Profile for Cathe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 702

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cathe RSS Feed (curled up with a book)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Five Star Student Weekly / Monthly Planner, Blue Stripe Design, 12 Months, August, 2015-July 2016, 5.5 x 8.5 Inch Page Size (73048)
Price: $13.44
2 used & new from $13.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, July 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm so happy with this planner. I got if for my teen daughter to keep track of homework assignments and sports practices and games. The datebook is sturdy and will hold up to being taken in and out of her backpack, and the cool, colorful cover is very fun. Inside the book, you get a monthly view for each month and then weekly pages with plenty of room for writing on each day. She is trilled with this and I think may get one for myself as well.

Avery 5315 White 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 laser note cards, 2 cards/sheet, 60 cards & envelopes/box
Price: $15.99
39 used & new from $13.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, July 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love all of Avery's note cards and use these all the time. I love that I don't have to go out and find overpriced cards that someone else has created. With theres, I can customize these for all of my needs: thank you cards, invitations, birthday cards, you name it! It's so easy to use one of their templates or just design my own. They paper is good quality and sturdy and the cards look very professional. I highly recommend them.

Black & Decker FP6010 Performance Dicing Food Processor
Black & Decker FP6010 Performance Dicing Food Processor
Offered by DealWholesaler
Price: $119.99
13 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Slices, dices and more, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are so many things I love about this food processor that I hardly know where to begin. First off, let me say that I really like food processors and use them from everything to slicing, grating and chopping veggies, to making bread dough and pie crust, to making hummus. I've had a Cuisinart food processor for about 15 years but the cover, which is made from thin brittle plastic, has been chipped away bit by bit, so that I can not get it to click into place and have to jerry rig it to make the machine turn on, so I knew it was time for a replacement.

I am pleased to say that this Black and Decker exceeded my expectations. The canister and cover are made from thick plastic which seems much more durable than my old processor. The slicing blade is adjustable so I just need to turn the knob to get the thickness I desire rather than having to change out blades. The chopping blade works well and there is a dough blade as well. The processor also shreds and I am excited that there is even a special blade to dice! One feature I absolutely love is the case to store all the blades and attachments. Now I can find what I need easily and it's such a nice safe, organized way to store them. I will say this is a very large unit--with the canister and cover it is tall, but happily it just fits under my cabinet so I can can keep it on the counter for easy access. I am very, very pleased with this machine!

After Alice: A Novel
After Alice: A Novel
by Gregory Maguire
Price: $15.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda dull . . ., July 25, 2015
This review is from: After Alice: A Novel (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We know what happened to Alice when she disappeared down the rabbit hole into Wonderland--but what about those she left behind? This story alternates between her friend Ada's search for Alice in Wonderland and Alice's sister Lydia's search in England. Great premise, but unfortunately a disappointingly boring story. I love Maguire's writing and am a fan of most of his other books, but this one was pretty flat.

Milk Baby Miracle Rash and Diaper Cream, Natural Spotty Tots, 1.7 Ounce
Milk Baby Miracle Rash and Diaper Cream, Natural Spotty Tots, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by Club Nutra
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love the product--but not the packaging, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cream is amazing. We don't have a baby in the house but have been using it for bug bites, heat rashes, and itchy dry summer skin. It has a wonderful, natural-non perfumey scent, and absorbs quickly without feeling greasy. I'd love to have a big tube of this to use as a skin lotion. The only thing we don't like is the packaging. It's hard to open without spilling it and the opening is so wide, it's just asking for trouble if you have a baby or young kids near it.

We Never Asked for Wings: A Novel
We Never Asked for Wings: A Novel
by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Price: $12.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Darn!, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Letty's parents have been raising her two children since she had her first child at 18 years old. When they move back to Mexico, she must take over the care of these two children whom she barely knows.

While I enjoy Diffenbaugh's writing and loved Language of Flowers, this book never quite worked for me. The story was too all over the place and touched on so many different things but never seemed to settle down and draw me in. There were too many plot lines left hanging and too many contrived or unresolved situations. It's not a bad book, but I really wanted to love this like her other book.

Phantom Aquatics Legenderry Mask Fin Snorkel Set with Mesh Bag (Adult) (Black Red, L/XL - Size 9 to 13)

1.0 out of 5 stars Snorkel leaked, July 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this set just in time for my Caribbean cruise and was excited to test it out. The mask was excellent--it fit both my small narrow head and my boyfriend's wide, rounder head. The flippers worked well but you really need to wear diving boots with them as we both got blisters on the tops of our feet. The real disappointment was the snorkel, however, it LEAKED. Don't know if it was just a defective one or if there is a problem with the design but we were unable to use it. Very disappointed.

5 lb. Book of ACT Practice Problems
5 lb. Book of ACT Practice Problems
by Manhattan Prep
Price: $13.19
40 used & new from $8.63

4.0 out of 5 stars A confidence builder for teens, July 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After getting past the overwhelming size of this enormous book, my teenage daughter and her friends dug in and found this book to be very helpful. There are tips on test taking, a sample (diagnostic) test, and lots and lots of practice problems. I especially like that the problems are organized by category so she can focus on her weaknesses and not spend a lot of time on the areas she's strong in. This is definitely helping my daughter who's going into her Junior year of high school feel more confident about taking the tests next year. I'm very happy we got it.

The Truth and Other Lies: A Novel
The Truth and Other Lies: A Novel
by Sascha Arango
Price: $17.14
60 used & new from $8.55

4.0 out of 5 stars My kind of book, June 29, 2015
Henry Hayden is a bestselling author. Unfortunately, it's his wife who is writing the books. When his mistress becomes pregnant and wants Henry to get a divorce . . . well that's what the book is all about.

This was just my kind of book. A bit on the dark side but humorous, interesting characters and twists that I just didn't see coming. It would have been a solid five stars if it wasn't for the ending, which just didn't seem to fit the excellence of the rest of the book.

Flirty Aprons Women's Kenzie Apron, Steamy Sunset
Flirty Aprons Women's Kenzie Apron, Steamy Sunset
Price: $21.95
3 used & new from $21.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Colorful!, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a bright, colorful apron and my teenage daughter and I have both been using it. The neck and waist ties make it adjustable though the waist ties are extremely long, even when looped around to the front. The apron is attractive but I'm not so crazy about the white upper panel as stains show up too easily.I didn't notice that the apron needed to be hand washed (which would have been a big negative for me). I washed it with my washer and dryer and it came out just fine (except a chocolate stain on the white part that didn't come out -- I'll try some stain remover next time.) Washing the apron helped the fabric to feel less stiff, but it did come out of the dryer rather wrinkled so if you want it to look really nice, you'd have to iron it--which makes this apron a bit high maintenance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20