Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
Profile for D. Matheny > Reviews

Browse

D. Matheny's Profile

Customer Reviews: 636
Top Reviewer Ranking: 79

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Matheny RSS Feed (Austin, TX)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PowerStroke PS901200D Gas-Powered Portable Generator, 1100-watt
PowerStroke PS901200D Gas-Powered Portable Generator, 1100-watt
Price: $259.00
4 used & new from $220.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little generator, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the 1100 watt version of this generator; and, honestly, it's pretty impressive for what it is.

We have several larger generators, and even a smaller Yamaha EF2400iSHC generator - and this holds its own fairly well considering the output and price. The Yamaha is both quieter and more powerful; but, it's also several times more expensive.

If you're looking for an inexpensive generator to run small appliances - then this is a great choice. If you're hoping to start/run anything bigger (like a freezer or refrigerator), then I would highly recommend going with a higher output model.

Nature's Truth Aromatherapy 100% Pure Essential Oil, Lavender, 0.51 Fluid Ounce
Nature's Truth Aromatherapy 100% Pure Essential Oil, Lavender, 0.51 Fluid Ounce
Offered by NaturalAromatherapy
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should, August 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've used essential oils for quite a while, but hadn't had any experience with this brand.

After using this bottle for a couple of weeks, I can say it definitely smells like it should and seems to work just as well in a defuser.

I would definitely recommend giving this a try.

Raynic Orchid I Wireless Phone Charger Qi Charging Pad Charger for LG G2 G3,Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge,Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z3V, Nexus 5/7(2013) /4,Nokia Lumia 1020/ 920/928, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rzound,Blackberry Z30,Pentax WG-III camera, Samsung, Google, LG, HTC and Other Qi Enabled Phones/Tablets (Black)
Offered by Raynic Electornics
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $11.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, Unreliable charging, July 18, 2015
I, unfortunately, had several issues with this Qi charger and my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

When I first plugged it in, it did not work at all. I made sure I was using the recommended 5Vdc, 1A adaptor, but still no luck. It would turn on for one or two seconds then turn off. After looking closer, the cable they shipped with the charger was damaged. I tried a new cable and now the charger stays on most of the time.

It is, however, very picky about where the phone is placed on the charger. I have tried both with and without a case. Several times, I have placed the phone on the charger and it will say “charging wirelessly,” but after some time (anywhere from 1 to 90 minutes), it will just stop charging.

The phone will be in the same place. But, for whatever reason, it stops charging. It is usable, if you can keep an eye on the phone to be sure it continues charging.

If you want something to charge while you are away or sleeping, I would recommend a different, more reliable, Qi charger.

LG Electronics TONE INFINIM HBS-900 Bluetooth Headphones - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $103.00
25 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, and sounds great!, July 12, 2015
I have tried at least a dozen different types of Bluetooth headphones, and I have to say that these are absolutely fantastic!

At this point, I have a couple of pairs of them and here are some observations I've made over the last month:

1) The sound quality is excellent!

2) The pull-out cord definitely feels thin - but it seems to be holding up just fine after having them for a couple of months. I suspect they will last a long time - but I'll definitely update this review if that turns out not to be the case.

3) As far as ease of use goes, when I put them on I simply pull out both earphones until they stop and then put them in my ear. The buttons are well placed and it's easy to remember where the controls are. These are probably the most intuitive set of wireless ear buds I've used.

4) These are also excellent for phone calls! In that case, I only use one ear bud instead of both of them.

5) The first pair that I picked up sounded great and was comfortable; but, for some reason it pulls on my left ear every once in a while. At that point, I simply reposition it on my neck and it's comfortable again. Interestingly enough the second pair doesn't have that issue at all.

If you're looking for a comfortable set of Bluetooth ear buds that sound great, then I would definitely recommend these!

UNU Ultrapak Tour 10000mAH Portable Charger (Black) - 2 USB Port External Battery Pack 8X Fast Charging Power Bank for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, 5S 4S, Samsung Galaxy S6, S5 and other Android Phone
Price: $99.99
8 used & new from $85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good battery pack with a proprietary cable, June 21, 2015
My favorite portable battery pack is the UNU Superpak 10000mAh Portable Charger. It's compact and works great; so, I was excited to try out this faster charging version of the same product.

