Profile for GaryG7 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

GaryG7 "GaryG7" RSS Feed (Metro New York City)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sennheiser MM30i Headphones
Sennheiser MM30i Headphones
Offered by 6ave
Price: $52.32
14 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever used, June 25, 2016
My favorite set of headphones. I use them a couple hours every work day. I commute by bus into NYC and like to tune out everybody else and their music. These are very comfortable and stay in place every when I'm walking quickly. (I don't like to use headphones while in the gym, so I can't address their usability there.)

The sound is very good. The ear buds block enough sound to isolate you, but if a car honks, you will hear it (thankfully).

The cords can get tangled, but I use a small binder clip to hold the wires together after coiling them and that prevents tangles. The rubber or silicone ear pieces can fall off. If I was more industrious, I would keep them in a small zip lock bag or something similar.

I've tried Klipsch, but they didn't fit right. Bluetooth earphones don't have a good volume level, plus who really wants to have another item to recharge constantly? For the money, these are the best overall choice in my opinion.

The biggest problem I have with them is finding them. They are not always in stock on Amazon or at B&H.

Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggle, Smoke, Diopter -4.5
Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggle, Smoke, Diopter -4.5
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $17.12

4.0 out of 5 stars I can see!!!!, September 9, 2015
I'm very nearsighted. If I put down my glasses and walk away, I can't find them. For that reason, I never liked swimming. I can't see where I'm going. These fit perfectly and I could see nearly as well through them as my regular prescription glasses. I haven't worn them very long so it will be a while before I can judge their comfort. So far for 5-10 minutes at a time, they are comfortable.

Amazon.com Store Card
Amazon.com Store Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the hassle, April 29, 2015
I had an account. Without any warning, the account was closed. When I tried to use it I got a message saying that my payment was declined. Finally, I was able to find out that my account had been closed. I sent a message to Customer Service asking why was the account closed without any warning. The response was that the account was closed due to lack of activity and that the account could not be reopened. In closing the rep said they valued me as a customer. Huh?! They cut me off as a customer and wouldn't even take a baby step toward regaining my business.

Follow up: I asked how they could claim they valued me as a customer when they closed my account. The only response was:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your amazon.com account, and the opportunity to be of service to you. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience the previous response may have caused you. If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center."

That's not an answer!

Icon Q - Boundless E1 Bluetooth v4.0 NFC Earphones with Microphone - IPX3 Water Resistant - Silver - QBE710

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, April 5, 2015
The good: Low price, comfortable, good communication with iPhone.
The bad: low volume, difficult to use buttons by feel, poor sound isolation, practically no bass.

The sound is tinny because the low end is non-existent. Even with the volume all the way up, outside sounds are intrusive. My corded earbuds used for comparison are Sennheiser MM30i http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HD4L2E/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER The Sennheiser buds are louder and the control is much easier to use without looking.

Overall, I'll keep using them until they break but won't get another set.

Norpro Stainless Steel Apple Corer with Plunger
Norpro Stainless Steel Apple Corer with Plunger
Offered by Kitchen Outfitters Inc.
Price: $9.80
16 used & new from $4.56

4.0 out of 5 stars It works well. My only complaint is that it ..., March 2, 2015
It works well. My only complaint is that it is a bit difficult to clean if you don't have a dishwasher. I do, but want to point this out to those who don't.

Razer Naga 2014 Ergonomic MMO Gaming Mouse - Black (RZ01-01040100-R3U1)
Razer Naga 2014 Ergonomic MMO Gaming Mouse - Black (RZ01-01040100-R3U1)
Offered by Next Generation Tech
Price: $61.95
58 used & new from $42.19

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this as a gift for my nephew. ..., March 2, 2015
I bought this as a gift for my nephew. barely two months after he got it, the mouse died. Based on the other reviews, it's a common problem.

When my nephew called customer support, they demanded a lot of information even after he told them it was a gift. I'm waiting for them to request my shoe size and a blood sample to prove I bought the mouse.

NoCry Cut Resistant Gloves - High Performance Level 5 Protection, Food Grade. Size Small, Free Ebook Included!
Offered by No Cry
Price: $11.69
2 used & new from $11.60

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm on blood thinning medication so if I get a ..., February 3, 2015
I'm on blood thinning medication so if I get a small cut, I bleed profusely. These gloves allow me to chop fresh vegetables and fruits with a lot less danger to my fingers.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Graphite
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Graphite
Price: $16.95
207 used & new from $6.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a lot of batteries!, September 23, 2014
When the battery started to die, I wondered how long I had owned this mouse. I looked up on Amazon and found that I've had the mouse for only six months, but have now run through two batteries. The promise of a 10-month battery life must only apply if you don't use the mouse.

Tuxedo T-shirt hillarious funny gag T-shirt, Large (Black & White)
Tuxedo T-shirt hillarious funny gag T-shirt, Large (Black & White)
Offered by YM Wear USA
Price: $11.69

3.0 out of 5 stars It shrinks!, September 16, 2014
I bought this as a joke. A wedding invitation said that "t-shirt, shorts, & flip-flops" was the preferred attire. I usually wash a shirt before wearing it, but in this case I didn't have time. That was a lucky move. The shirt has shrunk each of the two times I washed it. I know it's not a case of me getting larger because I've lost weight.

I'm rating this with 3 stars mostly because my expectations weren't high.

Olukai Ohana Leather Mens Flip Flops Deep Sea/Black - 9
Olukai Ohana Leather Mens Flip Flops Deep Sea/Black - 9

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid unless you're a masochist., July 7, 2014
I bought these in time for a long weekend at the beach. After wearing for a couple days, I noticed blood on my left foot. I cleaned my foot then inspected the left flip flop. There was dried blood on along the edges of the binding. That's $85 down the drain. Back to Reef Fanning for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5