Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Capricious Momma > Reviews

Browse

Capricious Momma's Profile

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Capricious Momma "Cindy Lou" RSS Feed (Hobbs, NM United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
High Plains Tango: A Novel
High Plains Tango: A Novel
by Robert James Waller
266 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent novel, from someone who's actually read the book..., September 17, 2005
High Plains Tango is a story that will fascinate you from the beginning, turn you on and anger you in the middle, confuse you in a few small areas, and leave you satisfied at the end. I have never before read Robert James Waller, therefore I am not trying to compare it to "Bridges of Madison County". Perhaps this is the key to enjoying this novel (it also helps to read the book before you judge it...).

To understand the meaning of the title you have to read the whole thing, but I absolutely love how the story ties all of the characters lives together so neatly. I finished this book in 3 days, I read as my 5 month old daughter napped, and I had a hard time putting it down. Sometimes the detail and the dialogue (especially involving the elderly gentleman) got a little monotonous, but in general it's a real page turner.

If you are looking for a novel of purely romance and no other substance this is not the book for you. However if you are wanting to read something that brings out all of your emotions, truly brings to life all of the characters and leaves you wanting more then by all means read this book!

BABYBJORN Original Carrier - City Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
BABYBJORN Original Carrier - City Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars You Get What you Pay for!, May 27, 2005
I'm 23 and recently had my first baby, a girl on April 1, 2005. I recieved at my baby shower, a sling, a Snuglie and a Baby Bjorn Carrier. Of all of them, the Baby Bjorn is the best! The sling she didn't like because she kept sliding down in it and couldn't see my face well, not to mention that every time I had to bend over for any reason I felt like she was going to fall out. I assumed that the Snugglie and the Baby Bjorn were the same thing and opened and used the Snugglie first. She screamed her little head off when I put her in it, she just was not that secure against my body, I felt that the carrier was too floppy, not strong enough and she only stayed in it for maybe 30 minutes. Lastly I used the Baby Bjorn. Oh My Goodness, what a difference it made! Within five minutes of walking around with her in this strong secure carrier, the rhythm of my activity put her straight to sleep cuddled closely to my chest so that she could hear my heart beat. And the best thing about the Baby Bjorn is that you can unattach the back piece and lay them down with out ever having to disturb baby's slumber. Honestly if I hadn't recieved this as a gift I would have never bought it for myself, but if you can afford to you should! Always remember, you get what you pay for!

Blue Collar Comedy Tour - The Movie
Blue Collar Comedy Tour - The Movie
DVD ~ Jeff Foxworthy
373 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok, this was just outright hilarious!!, January 22, 2004
Ok, you might be a redneck if in order to empty the trash out of your truck you speed down the highway with your tailgate down and then slam on the brakes. My friends all turned, pointed at me and laughed. Ok, so I needed to clean out my truck.
This movie is just full of laughs! I think my very favorite was Ron White and his drunken escapades! He just puts it in a light that makes even your stupidest drunk moments pale in comparison. It's too bad I haven't been able to find any Ron White stuff besides this movie.
The closing scene on stage is the best part. They all sit around and just kinda talk and it is hilarious! Bill Engvall does great jokes about his family. Jeff Foxworthy is funny as usual. The Cable Guy is a little crude, but something about him reminds me of someone that I used to know. And of course Ron White is just the bomb. I love it when he was talking about going to the lady at the front desk and asking for a wake up call at 8:00. "It's already 9:00am, sir" "I mean 8:00pm... I hear they're running 2 a day in Phoenix!" hehehe..you gotta love it!
WATCH THIS MOVIE, GIVE YOUR FRIENDS AN EXCUSE TO POINT AND LAUGH AT YOU!

Seabiscuit (Full Screen)
Seabiscuit (Full Screen)
DVD ~ Tobey Maguire
Offered by 5_star_sales
Price: $10.90
292 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised myself by really liking it!, January 22, 2004
This review is from: Seabiscuit (Full Screen) (DVD)
I did not want to watch this movie. I mean an old story about some horse? Didn't sound like my kind of movie. But it was a family gathering and I would have been considered rude if I had left, so I stayed and reluctantly started watching.
WOW...I am so glad that I did. This story of a heartbroken (rich) father, an excentric horse trainer, a lonely but persistent jockey and Seabiscuit (the little horse that could), will break your heart first and then raise your spirits! Even if you don't consider yourself a history buff, and you don't like horses, by the end of this movie you will be at the edge of your seat yelling "GO SEABISCUIT GO!!!" I don't know quite how they did it, but this movie will reel you in.
Perhaps it is Tobey Maguire and his beautiful smile and incredible acting. He makes you feel lonely, and hurt and skeptical, but then courageous and hopeful and brave!
Or maybe it's the way Jeff Bridges plays the heartfelt, nice "father figure" who never gives up on Seabiscuit or Maguire. Whatever it is , it works.
Watch this movie, you will love it!