Although this is definitely an upgrade, I actually prefer the other version for several reasons; but, first let me go into what I like about this model:

1) The LED display on the side is useful and it's easy to tell what the charger is doing and how much juice it has left.

2) It definitely refills it's charge extremely quickly. If you have the need to quickly top off your battery pack frequently, then you're going to love this product!

3) It also charges my Galaxy S6 very quickly.

Having said all that, I typically use a battery pack when travelling to keep my Galaxy S6, Bluetooth headphones, and other little gadgets running for 2-3 days. Hotels typically have poor placement of electrical outlets, so I can charge my devices wherever I want and then leave the battery pack plugged in when I'm out during the day.

These chargers are also excellent for spending all day at the airport!

If you're using the battery pack like me, then you'll probably find the smaller version I mentioned previously will fit your needs better for a couple of reasons:

1) The biggest problem is that this battery pack uses a proprietary cable. That's fine if you're just charging it at home; but, if you're on the road it just means you have one more thing to pack - and it's pretty big.

2) The charger itself is about 50% larger than the other Unu battery pack that I use - but the charging capacity is the same. Once again, that's a problem if you're looking for something compact to travel with.

At the end of the day, if you're primary requirement is to be able to quickly refill the battery pack and head out again, then this is the product for you! If, on the other hand, you're using this as a handy battery pack when travelling, I think Unu's smaller battery pack is a much better fit.

[3 Charging Coils]CHOETECH Stadium Qi Wireless Charger Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad for Note 5/S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge Plus and Other QI Enable Device
Offered by CHOETECH-Official
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely high quality Qi charging pad!, June 21, 2015
I got hooked on Qi charging about a year ago and have tried quite a few different charging pads since that time.

Having said that, I think this ChoeTech charging pad is probably the absolute best of the bunch!

Here are the things I like about it:

1) It's extremely easy to position my Galaxy S6 on this charging pad. It doesn't seem to have that tiny 'sweet spot' like a lot of other pads do.

2) It charges quickly.

3) It looks great on my desk at work - not like a cheap piece of plastic like many of the other chargers.

4) It has a quality 'weighty' feel and doesn't slide around.

If you're thinking about using it on a night stand, you should be aware that there is a fairly bright blue light that comes on when charging. I know things like that drive me crazy and I'd probably try taking it apart to disable the LED; but, on my desk it isn't an issue at all.

I do use a dual Qi charger on my nightstand - but I like this charging pad so much that I'd replace it if Choe came out with a dual charging unit!

Intcrown S520 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Noise Cancelling Mini Lightweight Stereo (Sports/running & Gym/exercise) Bluetooth Earbuds Headsets Earphones W/microphone for iPhone 6,6 Plus, 5 5s 4 , for iPad 2 3 4 New iPad, for Android, for Samsung Galaxy, for Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (Green)
Offered by Intcrown
4 used & new from $22.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Too large with a low quality sound, June 21, 2015
Out of the box these headphones look great. They are stylish and the green cord really pops. That being said, if you like the subdued look, these are definitely not the right pair of headphones for you.

Setup is very simple and the headphones paired with my device very easily. There was no choppiness to the process as I have seen with other Bluetooth devices. The only clunky aspect of setup was getting the volume situation under control between the two devices. That is probably one of the weaker points of these headphones as volume control on device (in ear) is not the most refined. However, I do have to commend the product for keeping the design very streamlined, which is typified by the controls integration into the earpiece. When adjusting during use, however, it is easy to hit the controls unintentionally, but this can be avoided. Overall the fit of them is not the best, and the largeness of the of the control and the general awkwardness of the shape and weight make them feel quite unnatural in your ears. The flat part of the headphone easily extends a half inch out from the earpiece making is hang in an awkward way that puts pressure on your inner ear.

