Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Bruce Jones > Reviews

Browse

Bruce Jones' Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bruce Jones "xtrmtrk" RSS Feed (Bellevue, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BLACK+DECKER CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer, White
BLACK+DECKER CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer, White
Price: $14.71
124 used & new from $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last, March 20, 2016
I've had this juicer for a couple years and it hasn't held up well. The central juicer no longer easily engages in the drive gear and it slips a lot. It's very difficult to fully squeeze an orange. I can't recommend this for long-term durability.

Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 for Mac | Mac Key Card
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 for Mac | Mac Key Card
Price: Click here to see our price
25 used & new from $114.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft really hates Macs, March 3, 2016
Ah, to be dealing with Microsoft products again... Sigh.

I just received this product in the key card format. The first thing you have to do is log into your Office account and download the actual software. Since I'm on a Mac, of course I tried to do this with Safari. But when I hit the "Install" button on the webpage, I was directed to a blank white page with the simple text 'file not found.'" on it. Not HTML, no fancy layout, no error codes, no nothing except 16 useless characters and one unbalanced double-quote. Yep, I'm loving the Microsoft experience as always.

But they have online chat support available. So I click that and describe the problem. The kind soul on the other end suggests I use a different web browser. So I try it again with my copy of Chrome. SAME THING HAPPENS. Things aren't looking good. Then they ask if I have yet a third browser I could try it on. I don't, but I download FireFox, try a 3rd time - and what do you know, it works!

I don't know if this is a reflection of the decades long enmity between MS and Apple, or if MS is still sore about loosing the browser battle on the Mac or what, but it sucks for the end user who's a Mac owner.

Now I can't wait to use this shiny new version of Word and find out the little tidbits of goodness Microsoft has waiting for me.

Bottom line - if you're using a Mac, consider buying physical media rather than the key card.

Hummingbird HD Tube 1080P HD Mini FPV Camera DVR for FMX250 QAV250 etc
Hummingbird HD Tube 1080P HD Mini FPV Camera DVR for FMX250 QAV250 etc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, March 2, 2016
The video taken by the HD Tube is more detailed than video from a Mobius and the battery lasts longer. But it is heavier and the color isn't as saturated - the video looks a bit grey by comparison. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to turn off the timestamp in the video.

iPhone 6S Screen Protector, Tech Armor HYBRID Edge to Edge Glass (.2mm) Apple iPhone 6S / iPhone 6 (4.7-inch) Screen Protector (Blk) [1]
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $10.95
8 used & new from $6.46

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stay fixed down on screen, February 8, 2016
This screen protector does a good job of covering the entire surface of the phone, but I can not get it to stay affixed to my screen. When I first applied the protector (following the directions to the letter) it looked ok, but after I carried my phone in my jeans pocket, the bottom left corner became unfixed and looks like it has a big bubble. I could work this "bubble" out by pushing it to the edge, but every time I put it back in my pocket it would happen again. After repeating this several times, now it doesn't stay down at all and there's a permanent bubble.
I don't know if my phone is bent, or if this is the result of the infamous iPhone flexibility problem or if my Apple iPhone case is causing the problem, but I've had two other screen protectors on this phone previously and neither of them displayed this issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2016 1:36 PM PST

Hiku The Shopping Button
Hiku The Shopping Button
Price: $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic!, February 5, 2016
This is a very impressive gadget and I'm not sure if I could live without it now. It works exactly as it's supposed to, with some features nicely surprising you with how elegantly they work. For example, it's really good at figuring out what "aisle" an item is in. Put in "Stout" for example and it will figure out that it's in beer. The database of barcodes seems to be large and growing. And the voice recognition is really good. The iPhone app is very well done, again with some features having more and better functionality than expected.

Huge kudos to the development team on this device.

Bulbrite H70PAR38WF/ECO 70-Watt ECO Halogen PAR38, 90W Halogen Equivalent, Medium (E26) Base, 120V, Wide Flood
Price: $8.12
7 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good., January 14, 2015
I like this bulb. I'm using it to replace 75 watt incandescent floods in recessed receptacles. The bulb is larger in diameter than what I was using before but fits in the socket without any problems. The color is very natural, the spread nice and wide and being halogen, the light feels brighter than the incandescent that was in there before. I'll be buying more.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome way to bridge Arduino and the Internet - But..., February 17, 2014
If you want to connect anything you control or monitor with an Arduino to the Internet, this is a really great piece of hardware to do just that. Setting up a web server on an Arduino used to be very painful and the result wasn't too useful. With the Yun you've got a real Linux system onboard with a great little http server. You can even have PHP, Python and a host of other Linux software - good stuff.

My biggest problem with the board is the lack of memory on the Arduino side. It only has 32K of which 4K is consumed by the bootloader. Why couldn't they have followed the example of the Mega and gone with 256K? It's not like memory is that expensive these days. And I think it's obvious that people will want to use this for complex tasks. That 32K is quickly eaten up by user sketches, especially if you're doing any work with strings. I ended up having to store the strings on the SD card - which is only accessible from the Linux side - and sending tokenized information out from the Arduino. All of that and I was still tight on memory.

Maybe they'll release a Yun Mega.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2015 4:14 AM PDT

Moody Tools 58-0670 6-Piece Slot/Phil/Screw Extractor Combo Reversible Driver Set
Offered by Harry J. Epstein Co.
Price: $26.49
13 used & new from $26.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The best screwdrivers I own!, October 28, 2013
I bought these for the extractors and they work a charm - absolutely what you'd expect. But the really pleasant surprise was the philips head screwdriver included in this set - it works amazing well, removing screws I thought were stripped. These are the best screwdrivers I've ever used - and they're kind of a bonus to the kit.

Iomega 35887 StorCenter IX2 2 bay 0TB diskless Network Storage
Iomega 35887 StorCenter IX2 2 bay 0TB diskless Network Storage

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing for Mac & iPhone use, July 18, 2013
I bought this for two reasons: I wanted to have wireless backups of my MacBook Air when I was at home and I wanted to be able to access videos from my iPhone when away from home. Neither works.

After using the server as a Time Machine backup for about a month, I started getting the error "Time Machine completed a verification of your backups. To improve reliability, Time machine must create a new backup." If I go ahead and create the backup (an 18 hour process) I get the error again with a few days. Researching the problem online points to a problem with the NAS implementation on this server.

As far as the iPhone goes -while I can view videos using the Lenovo app, I can't view them using the Safari browser - this makes it impossible to show them to other smart phone users.

Frustrating.

IRIS Supply Case, Large
IRIS Supply Case, Large
Offered by Store and Organize
Price: $6.97
2 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Way over priced, May 23, 2013
This review is from: IRIS Supply Case, Large (Misc.)
A simple Google search shows this for sale in other stores for $3.99 each or $36.99 for 10. There's no reason to pay two and a half times the cost.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5