Profile for C. Starz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Starz RSS Feed

Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day (Everyday Food (Clarkson Potter))
by Martha Stewart
Price: $17.42
124 used & new from $2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Always has something we want to make, May 12, 2010
This is such a great cookbook--I'm an America's Test Kitchen kind of cook and appreciate good directions and consistent results. This book has both of those things AND is way faster. It's also much less intimidating for my husband to cook out of, and he likes that there is a picture of each and every recipe.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2012 2:04 AM PST

Wilton Excelle Elite 2 Piece 4 Inch Springform Pan Set
Wilton Excelle Elite 2 Piece 4 Inch Springform Pan Set

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, March 25, 2010
These are great little springform pans. I've used them along with Cook's Illustrated Cooking for Two cookbook series, which class for a small springform pan for individual serving cheesecakes and other cakes. These made a serving large enough to split between two people, especially for something as rich as cheesecake. They release beautifully, wash up easily, and are very sturdy. Water tends to collect underneath the rolled rim.

KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set to grow with, January 6, 2009
My husband and I received this cookware set as a wedding present. We had seen it was Consumer Report's "Best Buy," and put it on our registry. We must have been the only newlyweds to register for stainless steel cookware--the registry lady thought we were crazy for not wanting nonstick! I do NOT regret choosing this set. As I start cooking more challenging things, I really appreciate the delicious fond stainless cookware produces. And if you deglaze the pan as a part of your dish, the sauce does the cleaning up for you!

I especially like the stock pot--it fits a whole chicken for poaching and stock with no problems. Every pan cooks evenly with no hot spots and responds normally to heat (i.e. it doesn't heat up too fast or too slow)

I wish the set came with a 12" skillet--the 10" really has only 9" of space at the bottom and you can't really fit more than two full size pork chops in it. The teeny pot is cute, but somewhat useless if you don't have teeny burners on an electric stove--the kitchen gets pretty hot making a hard-boiled egg with that much "extra" exposed burner!

As for cleaning, I like the exposed copper to shine a little, so I use Barkeeper's Friend on the bottom every once in a while to spritz it up. My husband doesn't like the way the lids catch water in the undersides of the edge, where the glass meets the metal edge that fits the pot. You can stick a bit of paper towel in there and absorb it pretty easily, but it smears a little when it's starchy rice water.

Great set of quality cookware for someone who cooks frequently.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for curly girls (or guys)!, November 26, 2007
I love using this product along with a moderate-hold gel. It gives my natural curls great definition without crunchiness (especially if I blow-dry with a diffuser), and most importantly, gives me great "second-day" hair so I don't need to shampoo as often.