Profile for ToastyClear > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ToastyClear RSS Feed

Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition [Online Game Code]
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition [Online Game Code]
Price: Click here to see our price

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but could have done better, November 25, 2012
I am glad criterion took back the NFS franchise as I trully enjoyed the NFS hot pursuit. NFS most wanted is a lot of fun but has its share of issues on the PC. The multimonitor support is excellent and there is no problem with the sun glare. Now, I am wondering why DICE and criterion did not work together. The perfect NFS would be a mix between the graphics fron the RUN (DICE engine), the controls of Hot Pursuit, and for sure the layout of Hot Pursuit. The Most Wanted seems to be a hybrid between burnout paradise and NFS, which is not the best mix. Anyway, graphics are good and engine sounds are great. The rest is a so-so game which does not really know what it is...AM I NFS? or AM I Burnout Paradise.

Need for Speed: The Run - PC
Need for Speed: The Run - PC
Price: $19.99
16 used & new from $5.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Why taking the arcade fun away????, October 31, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
First thing First, the game is absolutely beautifull. The Forstbite engine did really well on this game and in eyefinity, the screen is filled with all kind of eye candies. Now, back to reality and it is not pretty...

This game is probably one of the most frustrating game I plaid in a long time. I love the Hot Pursuit but this one, for some odd reason, they tried to add a "simulation" element into it...seriously, it is an arcade game or a simulation, not something in between, which is exactly what they did with The run.

In Hot pursuit, you could drift forever, this one, apply the handbrake, and the car won't slide properly. The AI is amazing at catching up on you even if you put a major lead. Out of the blue, they come back, pass you, and you lost. So main thing, slam them into the wall (even that, they might recover in a magic way).

Honestly, this could have been a lot of fun, but they screwed up on that one. Waiting for the Most Wanted since criterion is the one doing the game and they did also the burn out series and Hot Pursuit.

Another thing, the game seems to suffer of alzheimer since when starting the game, my setup for the control was gone every time. I had to go back in the menu and reselect the buttons...

So sad, I wanted to enjoy it, but no dice on that.

Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge [Online Game Code]
Darksiders II DLC - Abyssal Forge [Online Game Code]
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars here we go again...too short, October 31, 2012
What is up with that. A 250 megs download and about 2.0 hours of gameplay. The two bosses are not even that hard to beat. I am so disappointed by it. One good thing out of it is the weapons you get and the ability to gain one or two levels of XP. Other than that, I am glad I bought the season pass half off on steam because I would be so mad to spend $9.99 for 2.0 hours of gaming. Seriously, vigil needs to up it with the next DLC.

The Walking Dead [Online Game Code]
The Walking Dead [Online Game Code]
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game but frustrating at times, October 30, 2012
Zombie apocalypse :) this game give a good insight on what it could be if the world as we know it was to suffer a major disease outbreak. The decision within a group, hard choices, who lives, who dies, etc... in all a great game. I had some issues with the controls at times since the targeting system is not always on par, but that apart, I flew through the four chapters, and I am dying to see chapter 5. Also, the game runs awesome in eyefinity, which gives an even better feel to the game. Anyway, buy it you won't regret it.

Hard Reset: Extended Edition - PC
Hard Reset: Extended Edition - PC
Offered by knightdiscounts
Price: $7.62
24 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Old School Fun, September 19, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Well, found it at another store for $9.99 and decided to purchase the game. I heard a lot of good about the game but until you try it you would never know. This game is definitely old school (in the line of doom 3, quake, etc...). Nothing fancy, shoot first, ask questions later.

The graphics area really cool and some of the bosses are massive to say the least. I run all details maxed out at 3840x768 on a single MSI 6950 2gigs and the game is smooth. Eyefinity is very well supported and even FOV options are available in the menu. The only problem I ran into was creating an account, a bit of a pain but other than that all good.

The story line is very basic, not going to win an oscar on that one but that will do. Now I really like the weapon system and upgrades. Now I have a all in one shot gun, machine gun, rocket, and grenade launcher :) Enough to clear some space in the ennemy ranks.

I don't feel like the difficulty is that bad. I died a couple of times but nothing frustrating. What I did notice is that you have to use the environment to your advantage and that will make your life much easier. Look for explosive and create a chain reaction :)

Bosses are easy as long as you pay attention to the weak spots highlighted on their bodies. Once you figure it out, they might be big but they will come down "easy".

The negative would be that the ennemies are becoming repetitive, not much variety but blowing them up is still fun.

Honestly this is a great game, very basic, great graphics, and more fun than some of the bigger titles out there. Can't wait for the Doom 3 BFG edition to get as much fun.

The Darkness II [Download]
The Darkness II [Download]
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Some Bad and Poor Eyefinity Support, September 4, 2012
All things considered, I am glad I did not spend more than $9.99 on this game. I guess I was expecting more out of it. The controls are pretty cluncky and mouse and keyboard do not seem to be the most suitable for the game. So I installed the game on my setup (by the way the key worked right away with steam) and started the game. So far, it detects eyefinity (3x24" at 3840x768) then...ouch...it looks like the characters suffered from advanced obesity...so FOV is not good. No problem, go online and get a little software from WidescreenGaming forum. Installed set the FOV at 62 and tadaaam it works. Characters are slim :) Then I played and I had to go back and forward in order to get the configuration right on the keyboard. Honestly not the end of the world, but then the game is just not very exciting. Bulletstorm has similar ideas with the special kills but it was fun and controls were flawless.

So the pros -

Runs smooth (close to 60 fps) on AMD 965 BE (3.7 ghz), 8 gigs of DDR3, MSI 6950 2gigs, max details, resolution 3840x768
Cool graphics
Interesting concept

The cons -

Lack of eyefinity support (wrong FOV)
Poor Keyboard/Mouse settings
Boring....

I will go back to Bulletstorm or even Alien Vs Predator, which were fun to play.