The set comes with 3 different types of ear pieces (included under the velvet holder). If you struggle to keep Apple earbuds in, you’ll be happy to know they do have a small earpiece that works well with very tiny ear canals, but does tend to get a little uncomfortable after extended use so it’s not extremely small. The set that comes on the headphones is quite large, but is the medium sized set. The large ones are, well, quite large. The good news is there is a fair amount of variation between the sizes, so one set should accommodate a very wide range of ear types. I do have to say, these silicon ear bud tips are not the most comfortable I’ve ever had in, and their shape seems to lend itself to an awkward fit when paired with the overall chunkiness of the headphone’s earpiece.

Now for the most important consideration; sound. It is quite simple, one of the worst sounding headphones I’ve ever listened to. I have a pair of ten-dollar Phillips ear buds that have a more convincing bass than these headphones do. The overall sound is very shrill, and the mids are out of proportion with the highs and lows. The sound quality is definitely not there, and is the most sub-par aspect of these headphones. I definitely would not recommend these for an audiophile experience as they completely distort the music experience. Also, they do very little to keep outside noise sources out. Even at a modest volume I could very easily distinguish my typing over the sound of the music, which implies to me the sound and fit is probably not the most spot-on.

I would not recommend these headphones as there are much better options available on the market.

UPDATE:
After a day’s use straight, I ran into a weird quirk with this Bluetooth device. Sound did not completely drop out, but it did begin to cut in and out very badly and inexplicably. I was able to correct this by re-pairing the device to the system, but this was a step that needed to be repeated a few times. Also, repairing must be done after recharging. This is definitely a rather frustrating practice, as every other Bluetooth device I have picks up just fine, even after charging without resynchronization.

Wireless Speaker by CoolStream Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Rechargeable Battery for Laptop, iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy.
Offered by CoolStream
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, June 21, 2015
I love this speaker! The sound quality is good, it's portable, it's simple to operate, and it looks great.

My favorite thing about it is that it has a built in microphone that supports speaker phone function making it so you can answer your phone while you are using it. I love this feature! Of course you can connect to it through Bluetooth or It has the option to use a memory card, a USB Flash Drive, or you can play music from an external drive using the included connector cable. So, you can also attach your ipod, etc.

It comes with clear instructions making setup/operation very easy.

It is portable, and a great size for your desk at work, kitchen counter, dresser, etc. but it's not as small as some of the other speakers that we've had. It's approximately 7.5" x 4" x 3" (w x h x d). It works great on a desk, but you probably won't want to carry it around.

The only thing that I really don't like about it is that the volume control on the speaker does not let you turn it up very loud; although, you can adjust the volume through your phone, ipod, etc as loud as you want. I think this is a little irritating but not a big deal. The sound quality is good, even at high volumes.

Overall, I'd give this speaker 4.5 stars. It's a great little speaker!

Crescent CSWS6 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 11-Piece
Crescent CSWS6 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 11-Piece
Price: $26.51
8 used & new from $16.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Good portable socket set, June 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're looking for a good set of portable socket wrenches, then this is a great option.

It's good enough quality that you won't have to worry about pieces breaking if you're away from your 'real' tools - with a solid ratchet handle.

I will warn you not to throw away the included foam - or the sockets will rattle around like crazy. :)

Overall, I would highly recommend this as either a starter kit or something to keep handy in a vehicle.

Linksys WRT 8-Port Gigabit Switch, Works with Linksys WRT1900AC Wi-Fi Router (SE4008-FFP)
Price: $51.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good performance and easy mounting, June 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this switch for a couple of months to run our entertainment system - which requires 6 of the 8 ports on this switch.

The best thing about it is how easy it is to mount to a wall in any orientation using the 4-way slots on all 4 feet. I've wall-mounted a lot of equipment over the years, and this is the most flexible device I've ever found in that regard.

As far as performance goes, this is working perfectly for streaming music and videos - I know that doesn't really stress it; but, it does handle a typical network load with no issues.

The only downside to this switch is the size. It's actually pretty large for what it is; but, I can live with that.

Overall, if you're looking to mount this switch, or stack it with other Linksys equipment, then I would highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20