Profile for Margaret > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 79

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Margaret RSS Feed (Saint Charles, MO, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful
The Nesting Place: It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Beautiful
by Myquillyn Smith
Price: $12.64
65 used & new from $11.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless you hate color, don't bother with this., September 24, 2014
I was so turned off by this I returned it immediately. It is NOT for those of us who enjoy gorgeous rooms full of color and creativity that spark ideas. Unless you like bland, mashed potato, taupe rooms this book probably isn't for you either. I really don't understand the raves this book gets. There have been some design bloggers (like Young House Love) who can make the blog to book transition. This just didn't work for me. Maybe I'm too visual. I even found the photos a bore.

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30, 4 Fluid Ounce
Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30, 4 Fluid Ounce
Price: $13.59
9 used & new from $11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product for the price point, September 23, 2014
I'm continually impressed by the quality of many drugstore products and this is no exception. I like the fact that it's SPF 30 and it does a really good job of keeping my oily skin under control, which is no small task in the summer.

The Long Way Home: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Book 10)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Ms. Penny but ......, September 23, 2014
I love Ms. Penny and the way she writes but her stories go down like a crème brűlée and they are over far too soon. :)

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad Book 1)
In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, lyrical style, September 23, 2014
Tana French, where have you been my whole life? Beautiful, lyrical style and engrossing stories. I love that she focuses on a different detective in each book. This is her first and I've read them all now. She's my new favorite writer.

MEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Memory Wire (Purple)
Price: $17.99
24 used & new from $14.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. And cheap too., September 23, 2014
Could not run without these. I have really small ear canals and these convert to different sizes for different ears. Perfect. And cheap too so I don't need to worry about dropping, losing, getting wet, etc.

The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
by Deb Perelman
Price: $22.33
121 used & new from $13.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures, but not worth the price., September 23, 2014
Beautiful pictures, but really not worth the price when you can get her entire catalog of recipes for free on her blog. And her writing style is a little too cloyingly chirpy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2014 11:51 AM PDT

Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture, SPF 30, 1 Ounce
Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture, SPF 30, 1 Ounce
Price: $15.81
11 used & new from $7.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me ....?, September 23, 2014
Broke my skin out. What is it about Neutrogena "sensitive skin" products? Along with Clinique, they seem to be the absolute worst for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. Although I will use their soap until I die. :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2014 4:55 PM PDT

Dr. T's Supergoop! SPF 35 Daily Correct CC Cream-Light/Medium
Dr. T's Supergoop! SPF 35 Daily Correct CC Cream-Light/Medium
Offered by Hayward Beauty
Price: $29.74
16 used & new from $25.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Goop girl convert., September 23, 2014
I've searched long and high for a tinted moisturizer/sunblock/foundation that wasn't too heavy, didn't break my sensitive skin out, and made my skin look good. Who would have guessed it would be this weird stuff. Goes on great, either with fingertips or sponge. Lasts all day. No color fade, transfer, or change. Pores look good. I'm sure I love it so much that it's destined to be discontinued any second ...... !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2014 4:29 PM PDT

Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
by Christine Felstead
Price: $14.90
59 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the DVD, September 23, 2014
This review is from: Yoga for Runners (Paperback)
So much better than the DVD. The DVD is REALLY hard - and I've been doing yoga for 10 years. The book is great and let's you incorporate whatever you need into your own stretching routine.

The Marco Effect: A Department Q Novel (Department Q 2 Book 5)
The Marco Effect: A Department Q Novel (Department Q 2 Book 5)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great one from Adler-Olsen., September 23, 2014
Oh, Jussi, how do I love thee? This was another great one from Adler-Olsen, although I would say there wasn't enough Carl/Rose/Hassad (is there ever?). Can't wait for the next one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8