Profile for oobear > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

oobear RSS Feed

Timex Unisex T2N649 "Weekender" Watch with Gray and Orange Nylon Strap
Timex Unisex T2N649 "Weekender" Watch with Gray and Orange Nylon Strap
Offered by DB Time
Price: $42.00
5 used & new from $33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Times weekender review, July 26, 2012
I bought this watch as a "test" watch. This is the first watch I've owned and here are my thoughts:

PROS:
-Price. As a first-time watch buyer, I didn't want to spend much money and at $30, this one was a steal.
-Size. One of my pet peeves with men's watches is their size, however this watch is small, but not so much that it looks too feminine. About 35mm diam.
-Indiglo. A Timex classic, with the press of a button, you can have a glowing dial tell you the time in a dimly lit room.
-Woven Strap. Comfortable yet feels sturdy and durable.
-TIME! Almost forgot, but the day I got it I set it to US Atomic Time (online) and 6 weeks later, I'm only 10 seconds behind Atomic Time. Pretty good for $30 Watch.

CONS:
-Loud. I know that everybody has said it about this watch already, but this is a noticeably loud watch. TICK-TOCK!
-WR30m I realize this is a cheap watch, but it would be nice if it were more water resistant, say 100m so that you could swim while wearing it like the design suggests to the wearer.
-Shiny Case. It's not really a CON, but the picture in the ad suggests a "brushed aluminum" finish. Not the case (no pun intended). This is a shiny, mirror-like finish so if that doesn't float your boat, don't get it.

Overall, this watch has been great and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to get into watch-wearing or just needs a cheap, classic looking daily watch.