Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Southern Belle > Reviews

Browse

Southern Belle's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Southern Belle RSS Feed (AL)

Page: 1 | 2
The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
by Chip Ingram
Price: $9.73
107 used & new from $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced, November 18, 2010
This is a very balanced look at a difficult and often ignored subject in a Christian's life. We tend to forget that we have a very real enemy who hates us and wants to destroy us physically, emotionally and spiritually and render us completely ineffective. Chip Ingram does not deviate from scripture one iota. He not only writes about what to do, but how to do it by using our God-given weapons. I'm buying additional copies to give as gifts - that's how impressed I am by this book and his handling of the issues. He doesn't see a demon behind every bush, but helps us to realize that there really is a war going on in the heavenlies that we're involved in on earth. Great book. Great author. Very balanced.

Patchouli By Molinard For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 Oz.
Patchouli By Molinard For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 Oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, September 13, 2010
Love this product. It's a scent that gets better the longer you wear it. Even my husband, who doesn't like perfume or cologne, likes this when I wear it. Like all patchouli, you can overdo it, so start with a little and work up to the perfect amount for you so that you only get an occasional whiff and everyone else is complementing you on how good you smell.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2011 10:19 AM PDT

Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator
Price: $32.95
112 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Pot!, March 2, 2010
I originally purchased the 12 cup version of this percolator and liked it so well that I bought the 6 cup to take to work. It makes a wonderful cup of coffee - hot, smooth, and the perfect strength. Yes, there can be sediment - sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't - but it's not a deal breaker to me. I've learned that if I let it sit for a few minutes when it's finished perking before I pour my first cup that if there is sediment, it will sink to the bottom. Then, if I don't completely drain every drop from the pot, there isn't any in my cup.

Because I already had flat bottom 4-cup paper filters for my drip maker, I used these instead of purchasing the more expensive percolator filters. Simply poke a hole in it for the stem and the damp paper will wrap around the stem and seal the hole. This has worked wonders for grounds and sediment.

There is nothing like the happy sound of coffee perking and that delicious aroma every morning.

I highly recommend this coffee pot and would purchase it again. Actually, I guess I already have. ;o)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 9:18 AM PDT

Presto 02811 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
Presto 02811 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
Offered by Pro Ebiz
Price: $44.00
182 used & new from $17.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pot!, January 29, 2010
Wonderful coffee pot. There's nothing like the smell of coffee brewing and that happy perking sound to bring back pleasant childhood memories. The coffee is nice and hot (none of that lukewarm stuff), so even adding cream doesn't make it too cool. Sturdy and well made - nothing plastic to break or warp. Great pot.

Planters Mixed Nuts, Unsalted, 11.5-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Planters Mixed Nuts, Unsalted, 11.5-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 17, 2009
I must agree with another reviewer that there certainly SEEMS to be more than 50% peanuts in the mix. The nuts are fresh and the unsalted taste is great, but I wish there was a mix that left out the peanuts entirely. Just too many peanuts for my taste and the price.

Paris By Yves Saint Laurent For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5 Ounces
Paris By Yves Saint Laurent For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5 Ounces
Price: $50.45
48 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, October 27, 2009
I love perfume and am always trying new ones. However, Paris is the one I always come back to and the one I always receive the most compliments on when I wear it. It's not too heavy and you can definitely wear it all year long, but I do like it best for cooler months and evenings. Paris is one of those perfumes that actually gets better and better as the day goes on. It can easily become your 'signature' fragrance.

I'll Say Yes
I'll Say Yes
Offered by adventureinodyssey
Price: $14.95
10 used & new from $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best!, June 8, 2009
This review is from: I'll Say Yes (Audio CD)
"I'll Say Yes" is the best Brooklyn Tabernacle CD of all. Every song makes you want to worship and if "I Adore You" doesn't bring you to your knees, then something is wrong. Love, love, love this CD.

Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover
Price: $144.99
103 used & new from $114.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Tension Problem Stories Are True!, May 22, 2009
There are many things to love about the CS6000i. My favorite thing is probably the setting that allows the needle to stay in the fabric when you quit sewing. The drop in bobbin is great and it's extremely quiet and smooth.

With the 4+ star rating for this machine, I chose to believe that the tension problems mentioned in some of the reviews were not common and just a fluke in a machine every now and then. However, my machine sewed wonderfully the first day, but day two was a different story - it was like a gremlin had come in during the night and swapped machines. No matter how I adjusted the tension, the threads were laying on top of the fabric and not forming proper loops. The seams were puckering (I was sewing on same fabric as day one) and the stitches were uneven, loose and not secure.

I'm returning the machine before my 30 day guarantee is over. It has everything you could want in a sewing machine, but the quality just isn't there like in my older model Brother.

The Phoenix of the Opera
The Phoenix of the Opera
by Sadie Montgomery
Price: $15.95
39 used & new from $2.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuation of the Movie, March 18, 2009
Having loved the "Phantom of the Opera" movie and on stage and seeing both multiple times, I'm a bonafide Phantom fan. I've read other Phantom fiction, but I think this is the best of them all. It's like Sadie's writing style is a continuation of the movie. The characters are still who they were when we last saw them on screen, and we are seeing them as they grow and deal with the decisions they have made. They have made choices, but the feelings (both good and bad)are just as strong.

I liked Meg in the movie and wanted more of a storyline for her, and this satisfies that desire. Although she loves Erik and he cares for her, his all consuming passion is still Christine. That's how I believe it should be at this point in their story since a love as great as his for her will never completely die.

Ms. Montgomery's "run-on" style when a character is dreaming or thinking did take some getting used to in the beginning, but then you realize that's exactly how our minds operate (or at least mine does, but that may be a personal problem. :o).

I bought all four books in the series and still have three more to read, but this one is a definite keeper. I'm glad I bought them all.

SweetLeaf All Natural Zero Calories SteviaPlus, 100 Packets, 3.5 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, February 20, 2009
I originally bought this product in a health food store after reading about its benefits in books and hearing about it from a doctor. Although there were several brands of stevia (and all priced about the same), the lady in the store said Sweet Leaf was the purest. I paid $12.95 plus tax for a box of 100. Amazon's price is great already @ $18.09 for 200 with free shipping, but if you sign up for the Subscribe & Save, then the price drops to $15.38 for 200 and you REALLY can't beat that! Wished I'd noticed the Subscribe & Save before I placed my order with Amazon.

I've used it on cereal and in hot tea. Usually I use 3 packs of Splenda in my cereal, but only used two of the Sweet Leaf for the same sweetness. I've read/heard some people say stevia has a bitter or licorice taste, but I noticed neither with this product. Also very good for diabetics and has a much lower glycemic index ranking than any of the artificial sweetners and it's a natural product. How good is that?!

So in a word - Great product! (Okay, two words). I'll buy again and again.

Page: 1 | 2