97
11 used & new from $161.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels Like a Ski Boot, March 4, 2014
I ordered a size 13 as I've done with my last two pairs of boots even though I wear a size 12 shoe. This leaves a little room for a thicker sock.

I like the lacing mechanism but I found the boots had to be laced or cranked a little tight to get my Klim bibs to fit over them. They felt fine but after wearing them for several hours I was glad to take them off. They are very stiff like a ski boot and I was walking like I was in a ski boot, not a natural stride. They are definitely a nice pair of boots but the stiffness or ankle support isn't necessary for snowmobiling.

The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now!
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative but....., May 17, 2012
I found some useful information in this book but I also felt it reads like a big ad for other programs (at additional cost) on his website. The book is full of references that lead you to the author's website.

Mediabridge - BLue RJ45 Computer Networking Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable - (14 Feet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cables On Amazon at a Great Price, October 14, 2011
I have ordered several cables from Mediabridge, mainly HDMI cables. Every time I need another one I look for the Mediabridge brand on Amazon. The quality, construction and packaging is equal or better to cables costing significantly more in the big box stores.

Travelpro Crew 8 22 Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter,Black,One Size
Travelpro Crew 8 22 Inch Expandable Rollaboard Suiter,Black,One Size

2.0 out of 5 stars Travelpro Crew 8 is Half a Crew 5, June 21, 2011
I'm an airline pilot and have been using 22" Travelpro Rollaboards for the past 15 years. Recently the handle on my Crew 5 broke. Coincidentally my bag arrived broken after checking it on a recent trip. I have found that my Travelpro bags last indefinitely and look like new if I keep them in my control as carry-on bags but it only takes a few times as checked baggage to ruin them.

So I decided to order the Crew 8 since my handle was broken on the Crew 5 and I was awaiting a replacement handle. Every Travelpro bag I've upgraded to has been a continual process of improvement with the new bag being nicer than the previous in layout and features. Unfortunately this was not the case with the Crew 8. I am a professional traveler and pack very efficiently into a 22' bag. I can go on a 10 day trip with the contents, no problem. The Crew 8 has only 2 external zippered compartments while the Crew 5 had 4. If you like to have access to some items without having to open the bag and rifle through the contents then the Crew 8 is a downgrade from the Crew 5. The Crew 8 looks good from the outside but the inside is very basic. It's almost as if Travelpro took an off-the-shelf bag available from China and put their badge on it. I basically pack a similar version of the same contents into my bag for each trip. I tried to get the same contents I routinely pack into my Crew 5 into the Crew 8 and it was very difficult. There is no carrier for toiletries and other misc. items like in the Crew 5. There is no compartment on the inside of the lid (just a simple zippered net) where I would put t-shirts, socks, pants, etc. Funny thing is, after I had the Crew 8 packed it looked bloated and stuffed compared to having the same items in the Crew 5. The Crew 5 was a well thought out, functional bag for the professional traveler. The Crew 8 in my opinion is a bag to take when you can pack lightly for a long weekend at best.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2015 5:05 PM PDT

Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (6 Foot) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard]
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very High Quality Cable at an Excellent Price, May 13, 2011
This HDMI cable has construction that is similar to cables costing 6 times as much at the big-box stores. I have purchased 4 of these HDMI cables and all have worked flawlessly including on my new Samsung 3D plasma set and 3D Blu-ray player.

Jura 64553 Clearyl Water Care Water-Filter Cartridge
Jura 64553 Clearyl Water Care Water-Filter Cartridge
Price: $21.28
26 used & new from $16.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Same Filter I Used To Buy At William Sonoma, October 9, 2009
This water filter is used in my Capresso Z6 super automatic. It is the same one I used to buy for twice the price at William Sonoma or directly from Capresso.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitzcarraldo
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with any CD from the Frames, August 21, 2009
This review is from: Fitzcarraldo (MP3 Music)
I became aware of the Frames almost 2 years ago when I saw the movie "Once" and then did some research on line. I quickly became a fan of their music and started acquiring several of their CD's. This is one of them. Glen Hansard sounds as good live (even better) as his studio recorded CD's. Try that now days with most of the mainstream music that is out there touring. Many popular artists today require so much electronic manipulation of their sound that they would never show up and do an "unplugged" gig anywhere. Britney Spears comes to mind. Imagine her unplugged! Glan Hansard was a busker in Dublin and can sing on a sidewalk with just his guitar and blow you away. He did that on his latest tour with the Swell Season which is the band used to record the music for "Once". It's basically the Frames with the addition of Marketa Irglova who co-starred in the film and is an accomplished musician and vocalist on her own. I highly recommend anything you can find from the Frames. The "Cost" is another great CD from the Frames.

