Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for wishiweretrinity > Reviews

Browse

wishiweretrinity's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"wishiweretrinity" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is *The* Most Amazing Movie..., September 23, 2000
Keanu Reeves makes an excellent serial killer, if I do say so myself. James Spader is really cool as a burned-out FBI agent. Marisa Tomei puts in a good preformance too. The music is amazing in this movie - I highly recommend you buying the score. If you listen carefully in the beginning, you can catch one of the songs from The Matrix. (another excellent Keanu movie) The visuals are stunning, I really like the effects and off-center camera angles - they really add to the drama. You start to feel for the characters after a while - Keanu is tripped out in this movie! All in all it is a wonderful expirience - bad reviews aside.

Oops!... I Did It Again
Oops!... I Did It Again
Offered by TheUniqueStoreNV
Price: $4.87
428 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars EW, July 19, 2000
This review is from: Oops!... I Did It Again (Audio CD)
I feel sorry for all of those who have fallen victim to this record label creation. Britney Spears has no talent, her songs have no meaning, and she does not play any instruments. She defys all regular meanings of the word 'singer' Like all of the bubblegum pop singers before her, including the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Christina Aguilera, and others, her songs are over-played, over-hyped, and totally unintelligible from the rest of the bad music that plagues our air waves. Let's start listening to bands with talent, whose music inspires us or sends a message, and who actually do more than dance as poorly as they sing.

Dizzy Up the Girl
Dizzy Up the Girl
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $6.84
474 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just A Great CD, July 19, 2000
This review is from: Dizzy Up the Girl (Audio CD)
I saw the Behind the Music story on the Goo Goo Dolls yesterday. This band has an amazing story behind it. I love John Rzeznik's voice, the lyrics that he writes are so moving. I like Robby's song well enough, but the others on this CD just outshine it. Keep it up, guys. I luv ya, John :)

Sixpence None The Richer
Sixpence None The Richer
Price: $12.02
322 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Kiss Me, May 29, 2000
I had really gotten sick of the song 'Kiss Me' (they play it on VH1 every 5 seconds) But when my friend gave me this CD, I rediscovered it for the beautiful song that it is. I highly recommend this CD, as the other tracks were just as lovely (or in some cases, more so) than the much-hyped 'Kiss Me'

Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace [VHS]
Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace [VHS]
VHS
Offered by ALLFLAVORS
Price: $7.89
437 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars George Lucas Strikes Again, April 12, 2000
Of course, we all knew that he would. George Lucas wrote almost as good a story for Phantom Menace as he did for the originals. The music is wonderful, the charachters and plot are wonderful. My favorite scene is the pod race. I have the computer game, but it gets redundant because I win every time. Everything you would expect from George Lucas and Star Wars is in this movie. The only thing I didn't like was Jar Jar Binks. He annoyed me. Oh, well. It was still a great movie and well woth yyour money.

The Return of the Primitive: The Anti-Industrial Revolution
The Return of the Primitive: The Anti-Industrial Revolution
by Peter Schwartz
Price: $13.10
110 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell me please..., April 9, 2000
What is good and "moral" about altruism? If sacrificing yourself and your self-interest to others is regarded and the societial norm, than I refuse to live in such a world. You have to be interested in yourself enough to take your next breath, why not identify your values as different from those of others and work in a rational manner towards your ideal? I have dealt with the products of altruism, they are mindless, literally SELFLESS beings. (I swear, literally with no sense of self, they don't know who they are. Everything is what the next person says, that is their only justification for living the way that they do.) Why, HOW, can you live like that? Read Ayn Rand's books and then tell me how you are justified to live in this world as you do. There is no rhyme or reason to your life, you moral cannibals! (sorry to get fanatical, but it is somehow not real to me that people can be like this.)

Atlas Shrugged
Atlas Shrugged
by Ayn Rand
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.27
658 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The True Exaltation Of Man, March 19, 2000
I agree with those people, such as John, David, and Stephen, who realize that this book is a truly noble effort. I can say with all my heart that this is THE best book I have ever read. It is a sparkling jewel in the rock pile of philosophical literature. To the narrow-minded, this is a book about a railroad. To the deeper people, it is abook about man as he should be. In The Fountainhead, there was Howard Roark as an example. In Atlas Shrugged, there is John Galt, and also 2 or 3 other people who stand out as the ideal for all mankind. There is not enough one can say about this book. If Ayn Rand was taught in high school or college, the human condition would be very different. I salute you, the people who truly understand this book and share Ayn's ideal for mankind.

Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster
Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster
by Jon Krakauer
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
364 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars why I climb, March 14, 2000
there was a guy from Boston who asked if there was an explanation of why climbers risk thier lives in pursuit of a summit. the answer, at least for me, is that I am not there on a death wish. I would rather turn around and head back down from a summit than risk my life in the pursuit. the mountain will still be there next season. the book is a narrative about people who had a strong belief that conditions were ok, that they should keep climbing. they did not go up there saying "summit or death" the most important part of mountaineering is making it back down.

Amadeus: The Complete Original Soundtrack Recording
Amadeus: The Complete Original Soundtrack Recording
Price: $33.18
31 used & new from $21.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Mozart Rules, March 12, 2000
this cd boxed set is the best Mozart collection you can buy for the money. it includes selections from some of his best, and most famous, works. my personal favorite is Abduction From The Seraglio, very cool opera. check out the samples and see what I mean. Mozart is the best composer who ever lived. some people may disagree, but that is my opinion. if you are just starting out in classical music, I think Mozart is the best introduction. not as dark as Bach or Beethoven can sometimes be. Mozart's music is happy most of the time, it really lifts your spirits.I love listening to him when I feel weird or stressed. I recommend this collection to anyone.

Mozart - Così fan tutte / Lott · McLaughlin · Focile · Hadley · Corbelli · Cachemaille · Sir Charles Mackerras
41 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Mozart rules!, March 4, 2000
Cosi Fan Tutti is definately my favorite opera. is has some great orchestration, as well as that classical Mozart style. this recording is superb. the vocals are wonderful and so is the music. I definately recommend.

Page: 1 | 2