Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Miss Barbara > Reviews

Browse

Miss Barbara's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1507
Top Reviewer Ranking: 192

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Miss Barbara RSS Feed (Orange CA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Folgers Country Roast Ground Coffee 31.1 Ounce
Folgers Country Roast Ground Coffee 31.1 Ounce
Price: $7.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Pour-Over, July 30, 2016
I've recently become a fan of "pour-over" style coffee. No machines, no expensive cups, no messy cleanup from the bottom of a press. One of the things I found out is that some of the brands that I liked at Kcups tasted different with this pour over method. I experimented for awhile and low and behold - good old Folgers became my new go-to brand. It releases its flavor quickly with the pour over method and has no bitter under taste.

This was the brand I used in my old stove top percolator. Now I've come back to it all these years later.

Laneco 120 Colorful Gel Pens Set (60 Multicolor Drawing Pens + 60 refills), 20% More Ink Than Normal Pens, Great for Adult Coloring Book And Kids Painting
Offered by Laneco
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge assortment of colors and textures. AND REFILLS ARE INCLUDED, July 30, 2016
I am very happy with this set of 60 Laneco Gel pens. Point one is that you get 60 refills in the box. This is unheard of – usually you have to order them (and pay for them separately) or just not use the color any more until you purchase a WHOLE new set of pens. These pens are not cheap toss aways – they’re well designed, rugged and each pen has a cap that is designed to protect the writing/drawing tip.

In this particular set you get a variety of colors and composites. There are 11 glitter, 6 neon, 6 swirl (these are fun), 10 metallic, 5 standard, 9 pastel and an addition of 13 more glitter. My local library has an Adult Coloring Book group that meets once a month and I can promise you that this Laseco set was well received by the whole group.

I usually use a combination of pencils topped or outlined with gel color for emphasis and this creates very professional looking works. The points are fine tipped (.08 – 1.0) that lends themselves to detail work. The ink did not clump as sometimes happens in pens of lesser quality. I’m very impressed with the quality and scope of this assortment.

I received this set of gel ink pens in exchange for an evaluation of the product.

SanDisk 32 GB micro SD Memory Card for Fire Tablets and All-New Fire TV
SanDisk 32 GB micro SD Memory Card for Fire Tablets and All-New Fire TV
Price: $11.87
4 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars More Room for my 7" Fire, July 29, 2016
This works like a charm in my Kindle Fire 7" - It gives me much more wiggle room to download books and videos. The price point is attractive. It is a good addition to you Kindle Kit.

The Seaweed Bath Co. Volumizing Lavender Argan Shampoo
The Seaweed Bath Co. Volumizing Lavender Argan Shampoo
Price: $12.89
8 used & new from $10.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Seaweed from Maine, July 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve used several products now from Seaweed Bath Co. and really have liked every one of them. This shampoo leaves my hair soft yet styleable. I usually don’t do too much except air dry and then use my hands to “fluff” but even this leaves my hair looking nice. My hair is baby fine and I’ve sometimes been disappointed with shampoos that claim to be volumizing but this one walks the walk.

The lavender aroma is subtle and delicate, it has a nice undertone but does not conflict with any cologne you may be wearing. I’ve been coloring my hair for well over 50 years now and many products on the market give dyed hair an odd texture – not so with this Seaweed shampoo. And speaking of seaweed this product actually has seaweed as an ingredient – and it’s from Maine, not China. Made in the USA is a line that I look for on my grooming products.

Another thing that I’d like to mention is that on the label (and I’ve not seen it before) is: Shake Well Before Use. Now you know that there are good things in the bottle.

Kaytee Chew & Treat Toy Assortment for Hamsters (5 Pack)
Kaytee Chew & Treat Toy Assortment for Hamsters (5 Pack)
Offered by Deal4K
Price: $9.85
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all your rodent friends, July 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Katee chew toy is a good choice for people who want to add enrichment for your hamster, gerbil or guinea pigs. They are colorful and provide a lot of shapes and textures for you small caged rodents. I’m sure that if you have pet mice or rats they’ll also be happy to have this toy/chew as an addition to their cage.

These are wooden chunks and also a loofa piece. Rodents need to chew to keep their teeth and bit in tip top shape so this is a wise choice for the health of your pet as well as for enrichment. Some of the pieces come loose and others are connected to a hanger that can challenge your pet to climb and figure out how to reach the chew. It’s a lot of fun to watch you fur friend figure out the best approach.

