Profile for Cathe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 603

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cathe RSS Feed (curled up with a book)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Garden Soil, 1 Cubic Foot
Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Garden Soil, 1 Cubic Foot
Price: $5.49
2 used & new from $5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well, September 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used this soil to plant some drought tolerant shrubs in my yard. I dug the holes in my yard and mixed the Miracle-Gro with my sandy soil and planted the little plants. They are actually noticeably bigger after a week. I'm still waiting to see if they actually will require less water but so far I am happy with this soil.

Closed Doors
Closed Doors
by Lisa O'Donnell
Price: $19.88
108 used & new from $0.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, September 15, 2014
This review is from: Closed Doors (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked up this book rather late on a Sunday night, just looking for something to read for a few minutes before bed. Well, I have to say I chose the wrong book. I stayed up half the night because I was pulled into the story so quickly and was unable to put the book down. The voice of 11-year-old Michael was perfect and the way he innocently describes the horrible thing that happened to his mother and how it affected his family was just riveting. I liked this book even better than The Death of Bees and hope to read a lot more by this author.

Rachael Ray Tic Tac Tote, Black
Rachael Ray Tic Tac Tote, Black
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent lunch bag, September 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This tote is nice looking and seems fairly well made. It is lightly padded and has PVC-free installation. It's not super large, but works well for my daughters to take their lunch to school in or for me to take to work. With an ice pack, food stays cool for about 5 or 6 hours. It's a little narrow so wide items need to go on their sides, which will be a problem with things that leak. There's nothing terribly special about this bag but it works as well as any other lunch tote we've tried.

I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You: A Novel
I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You: A Novel
by Courtney Maum
Price: $16.43
83 used & new from $8.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Original twist on a cheating husband story, September 3, 2014
Artist Richard Haddon so obviously mourns the loss of his lover who broke up with him that his wife threatens to leave him if he doesn't get over it. But when she finds out the extent of the affair, she does leave him and Richard--too late--discovers that it is his wife whom he wants and loves. Desperate to win her back and gain her approval, he tries to do it through his art.

It took me a little bit to get into this book but it really grew on me. I came to care about the characters and I really loved Richard's ingenious idea for his big art installation, which I found an original twist on a cheating husband story. This is a very sweet and enjoyable book, and I hope to read more from this author in the future.

Life Drawing: A Novel
Life Drawing: A Novel
by Robin Black
Price: $15.81
67 used & new from $10.26

3.0 out of 5 stars Kept me guessing, September 3, 2014
This review is from: Life Drawing: A Novel (Hardcover)
Augusta (Gus) and her husband Owen live in a secluded country house where they devote themselves to their art and try to heal there marital relationship which was shaky after Gus had an affair. When a friendly neighbor moves in, a chain of events begins eventually leading to tragedy.

Black is a good writer and I was intrigued to find out what the ominous event would be that the book kept alluding to. I must admit that I had no idea what it would be. That being said, the book was pretty slow. I really didn't care all that much about the characters and not a whole lot happened until the end. Definitely not a page-turner.

Avery Kids Self-Laminating Labels, Assorted, Pack of 48 (41433)
Avery Kids Self-Laminating Labels, Assorted, Pack of 48 (41433)
Price: $12.35

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These labels were much easier to use then I thought they'd be. Each page contains a variety of thick and thin rectangular labels and small round labels in different colors. Each label and laminated strip is attached which makes it really easy and neat. You just write on the label and then peel the backing off of the laminated sticker and adhere over the printed side of the label. Then you can take the laminated sticker and place it where you want it. My daughter labeled all of her different plastic folders for her classes and it's nice that the writing doesn't smudge or wear off in her backpack--or get ruined from leaky water bottles. So far, we're finding these useful.

The Good Girl (English Edition)
The Good Girl (English Edition)
by Mary Kubica
Price: $14.97
68 used & new from $11.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, August 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mia is lured from a bar by a man who is supposed to deliver her to a kidnapper, but when he has second thoughts about handing her over, he holds her hostage in a remote cabin. The book alternates between various points of view before, during, and after the kidnapping so the reader is given bits and pieces of the puzzle all the way through. The writing was good and though the book got a bit repetitive in the middle, the ending offered some very satisfying twists. Recommended.

Belkin Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad 4th Gen and iPad mini, 4 Feet (White)
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Longer cord is great, August 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This charger charges my kids' iPods just as well as our genuine apple chargers and seems to be of good quality. What they really like is the longer cord. We are very happy with this product.

Big Little Lies
Big Little Lies
by Liane Moriarty
Price: $16.16
85 used & new from $13.34

5.0 out of 5 stars More secrets, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Big Little Lies (Hardcover)
I am happy to say I enjoyed this book as much as The Husband's Secret. The story reminded me a bit of Desperate Housewives--everyone looking one way on the outside but having all kinds of hidden secrets. And Moriary is a master at revealing the secrets bit by tantalizing bit. I love the way the book was written with the countdown to the big Trivia Night and the gossipy quotes from all of the parents were hilarious. This book was so much fun to read--with a serious message in there too. I couldn't stop reading it but now I'm mad that I read it so fast because I don't want to be done with it. Great book!

Take Me With You
Take Me With You
by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Price: $10.99
38 used & new from $8.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Characters that stay with you, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Take Me With You (Paperback)
When high school teacher August Schroeder breaks down on his summer trek to Yellowstone, the mechanic who fixes his camper asks him to take his sons along while he spends the summer in jail. August eventually agrees and he and the boys form a strong bond which helps all of them in the difficult place they are in their lives.

Hyde has a gift of creating heartbreakingly real young adult characters. Seth (12) and Henry (7) will just get into your heart and stay there long after the book is over. I also enjoyed traveling through Zion, Yellowstone and all of these other beautiful places and seeing them through the boys' eyes. This is a wonderfully sweet and enjoyable book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20