How to Deal (New Line Platinum Series)
How to Deal (New Line Platinum Series)
DVD ~ Mandy Moore
Price: $7.89
257 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars GR8 Movie for Teen Girls and Those of us who still Remember!, January 22, 2004
This movie is a movie that most teenage girls will be able to relate to. It looked very familiar to me and I'm not even in those years anymore. Divorce - Check, Pregnancy - Check, Death - Check, Love - Check, Raging Hormones - Check, it's all here! Mandy Moore does an excellent job as Halley a smart, funny girl with a lot of baggage. She unintentionally falls in love with Macon. Must be there to support her pregnant best friend, her lonely mother and her crazy (pot smoking) grandmother.
How to Deal is a funny and heartfelt movie. Definetly not deserving of the bad reviews, because if any of these reviewers were ever, or can remember being a teenage girl, wasn't the whole thing just an extended drama and comedy act? It was for me!

The Life of David Gale (Full Screen Edition)
The Life of David Gale (Full Screen Edition)
DVD ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by allthebest4less
Price: $10.49
144 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerfully moving drama that will keep you guessing!, January 22, 2004
Anyone who gives this movie less than 4 stars must have watched a different movie than I did. I found this movie to be incredibly powerful. I feel for David Gale from the very beginning when a manipulative student accuses him of rape and gets him fired. He is a death penalty abolitionist (DPA) who feels extremely devoted to his cause. Through a twist of scary coincidences his DPA partner ends up raped and killed in a horrible way, and he ends up the accused. Put on deathrow, he will not talk to anyone in the press about it until 5 days before his execution. Bitsy Bloom is then allowed the priviledged interview and led on a wild race against time to find out what really happened and prevent the execution. If you feel things deeply this movie will make you cry.
WATCH THIS INCREDIBLE MOVIE!

White Oleander (Full Screen)
White Oleander (Full Screen)
DVD ~ Michelle Pfeiffer
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $6.99
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Movie About Relationships and Emotions., January 20, 2004
This review is from: White Oleander (Full Screen) (DVD)
This was one incredible movie. Shown from the eyes of Astrid, it takes you on a journey of heartache and lessons. Alison Lohman does a great job acting the part of the lonely lost teenage girl. She starts the journey with her mother, comfortably dangerous Ingrid (Michelle Pfeiffer) in a comfortable home in LA. This is all upset when Ingrid poisons her boyfriend and ends up in jail. Astrid is then sent through a series of foster homes where she learns many tough lessons and is stronger after each encounter. Periodically she visits her mother in prison and grows more and more distant from her as Ingrid tries to keep control over Astrid. Pfeiffer plays Neurotic incredibly well.
Zellweger I believe does one of the best acting jobs in the whole movie as a Co-Dependent, bad acting, foster mother. This movie will take you through a rollercoaster of emotions. It deserves to be seen by everyone.
Great, powerful, dramatic movie!!

Picture Perfect
Picture Perfect
DVD ~ Jennifer Aniston
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $9.98
57 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite picture perfect, but cute none the less..., January 20, 2004
This review is from: Picture Perfect (DVD)
Jennifer Aniston stars in this romantic comedy and does a great job at her performance. I enjoyed her acting and the acting of Jay Mohr and Kevin Bacon, but the story line could have been better. It didn't really pull on my heartstrings like a lot of other romantic comedys out there. I would compare it to that teacher you had in Junior High, you know the one that taught health (a realitively unexciting class) who was a good teacher, but years down the line you can't quite remember her name. Well this is that movie...you love Jennifer Aniston, but years down the line you won't be able to remember if you've ever seen this movie, or you will remember seeing it, but not remember the plot.
As it is, a good movie for what it's worth. Light and doesn't require a lot of thinking. I wouldn't suggest buying it, but renting might not be a bad idea.

Los Lonely Boys
Los Lonely Boys
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $3.99
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars How Far is Heaven? Well I'd say Los Lonely Boys are close!, January 18, 2004
This review is from: Los Lonely Boys (Audio CD)
This CD is just incredible. It's a good thing that I work in a music store and get exposed to stuff I would not normally pick out, because I would have never heard these guys! I was listening to this voice singing "More than Love" which is just gorgeous. Anyway, the whole CD took me completely by surprise. I really like it! All my coworkers spent a lot of time laughing at me trying to sing "Senorita", since I don't speak a Lick of Spanish.
Excellent Vocals, Excellent Latin Beat, Great bluesy feel, and Great Guitar work!
Get it and see for yourself!

Coverage
Coverage
Offered by Mercury Media Partners
Price: $6.88
144 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked when I discovered I was listening to Mandy Moore!, January 18, 2004
This review is from: Coverage (Audio CD)
I work in a music, book and video store and every month they play 5 new albums over the loud speaker. I heard this beautiful voice singing "Moon Shadow" and then later "Anticipation", which are two of my favorite older songs. I remember thinking "I don't recognize that voice, I wonder who it is?" I approached the music manager and asked him. "Oh, that's Mandy Moore's new CD," he replied. WOW, I am impressed! She has matured sooo much and her voice is just pure and gorgeous.
This entire CD is great! I have a personal favorite though. I just LOVE "Senses Working Overtime"....you'll catch yourself singing "And I've got 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 senses working overtime..."
Mother and Daughter alike will love this album! So buy it and share a copy today, or hey? Why not get two!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6