Nina Ottosson 41045 Wood Dog Spinny Interactive Puzzle Mental Stimulation Brain Game, Small,
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Starter Game for your fur friend, July 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My family is very serious about the care and commitment that stems from raising dogs. We realize that the fun fur ball you have as your house companion is just half-a-step past its wild heritage. It’s so important to keep them alert and stimulated every single day. I work as a zoo volunteer and I see the staff putting emphasis on enrichment and catering to an animal’s natural foraging instinct. These series of Nina Ottosson interactive games are the best on the market for keeping your pet in peak mental condition.

This Dog Spinny is a superb starting point for an animal (dog, cat, ferret) learning to play with educational toys. The concept is simple – the dog can spin with his nose or paw the top of the unit and this will open up hidey-holes where you’ve put treats or kibble. The dog is rewarded with the food. This is a good game to use before starting your dog on more complicated tasks or for slowing down a dog that gobbles his meal too quickly and has gastric problems.

Avery Customizable Table of Contents Dividers , 12-Tab Set (11843)
Avery Customizable Table of Contents Dividers , 12-Tab Set (11843)
Price: $8.17
10 used & new from $3.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Very durable, July 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Avery products - binders, labels, dividers - are the BEST. These dividers with table of contents page will hold up for years. The templates on Avery.com allow you to make your presentation professional looking.

I use this style of 12-tab label set each year to keep track of my bills and expenditures. When tax time comes around I'm set - no digging in a shoe box. The holes are reinforced with a plastic strip. I have not used it but I understand that this can also be printed in landscape format should that fit your needs.

I now have 4 years of binders with my yearly expenditure and monthly statements using this style Avery dividers to keep the information in monthly buckets. So far each page and tab is still good as new.

TENA Serenity Ultimate Incontinence Pad, 33 Count,
TENA Serenity Ultimate Incontinence Pad, 33 Count,
Price: $50.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Very absorbent and long enough for even the big & tall, July 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like the long length of these Tena pads. They are a smidge over a foot long so I don’t have to worry about coverage. I use these when I’m out and about or at a function where I have to stand for prolong periods of time. Because of some medical problems I’m prone to “dribbling” and like the peace of mind that I get from a pad.

I have to admit that the price point on this brand is higher than some of the others that I’ve used. These certainly do the job but I think they are more suited for people who have a more serious problem than I have. They are very absorbent and there is no leakage if you have long periods between bathroom breaks. They come in individual packages so it’s easy to tuck them away in your backpack or handbag.

If you are one of the unfortunate few who are at an age or because of a medical problem and are forced to wear protection from accidents these Tena pads are long and absorbent and will be a good choice.

Tanly Women's Flex Comfort Slip On Walking Shoes Lightweight Fashion Sport Sneakers
Offered by BEELA
Price: $34.55
2 used & new from $34.55

5.0 out of 5 stars So light and comfy it's loke being barefoot., July 24, 2016
There is no way to explain how light and comfortable this shoe is. It's lighter than my point and shoot camera. It's lighter than my e-reader. Yet, they seem very well constructed. The elastic cross hatch holds your foot comfortably but is never restricting.

I live in Southern California and have an annual pass to that "Mouse Place" and go often, many time just to get in my 10K steps so I'm always looking for light walking shoes. These are like being barefoot. On the other hand, I'm up there in years (70 is in the rear view mirror) so I want to have something on my foot that gives me security in my footing and pace. Again, these shoes fit the bill.

I received these slip ons in exchange for an evaluation and can promise you that I'll be purchasing a pair in another color soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2016 9:07 AM PDT

Nina Ottosson 41052 Wood Dog Trubble Interactive Puzzle Mental Stimulation Brain Game
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stimulation and enrichment for your furry friends, July 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a zoo volunteer for about 10 years one of the things I’ve learned is that it is important to challenge your animal with puzzles and games in their feeding protocol. This enrichment will keep your pet at the top of his game both mentally and physically. This particular game is rated as difficulty level 2 or moderate.

An average dog will smell his treats or watch you insert them and then with your help figure out how to manipulate the hollow plugs to release the reward. The game is well constructed and made in Sweden so it has none of the nasty stuff that comes with the Chinese imports. This is important. Just the “heft” of the product tells you that it’s not made on the cheap.

The basic premise of this game is that there are several hollow plugs with your dog’s treats or kibble hiding in the hollow. The dog needs to work the sliding plugs around the snaky trails until they reach the “exit” which is wide opening where the plug falls loose and the treat can be extracted. This is a great mental workout for your dog (or cat, or ferret or even bird).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20