Your Sweet Love
Your Sweet Love
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blues with Albert's Outstanding Guitar Work, August 21, 2009
This review is from: Your Sweet Love (MP3 Music)
If you are a blues fan and have heard or listened to Stevie Ray Vaughn, Luther Allison, Buddy Guy, Joe Bonamassa, etc. then this CD is a "must-have" for your collection. Albert is the lead guitar and vocalist in his band. I saw him about a year ago at the Chicago HOB and he was excellent. He fried two amps early in his performance (through no fault of his own) but ended up using a Fender amp. Either a Bassman or a Blues Deville if I recall. The recording on this CD is very clear and makes his guitar cut through the air like a knife. Highly recommend!

Coraline Bendy Doll in Rain Coat
Coraline Bendy Doll in Rain Coat
2 used & new from $500.00

5.0 out of 5 stars From a kid 's eye view, August 21, 2009
I went to see Coraline in the theaters with my friend, and we both loved it! We could'nt stop laughing, and when my dad showed me the doll one morning, I was so excited to get her as a doll! Everything about Coraline is really cool because when you put her in the sun it looks like her hair is glowing! Her rain coat is made really well and her hood fits perfectly over her head and her boots even have a little bit of mud on them! There is no shirt underneth her rain coat so if you want one you will have to find one on your own. You might have read in other reviews that you can take off her face and there is a skull underneath. Really underneath is just the inside of her head. You can move her eyes but be careful because you could scratch the paint off her eyes. Her body is sort of hard to move at first but, she will loosen up. She is really skinny so it might be easy to brake her, so I wouldn't recommend her for anyone under 10 years old. Coraline is my favorite doll I have, because of all her unique features and I can't wait to get the other Coraline bendy dolls!

The above paragraph was written by my 10 year old daughter. I thought you might like to hear a review from a childs perspective. I did take the liberty to correct a few of her spelling errors!

Samsung BD-P2500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player (2008 Model)
Samsung BD-P2500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player (2008 Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Complementary Blu-Ray Player to my LN40A650 Samsung LCD, December 28, 2008
I ordered the BD-P2500 at the same time I ordered the Samsung LN40A650 LCD HDTV from Amazon. Both arrived in excellent shape and setup was a breeze.

I have the BD-P2500 connected via a 3' HDMI cable. Picture quality on Blu-Ray discs is exemplary. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the player up-converts standard DVDs. It does such a good job I may pull out a few old DVDs and watch them again.

The Netflix option works great after I did the firmware update. A CD was enclosed in the box with a firmware update dated sometime in NOV2008 but I knew from reading the reviews on here that there was a DEC2008 firmware update available on the Samsung web site. I initially burned a CD-ROM of the firmware update from Samsung but the BD-P2500 wouldn't read it. I went back to the web site and downloaded the USB flashdrive version of the update and installed that without a hitch.

I joined Netflix on my PC and went back to the BD-P2500 and entered a code and now it steams videos from Netflix in quality comparable to standard DVD. That is a nice feature, especially for the kids.

I thought I would share with you how I connected my BD-P2500 to my home network. I have a wi-fi network consisting of an Apple Time Capsule as my wireless router. I went to the Apple Store and purchased an Airport Express which is a multi-function wireless router, network repeater, etc. You set it up during the initial setup to perform the function you require on your wi-fi network. I used this Airport Express to pick up my network and communicate via a short ethernet cable between the Airport Express and the BD-P2500. The Airport Express has an ethernet jack and it works very well in this configuration. I am getting almost full quality on my Netflix streaming video. Of course the quality of your streaming video will also depend on the speed of your broadband connection and signal strength. This method of connecting the 2500 to my network allowed me to avoid stringing an ethernet cable from one level of my home down to the router. The Apple Airport Express will work with other routers. It is N and G capable depending on your configuration.

One negative issue I've encountered during the past week of use is the player has frozen up 3-4 times during the loading of a disc requiring me to power it down to unfreeze the unit. The home screen would get distorted shortly after inserting the disc and the unit would lock up and be unresponsive to any inputs from the remote other than to power it down. It refused to load and play a DVD-R I burned in my PC that will play on all other DVD players in my home. It also froze on a factory standard DVD movie that after powering the 2500 off and reloading the DVD a second time it played fine. Something is happening during the loading process that has a glitch with some DVDs. Others have pointed this out in their reviews.

Other than the few freeze-ups during initial loading the player seems to be a very nice unit at this price point. I haven't noticed any fan noise as previously mentioned in another review.

Update 15JAN2009: Since setting up my BD-P2500 I have had two firmware updates become available over the players ethernet connection. The unit will inform you when a firmware update is available if you have it connected to the internet. I was hoping one of these recent firmware updates would allow me to play DVD+R's. It does attempt to play them but there are frequent freeze-ups which make it unusable. I am hoping a future update will remedy this problem.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2010 5:46 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2