Profile for Rich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rich RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun skateboard for the kids (and me)!, April 26, 2013
After trying different similar skateboards, now I know why everyone loves these things. They're a lot of fun and they are built pretty good with quality parts. Much better quality than any of the other competing skateboards that I tried. I'm not comparing this skateboard to a full size cruiser, only to the other clone boards of similar size (everyone else seemed to copy this board after it was a huge success). These are smooth and quiet and fast. They also come in many different color combinations so, whatever your kid likes, you can probably find something for them. I definitely would recommend this to a friend. We now have three!!! Everybody wanted their own.

Stereo Skateboards Wooden Vinyl Cruiser Complete Skateboard (Black/Orange)
Stereo Skateboards Wooden Vinyl Cruiser Complete Skateboard (Black/Orange)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the cheap side., April 26, 2013
I originally bought this skateboard for my son thinking it would be cooler than the Penny board... but I was wrong. The bearings were super cheap and the wheels were loose (most likely because the bearings were so cheap that it wouldn't roll good). It sounds loud when rolling and feels raggedy, not at all like the Penny boards that are actually very quiet and smooth. Anyway, it wasn't at all as advertised so I returned it. Maybe it was just a bad one but I didn't want to risk it so I bought another Penny board instead and we like it a lot. Bottom line: I don't recommend this skateboard. Save your time and money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 4:18 PM PST

PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - White
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, February 25, 2013
Simple, sleek, looks like a pretty good build quality and reasonably priced. Supposedly it supports the power hungry Apple iPad's also but I don't have one of those so I can't tell you if it really does. It does work great with my iPhone 5 though and that's really why I bought it. I've only had it for a few weeks so if something bad happens I'll see if I can update my review. As of now, I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

eForCity Black Luxury Magnetic Flap Leather Skin Case Cover compatible with Apple iPhone 5 / New iPhone
Offered by ebestmart
Price: $2.65
13 used & new from $2.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not as advertised, February 25, 2013
I was looking for a leather iPhone 5 case to augment the beautiful Apple design and this item seemed perfect since it was advertised as a Luxury "leather" iPhone 5 case. It has NO leather at all. It doesn't even resemble leather. It's some kind of cheap plastic material and I'm not sure what part of it they consider "Luxury." It's very cheap. To make the experience even worse, I returned the item to them a couple weeks ago and they claim they still haven't received it and also don't want to refund the shipping cost. They are very slow to respond to emails and don't seem trustworthy. I would not recommend this product to anybody even for the cheap price because it's not as advertised and too risky if you don't like it. Buy at your own risk!!!

Pyramex Avante Safety Eyewear, Clear Lens With Silver Frame
Pyramex Avante Safety Eyewear, Clear Lens With Silver Frame
Price: $6.60
9 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price but not great., February 13, 2013
I actually got these for using while riding my bike at night because I wanted clear lenses and bike glasses are a total rip-off. I've worn them during the day also and they're OK for that. At night, though, they show a lot of glare from the various lights around the city; stop lights, street lights, car lights, etc. This glare looks like extra lights so it's kind of annoying. They were cheap though so I deal with it. They do sometimes get a little bit fogged up but it clears easily if there's some air flow. I have no idea how well they work as actual safety glasses. I "might" recommend these to a friend.

Acase iPhone 5s Case / iPhone 5 case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection case (Red)
Offered by CTCStore
Price: $14.95
4 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool case for iPhone 5., February 13, 2013
I think this is a very nice case for the iPhone 5 and should not be confused with the iPhone 4 cases that I've seen reviews about from this same seller (although I have not seen any of those cases myself). It has a silicone black sleeve that goes on first and then the hard red colored plastic piece pops on over the black silicone. The red paint is awesome; almost like a semi metallic texture to it. I have not dropped it yet (and don't plan to) but it looks like it will give the phone good protection for anything the case covers; it doesn't cover the screen but you can place the phone face down and the screen doesn't touch the table because the black silicone sleeve is raised higher above the edge of the screen. The black part also has little fold down covers over the charge port and headphone port. It's not the easiest thing to move them out of the way when you want to charge your phone but it's no big deal to me.This cover also does not block out any part of the screen. Although I give it a 5 star, it really should be a 4.5 (I think giving it a 4 would be unnecessarily negative) because the red plastic cover isn't perfectly covered by the black silicone sleeve so you can see the edge of the red part a very tiny bit. Other than that, it's great. It's a little thicker than I would ultimately like but that's probably a protection vs. thinness trade-off. I would recommend this to a friend.

