Profile for D. Matheny > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Matheny RSS Feed (Austin, TX)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DinoTwin T2 Premium Sport Ear Bluetooth Earbuds, Sweat Resistant, Inline Remote Control (Hydro Edition) Liquipel Moisture Protection Technology Certified ~ Lifetime Guarantee Against Sweat ~
Offered by Pioneer Distribution
Price: $159.95
3 used & new from $98.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable - Sound is Mediocre, January 29, 2015
Over the last couple of months, I've tried several styles and brands of Bluetooth earbuds.

It's interesting that the more comfortable they are, the worse they sound - and these are the extreme end of that scale.

These DynoTwin T2 earbuds are the most comfortable of the batch - and I can wear them all day long with no issues. They also don't pull on the ear like some of the other models I tried.

Not only are the ear buds comfortable; but, the wire is the perfect flexibility - which helps out even more with overall comfort. The cable is the perfect length to not get in the way as I'm moving around.

The battery life is also very good.

Having said that, the sound quality is not that great at all. They crackle periodically and just don't sound very impressive for the price.

Overall, for many people (including myself), the comfort will win out over sound quality in this type of product. I find myself wearing these all the time - and I'm not looking back (even though the around-the-neck style actually sounds better in my opinion.

Nike Dri-Fit Low Cut Socks 3 Pair - Men's (XL - Shoe Size: 12-15, White)
Nike Dri-Fit Low Cut Socks 3 Pair - Men's (XL - Shoe Size: 12-15, White)
Offered by BAKK Enterprise
Price: $23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable for big feet, January 29, 2015
I wear a size 15 shoe and have always just worn the cheapest socks I could find.

Getting my first pair of these Nike socks was actually a lucky accident.

These opened my eyes to socks that fit right! They're extremely comfortable, and they last significantly longer because they aren't stretched so tight.

If you're looking for socks that are comfortable and fit right - these socks are money well spent!

Watch Cap (Black)
Watch Cap (Black)
Price: $6.96
15 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and warm, January 26, 2015
This review is from: Fleece Watch Cap (Sports)
I keep one of these in both my vehicles as well as in my range bag.

Living in TX, it's easy to forget to dress warm in the winter; but, it does get cold here too - and having this cap makes a huge difference when I didn't dress warm enough.

This cap is comfortable, packs up small so it's always available, and keeps my head warm when I'm dumb enough to be out at the range in sub-freezing weather with shorts and a jacket. :)

[Apple MFI Certified] dodocool® Lightning Car Charger 8-Pin 3.10 Feet USB Sync & Charge Data Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5 / 5S / 5C, iPad Air 2 (iPad 6) / iPad Air (5) / iPad Mini 3 / Mini 2 / Ipod (Golden)
Offered by TOMTOP-US
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy charger, January 26, 2015
If you're looking for a handy Lightning car charger - then look no further.

This has a permanently-attached lightning cable that delivers 2.4A for charging your iPhone. On top of that, it also has an additional 1A USB port for charging just about anything else.

If you primarily charge non-Apple devices, or plan to pull the charger in and out of your car, I'd probably look elsewhere because this design doesn't lend itself very well to that use.

If, on the other hand, you primarily want to keep your iPhone topped off and also want the additional flexibility of a periodic USB charger - then this works great!

Large ECOdept Microfiber Travel Towel for Backpacking, Camping, Beach, Gym, Swimming, all Sports ~ FREE Hand Towel ~ Fast Drying Super Absorbent ~ Antibacterial to Stay Fresh ~ Soft and Lightweight ~ GIFT BOX
Offered by ECOdept
Price: $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for car!, January 26, 2015
I always keep a towel in the car, for every-day use - and this microfiber towel is perfect!

It's soft, dries quickly, and is excellent for keeping just having on hand.

If you're looking for a handy 'do-everything' towel to keep in your vehicle or in a pack, I would definitely give this a try.

Camry Digital Luggage Scale 110lbs / 50kgs Large and Blue Backlight LCD Display
Camry Digital Luggage Scale 110lbs / 50kgs Large and Blue Backlight LCD Display
Offered by Camry Scale Store
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget to pack it!, January 26, 2015
I have to say this little device has changed our experience at the airport!

My wife is a heavy packer, so we always end up shuffling stuff between suitcases when we're checking bags. I've tried using a standard scale while holding a bag; but, that is a hassle - especially compared to this luggage scale.

