Profile for A. Cohen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Cohen RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Magisso Tea Cup, Snow White
Magisso Tea Cup, Snow White
Price: $20.20
37 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide mouth, January 11, 2013
I bought three of these ingenious little teacups and gave one to my mom. She loves it like I do. If I had one reservation it's that due to the design the mouth of the cup is quite wide, which means your tea will cool faster than in a normal teacup. That's just a natural component of the design, so I'm not complaining and I'll give it 5 stars.

Sleep Innovations 2-in-1 Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard
Sleep Innovations 2-in-1 Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard
Price: $46.99
5 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within a week, April 24, 2011
This pillow burst a seam and fell apart within a week after I received it. It was pretty comfortable until then but now it is useless. Throw a few extra stitches in for the price, guys.

Tadelakt
Tadelakt
by Michael Johannes Ochs
Price: $19.13
48 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on Tadelakt I've seen, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Tadelakt (Paperback)
I own a business in Seattle that imports Venetian Plaster and Tadelakt from Europe. I have over a hundred books about decorative plastering and painting. I think this book, for both professionals and novices, is by far the best book on the subject of Tadelakt I've ever come across. It is compact and to the point. It is accessible for any novice but it is detailed enough for a professional applicator to learn something. Author is very knowledgeable. I've probably read it 3-4 times.

The two star reviewer on this book is disappointed that it does not have actual recipes for making your own Tadelakt at home. They are correct, it does not. Same as books on painting generally do not have recipes for how to make paint. As long as you are not trying to learn how to make Tadelakt from scratch but just want to know what it is, how to apply it, learn about the chemistry, the history, the modern context of Tadelakt, and see some great photos of installations, this is an excellent book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2012 11:46 AM PDT

Omega Sunlight SAD Light Therapy (Seasonal Affective Disorder) Super Bright
Omega Sunlight SAD Light Therapy (Seasonal Affective Disorder) Super Bright

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact but plenty bright., February 9, 2011
Living in Seattle, trying to stave off those winter blues. Wasn't sure about investing in the whole SAD light thing so went with least expensive option I could find. Happy to report I think it is working great. I'm writing this sitting in front of the little light box as I type, and I'm in a really good mood!

The Omega SAD light is very small - the area on it where the lights are measures about 2 x 2.5 inches. Now that I am pretty much sold on the concept, I think I will probably invest in a larger unit down the road and use this one as a travel unit, which will be great.

If you are thinking of trying a SAD light but not sure if it will work for you, this one seems like a good place to start. I'd give it 5 stars but have not owned it long enough to rate it's longevity.

QuietComfort® 3 Mobile Communications Kit
QuietComfort® 3 Mobile Communications Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made, November 11, 2009
These Mobile Communications Kit cords break way too easily. I have owned 3 in the past year. They break at the connection for the phone as well as where they plug into the headphones. It works great before it breaks but come on Bose, for $40 can't you make a decent cord? Love the headphones, BTW.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2010 9:57 AM PST

Mario Party 8
Mario Party 8
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $72.99
98 used & new from $27.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, June 9, 2007
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mario Party 8 (Video Game)
Sorry, but don't bother with this game. It's just a bunch of mini games and maybe it's fun for little kids, but I am really amazed at how limited and boring this game is.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2009 9:26 AM PDT