Columbia Men's Regen Rain Pant, Black, Small/32
Columbia Men's Regen Rain Pant, Black, Small/32
Offered by Urbane Untamed

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money., February 7, 2013
This is a very basic waterproof pant. I wear it over my jeans when it's raining and, so far, I haven't had any problems with it and it seems to actually be waterproof! There are no pockets so don't expect to be able to easily get to things that you have in your jeans. A little bit of prep work when you use them will remedy that weakness. The only thing that might be nice would be having a built in gator on the leg bottoms. I wore these on a ride to work in the rain and a little bit of water was able to get in up on the bottom of my jeans. Not a huge problem but it did happen. As for sizing, they easily fit over my jeans but I'm smaller than a 32 (and I don't wear baggy pants) and I have not tried wearing them without pants underneath. I think the sizing is pretty accurate.

Conclusion: I would recommend these to a friend for basic needs.

Sunny SF-B1110 Indoor Cycling Bike
Sunny SF-B1110 Indoor Cycling Bike
Price: $266.66
4 used & new from $198.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality but needs some tweaking, February 7, 2013
I bought this thing for my wife who loves to spin. It's pretty simple to set up and is a fairly solid build. It spins smoothly although definitely not as quiet and smooth as the more expensive bikes I've tried. It's not noisy though, either. It's heavy enough to not move around while you're riding it and it's also really super easy to move (when you want to) thanks to the two littles wheels on the front base. My wife likes the heavier wheel on it as compared to some of the cheaper smaller bikes. As one other reviewer noted, the handlebars wiggle around a bit and, unfortunately for them, they didn't figure out that you can fix it by jamming a couple wood shims (from your local home improvement store) on both sides of the post up from the bottom of the neck. I did this and it's been totally fine ever since and much more solid than without. We ditched the pedals and just put SPD's on it so I can't tell you what the stock pedals are like; they're still in the plastic. The pedals going into the cranks don't seem as perfectly squared as my more expensive mountain bike but it's not a problem. It works well for someone in the 5'5" - 5'9" range but I'm not so sure it would be safe to setup for someone in the 6'+ range unless you are OK with the racing bicyclist positioning (low handlebars) due to the handlebars needing to be pulled up higher making the stability issue more prevalent. All in all I think it was well worth the money although I see that it is now more expensive than when we bought it. Still probably a good deal for the current price and certainly much cheaper than the next level of bike.

Conclusion: I would recommend this to a friend unless you have disposable cash and can afford the pro stuff. It's good enough to get results and won't break the bank.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 2:17 PM PDT

Black Premium Bumper Case for the NEW Apple iPhone 5 - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
Black Premium Bumper Case for the NEW Apple iPhone 5 - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
Offered by Wire Factory Celebrate Black Friday
Price: $1.98
15 used & new from $1.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality and not a great fit., February 7, 2013
I thought it would be so simple to make a bumper for the iPhone 5 that was good quality but this particular product is definitely not the one. The bumper is made out of plastic and rubber which is fine and is described that way in the product info. Straight out of the brand new packaging, the black hard plastic looks like it was run over by a truck, or walked on; it literally looks like someones shoe print on the plastic except it doesn't come off. The rubber is not trimmed cleanly so there are several little pieces of rubber hanging around the holes for the mic and charge port. It was inexpensive but it's actually overpriced for the quality. I'm definitely sending it back. Also, since it's so thin and cheap, it doesn't really fit so snug around the phone like the product info claims and I worried that it might just come off when putting it in my pocket. I couldn't stand to keep this thing on my elegant iPhone 5. I like the idea, though, of a simple bumper that will allow the phone to remain slim and still show off the great Apple design. It's just not going to be this one for me.

Conclusion: I would not recommend this product unless you want something that looks already beat up.

Gillette M3 Power Cartridges 8 Count
Gillette M3 Power Cartridges 8 Count

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sharp razors but too pricey, February 3, 2013
I've used the Gillette razors for years and when I first discovered the Mach3 Turbo blades (not these M3 Power) they were great for the first few shaves and then they would just start getting dull. Then, eventually they introduced the M3 Power and suddenly it seemed that the original M3 Turbo's weren't as sharp anymore. I think they just forced us into the more pricey blades by changing what they called the M3 Power and made the plain Turbo's not as good, hence the 3 star rating based mostly on quality to price. I even tried the Turbo's again a couple times but they still don't feel as sharp. So, I like the M3 Power's but they're just overpriced now. Now I've moved on to the Fusion ProGlide razor. I like it better than the M3 Power experience although I would still recommend these to a friend but inform them of my experience. Just make sure you get the real product and not some cheap knockoffs that I keep hearing about.

Page: 1 | 2