This luggage scale is extremely easy to use, and seems to be accurate compared to the scales at the airport.

The first time we used it, we got our bags to the correct weight and it didn't even occur to me to pack the luggage scale itself for the return trip. After that, I learned my lesson - and this definitely goes into our bags on every trip.

If you're looking for an inexpensive and easy to use way to verify the weight of your bags for traveling - I would definitely pick this up!

Columbia Men's Redmond Trail Running Shoe
Columbia Men's Redmond Trail Running Shoe
Price: $52.50 - $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Every-Day Shoe for Big Feet, January 26, 2015
I've had a horrible time finding good every-day shoes; but, I think my search may finally be at an end!

I wear a size 15 shoe, and used to rely on New Balance. Unfortunately, their shoes seemed to have gone downhill - and I haven't been able to find anything that is both comfortable and will hold up to every-day usage.

Once I gave up on the New Balance shoes, I tried out the Keen shoes. Although I love their sandals, the shoes didn't work as well. They're comfortable at first, but I went through 2 pairs in 6 months - which is more than I like to buy new shoes. :)

Fortunately, I finally discovered these!

Based on my Fitbit, I average about 15K steps per day, and these are holding up very well so far. They fit perfectly - and they seem to be one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I've owned.

If you're looking for a great pair of every-day shoes (especially if you have big feet), I would highly recommend giving these a try!

Cable Matters 10-Pack, Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable in Black 1 Foot
Cable Matters 10-Pack, Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable in Black 1 Foot
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for hooking up a switch!, January 26, 2015
We use a couple of 1Gb Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) switches on a small rack for our office - and these cables are perfect for connecting patch panels to the switches.

These are high quality, work perfectly with both POE and non-POE connections, easy to connect, and are inexpensive.

If you're looking for short patch cables to keep your network looking clean - then these are the way to go!

AR Blue Clean AR383SS 1900 PSI Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
AR Blue Clean AR383SS 1900 PSI Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer
Price: $193.50
3 used & new from $189.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Power Washer!, January 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a covered patio - which is great; but, it requires periodic power washing to keep it clean.

This Blue Clean AR383SS model is a pretty big step up over what I was using previously!

Putting the unit together is extremely easy - and took a total of about 15 minutes. Once it was put together, I headed outside to give it a try, and was immediately impressed.

[*** Function ***]

The water pressure is very good - plenty for cleaning a concrete patio. On top of that, these electric units are quiet and very simple to operate.

[*** Accessory Storage ***]

I love how easily this packs up for storage! I only use a pressure washer a couple times a year - so it's important to be able to keep everything stored up in a neat way.

The hose reel is great; but, keep in mind that it is for storage only. In other words, you need to completely unwind the hose before hooking it up for use.

On top of that, there is a convenient little holder for all the extra nozzles.

The only thing that doesn't seem to have a place is the little nozzle cleaner - but it's the type of thing that can hook just about anywhere and is easily replaceable with a paper clip.

[*** Conclusion ***]

If you're looking for a great little pressure washer that is both compact and functional, I would definitely give this Blue Clean model a try!

Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running & Gym/exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets W/microphone for Iphone 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices(Black/Green)
Offered by SoundPEATS Audio
Price: $35.99
2 used & new from $29.45

4.0 out of 5 stars I tried to like these, January 26, 2015
I've been using these Bluetooth headphones for a few weeks now, and they just haven't worked out for me. That's unfortunate, because they actually are pretty nice.

Before going into the issues, here are the things I like:

1) These headphones sound pretty good for what they are. Don't expect them to match any high-end earbuds or headphones; but, they are at least as good as any similar product I've tried.

2) The battery life is excellent. I can easily get through a day with a single charge.

3) They connect quickly and easily via Bluetooth.

Because of those reasons, I'm giving this 4 stars - even though it didn't work for me. Here are the issues I had:

1) They just don't fit very well. I tried everything and couldn't get the ear buds to fit comfortably in my ear. On top of that, the ear portion is pretty big - so it tends to try to pull itself out.

2) The neck cord is pretty stiff, and it doesn't sit comfortably. This compounds the issue with the earbuds not fitting correctly.

If it weren't for the other positive reviews, I would probably be a lot more negative. Those reviews leave me to believe that other users aren't having the same fit/comfort issues - so I'm giving it 4 stars.

As reference, I've tried the Soundpeats HV-800 and the DynoTwin T2 - and both have fit perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20