Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for A. Tubesing > Reviews

Browse

A. Tubesing's Profile

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Tubesing RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Lennox iComfort Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat
Lennox iComfort Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat
Offered by Patriot Supply
Price: $337.51
6 used & new from $230.00

3.0 out of 5 stars $600 for fancy wifi and pretty screen... but it has less features than a simple $75 thermostat, December 14, 2015
This thermostat purports itself to be some sort of rich-featured fancy thing... but really it's no better than a $75 programmable thermostat from home depot. Yes it has wifi, but it adds no functionality other than remote access. All it does is put a copy of the thermostat screen on your computer/device screen. There's no added features, info, data... none of the powerful features that a computer interface could (and should) offer such as energy tracking, time on/off data, links to support info for error codes, etc.

It does have a complex system programming interface which will allow you to customize all sorts of details about what modes it uses at various times of year and so on... but it never explains what the basic modes actually do. For a system that claims to help you control a 98.5% efficient furnace/AC/heat-pump system, it utterly fails to provide the insight necessary to get those benefits from it. Even the basic automatic modes have NO explanation anywhere in the documentation. What does Heat only do versus emergency heat, versus any of the other modes? Sure I can guess, but with a system like this that can be heating with gas and/or the heat pump, when the balance of which is supposed to provide that energy savings you paid extra to get, they do nothing to help you understand what any of the modes mean or do. This is inexcusable. Especially for a unit with a web interface, one would expect a world of capabilities, but alas all it offers is an exact duplicate of the control screen, with no added features, explanations, etc.

Furthermore, it lacks the one basic feature of a programmable thermostat I used the most: The "Home Today" button. If you want weekend-style all-day heating or cooling on a day you're unexpectedly home (sick or snow day or whatever), you have to manually go in and change the temperature and set a duration and what not. Other thermostats, even the crappiest $50 programmable thermostat from the dollar store can do that with a one-touch button.

For $600 this thing is a tough sell! If I didn't have to have it to control the heat pump system, I would DEFINITELY not buy it. It's embarrasingly limited for the claims they make about it and certainly for the cost.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic-sounding compact speaker!, May 6, 2015
These are fantastic speakers. They have great low end, especially for the size, sound nice and clean, and they get quite loud. I have a pair of EV SX80 PA speakers and this ZX1i sounds much better. It's a slightly larger enclosure, and that helps with the low end for sure. They might be just a tad lacking in mid-range compared to other EV PA speaker offerings, but it's a great sounding compact loudspeaker. In my experience, it's certainly the best-sounding 70v speaker of its size.

The 70v/100v transformer is easy to set for whatever power you need it to take from the amp, plus there's an 8ohm setting so you can bypass the transformer and use it with a conventional amp as well.

Patterson Medical 3pp Buddy Loop Pack of 5, Size: 3/4" (1.9cm) Width, Grey
Patterson Medical 3pp Buddy Loop Pack of 5, Size: 3/4" (1.9cm) Width, Grey
Offered by Soymedical
Price: $14.99
14 used & new from $12.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and effective, with unbeatable convenience. If you've been instructed to buddy tape your fingers, GET THESE., May 6, 2015
These are the perfect solution to buddy-taping fingers. They go on and off easily and provide plenty of support yet are stretchy enough to not feel overly restrictive. They are soft and comfortable, even for wearing all day and night. Plus, you can put them on in different ways depending on whether you want space or padding between your fingers or not. I bought a multi-pack and when they got dirty or sweaty I put on another pair. I also carried some spares with me. They are washable but they do get beat up. I wore these for several months and a 25 pack was just about right.

If you read another review and are tempted to feel guilty for spending money on this ingenious product, think about this... You are probably reading this because you have broken fingers, right? Who wants to mess around on a DIY sewing project with broken fingers? Not me. Plus, these are not made out of the scratchy stiff velcro you'd buy at the fabric store. It's has medical grade comfortable neoprene backing, with a soft cushy texture. Don't waste your time on a hobby project with crappy materials, just buy these and focus on healing instead.

Mowa Crank Chainring Bolts Set Orange
Mowa Crank Chainring Bolts Set Orange
Offered by Light Cycle
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but NOT strong., May 6, 2015
These are not strong. I snapped the head off one before reaching the typical torque for chainring bolts. Thankfully I only needed 4 so I had a spare to use, but I plan to replace these as soon as I find an alternate option. They are nice looking and very light-weight, but I would not buy them again. As for size, since it's not listed, they are too long for a single chainring on a spider, these are the right length for two chainrings and a spider.

Reach J&J Dental Floss Waxed 55 Yd (Pack of 6)
Reach J&J Dental Floss Waxed 55 Yd (Pack of 6)
Offered by Health Beauty N More
Price: $13.47
4 used & new from $13.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it while you can!, May 19, 2014
This is the best floss there is. I had been frustrated by not being able to find this in stores anymore. It doesn't even show up on the J&J Reach web site--so maybe they're getting rid of it? I find it hard to understand why they seem to have abandoned this product when it had been the ubiquitous industry standard. I came here as a last resort and found that I'm not alone in my love for this product and my difficulty in finding it. All these reviews pretty much say exactly what I feel. You people are my family! :-)

The one thing I like about this floss that hasn't been said by others is that it's not super slippery, so when you wrap it around your fingers it doesn't slide out of your grip like other super slippery flosses. Yet, it still slides between the teeth just fine.

Firefly 390 81LM Liftmaster keychain compatible with Chamberlain, Craftsman and LiftMaster models that have a green learn button
Offered by Remote Renegade
Price: $12.65
6 used & new from $12.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Works awesome, easy to program, May 12, 2014
This is what I carry on my bike. Works great. Programs with the simple press of two buttons, one on your remote and one on the opener itself. Piece of cake. Good range, pretty decent durability. Mine gets wet frequently and still hasn't had any trouble.

One thing I dislike about it is the odd shape and off-center keychain hole. I have no idea why they made it such a random shape, but as a result it is hard to mount this to anything, pinch it in a bracket, orient it properly without looking at it, etc. I'm not a big fan of things that are oddly shaped for no apparent reason. Maybe they wanted it to look interesting or something, but are squares and rectangles really so awful?

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great grippy pedal but doesn't spin freely, May 12, 2014
The traction on these pedals is pretty hard to beat. The large footprint makes them perfect for winter riding, especially in boots. Great for all seasons. One downside is that they're a little tight so they don't spin freely. Not a big deal by itself, but if you use toe clips you'll be frustrated by trying to get them to drop so you can insert your foot predictably. The other downside is inherent to a pedal with good traction... if you come into accidental contact with these using any part of yourself except the sole of your shoe, you will get torn up. They are sharp and painful if you hit a shin.

Greenpan Lima Hard Anodized 8" Fry Pan
Greenpan Lima Hard Anodized 8" Fry Pan

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooks great but HANDLE WILL BURN YOU, May 11, 2014
I am now convinced that, for non-stick surfaces, ceramic pans are a good replacement for teflon. This pan cooks VERY well. With just a little butter or spray it cooks eggs perfectly with no stick at all. HOWEVER, the handle gets VERY HOT. I have burned myself several times while cooking. This product should really be recalled for that, seriously it is not safe. If you remember to use a pot-holder it works great but if you have it on the stove for more than a couple of minutes and grab it with a bare hand you're going to drop it and scream.

Michelin Avenir Axle Mount Bicycle Trailer Replacement Hitch
Michelin Avenir Axle Mount Bicycle Trailer Replacement Hitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, works perfectly, and it's cheap! This is a no-brainer., November 4, 2013
The other reviews are right... this is a well-made product that works perfectly. Having used the burley triangle clamp previously, which takes some fumbling around to get hooked on, this one is ridiculously easy to attach and detach. You do have to bolt the hitch lug onto your axle (and leave it there), so if you want to tow with multiple bikes you'd have to install that on each of them, whereas the Burley triangle can be hooked to nearly any bike without installing anything. But once the hitch lug is installed, all you do is slide the shaft over it and insert the pin and you're ready to go--15 seconds at most.

The diameter of the insert for this one is skinnier than the burley rubber style ones, so if you're putting this on a burley trailer it will fit a little loose, but the mounting hole will line up just fine. I have an Avenir trailer which uses a thicker-walled pipe so the interior diameter is smaller than the Burleys. This means I can't put a burley triangle mount on this trailer without modifying it... but that's OK with me because this hitch is so easy to use once you get the lug installed. I liked the burley triangle hitch because I could put it on my wife's bike or my mountain bike when I wanted to, but I usually tow with my commuter bike so I don't mind. It's a good compromise.

WTB Comfort V Sport Bicycle Saddle, Black
WTB Comfort V Sport Bicycle Saddle, Black
Offered by Bell's Bike Shop
Price: $32.14
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent padding! Super comfortable and very durable., November 4, 2013
Finally a truly comfortable bike seat! The gel padding in this seat is superior to any other bike seat I've used. I have put it on two of my bikes and as long as this one is still available I wouldn't buy any other seat. It has enough surface to distribute weight, but it's not bulky. It's not quite as slim as a road bike seat (so I'm not sure if I'll put one of these on my road bike or not), but for a mountain bike, hybrid, or city commuter this is the perfect seat IMO. I used to get sciatica from bike seats that were too hard, but this one cured me of that. I never get sore, even after a long ride.

I have found this seat to be extremely durable (In contrast to one other review). The first of these I bought is on my city commuter bike. I ride to work and many of my errands, usually putting about 50 miles per week on that bike, and it has lasted more than two years with minimal wear. The material is somewhat absorbent, however, so I carry a seat cover to put on it for parking outside on rainy/snowy days.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7