Profile for A. Tubesing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Tubesing RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Reach J&J Dental Floss Waxed 55 Yd (Pack of 6)
Reach J&J Dental Floss Waxed 55 Yd (Pack of 6)
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $12.28
3 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it while you can!, May 19, 2014
This is the best floss there is. I had been frustrated by not being able to find this in stores anymore. It doesn't even show up on the J&J Reach web site--so maybe they're getting rid of it? I find it hard to understand why they seem to have abandoned this product when it had been the ubiquitous industry standard. I came here as a last resort and found that I'm not alone in my love for this product and my difficulty in finding it. All these reviews pretty much say exactly what I feel. You people are my family! :-)

The one thing I like about this floss that hasn't been said by others is that it's not super slippery, so when you wrap it around your fingers it doesn't slide out of your grip like other super slippery flosses. Yet, it still slides between the teeth just fine.

Firefly 390 81LM Liftmaster keychain compatible with Chamberlain, Craftsman and LiftMaster models that have a green learn button
Offered by Garage Intel Inc
Price: $12.65
6 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works awesome, easy to program, May 12, 2014
This is what I carry on my bike. Works great. Programs with the simple press of two buttons, one on your remote and one on the opener itself. Piece of cake. Good range, pretty decent durability. Mine gets wet frequently and still hasn't had any trouble.

One thing I dislike about it is the odd shape and off-center keychain hole. I have no idea why they made it such a random shape, but as a result it is hard to mount this to anything, pinch it in a bracket, orient it properly without looking at it, etc. I'm not a big fan of things that are oddly shaped for no apparent reason. Maybe they wanted it to look interesting or something, but are squares and rectangles really so awful?

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great grippy pedal but doesn't spin freely, May 12, 2014
The traction on these pedals is pretty hard to beat. The large footprint makes them perfect for winter riding, especially in boots. Great for all seasons. One downside is that they're a little tight so they don't spin freely. Not a big deal by itself, but if you use toe clips you'll be frustrated by trying to get them to drop so you can insert your foot predictably. The other downside is inherent to a pedal with good traction... if you come into accidental contact with these using any part of yourself except the sole of your shoe, you will get torn up. They are sharp and painful if you hit a shin.

Greenpan Lima Hard Anodized 8" Fry Pan
Greenpan Lima Hard Anodized 8" Fry Pan

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooks great but HANDLE WILL BURN YOU, May 11, 2014
I am now convinced that, for non-stick surfaces, ceramic pans are a good replacement for teflon. This pan cooks VERY well. With just a little butter or spray it cooks eggs perfectly with no stick at all. HOWEVER, the handle gets VERY HOT. I have burned myself several times while cooking. This product should really be recalled for that, seriously it is not safe. If you remember to use a pot-holder it works great but if you have it on the stove for more than a couple of minutes and grab it with a bare hand you're going to drop it and scream.

Michelin Avenir Axle Mount Bicycle Trailer Replacement Hitch
Michelin Avenir Axle Mount Bicycle Trailer Replacement Hitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, works perfectly, and it's cheap! This is a no-brainer., November 4, 2013
The other reviews are right... this is a well-made product that works perfectly. Having used the burley triangle clamp previously, which takes some fumbling around to get hooked on, this one is ridiculously easy to attach and detach. You do have to bolt the hitch lug onto your axle (and leave it there), so if you want to tow with multiple bikes you'd have to install that on each of them, whereas the Burley triangle can be hooked to nearly any bike without installing anything. But once the hitch lug is installed, all you do is slide the shaft over it and insert the pin and you're ready to go--15 seconds at most.

The diameter of the insert for this one is skinnier than the burley rubber style ones, so if you're putting this on a burley trailer it will fit a little loose, but the mounting hole will line up just fine. I have an Avenir trailer which uses a thicker-walled pipe so the interior diameter is smaller than the Burleys. This means I can't put a burley triangle mount on this trailer without modifying it... but that's OK with me because this hitch is so easy to use once you get the lug installed. I liked the burley triangle hitch because I could put it on my wife's bike or my mountain bike when I wanted to, but I usually tow with my commuter bike so I don't mind. It's a good compromise.

WTB Comfort V Sport Bicycle Saddle, Black
WTB Comfort V Sport Bicycle Saddle, Black
Offered by Bike Nashbar
Price: $39.99
9 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent padding! Super comfortable and very durable., November 4, 2013
Finally a truly comfortable bike seat! The gel padding in this seat is superior to any other bike seat I've used. I have put it on two of my bikes and as long as this one is still available I wouldn't buy any other seat. It has enough surface to distribute weight, but it's not bulky. It's not quite as slim as a road bike seat (so I'm not sure if I'll put one of these on my road bike or not), but for a mountain bike, hybrid, or city commuter this is the perfect seat IMO. I used to get sciatica from bike seats that were too hard, but this one cured me of that. I never get sore, even after a long ride.

I have found this seat to be extremely durable (In contrast to one other review). The first of these I bought is on my city commuter bike. I ride to work and many of my errands, usually putting about 50 miles per week on that bike, and it has lasted more than two years with minimal wear. The material is somewhat absorbent, however, so I carry a seat cover to put on it for parking outside on rainy/snowy days.

Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Inrcool Bib Shorts, Black, Large
Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Inrcool Bib Shorts, Black, Large
Offered by Gray Fox USA
Price: $174.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bibs, moderate chamois, comfy for big/short guys, November 4, 2013
I tried on a variety of bibs and this pair was my first purchase. Having owned lots of bike shorts, I most liked the bibs for not having a waistband. It's surprising how much more comfortable that is, and the shoulder straps were hardly noticeable.

The chamois is smaller than average and it is also softer and more compressible than most. As a result, it offers a little less padding, but it's much less bulky and obtrusive than most. If you like a big thick chamois then these are not the bibs for you (the Pearl Izumi Attack bibs would be better), but if you prefer less bulk and lighter padding then you may really like these Elite bibs.

These bibs fit me pretty well. I am relatively short for my size, so most bike clothing is far too long for me, but these are better. I am 5'6" (36" waist, 23" thigh) and I got a size Large. The legs come to just above my knee and are snug but not too tight. In comparison to the others I tried, these were much nicer around the midsection. I have some belly, and the mesh material in the torso of these bibs was more compliant to stretch around without compressing. Most other bibs were too tight to be comfy.

Overall I am very pleased with these bibs. They seem well made.

Lenovo Ultraslim AC/DC Combo Adapter (41R4493)
Lenovo Ultraslim AC/DC Combo Adapter (41R4493)
Offered by City Twins Inc
Price: $59.99
17 used & new from $49.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail-o-rama: Heavy clunky jumbled mess of cables and adaptors, July 16, 2013
I haven't even tried this thing yet and I already hate it. It's half the size of my laptop and nearly as heavy. There is absolutely no way you would look at this kit and call it compact or travel-friendly. The brick is thin, but also twice as wide, so in terms of cubic inches it's roughly the same size as my standard charger. Add to that all the voltage converter dongles at the end of each adaptor cable, plus the adaptor plug you have to put at the end of each adaptor dongle, plus the AC cable that goes from the wall (or DC cable from cigarette lighter) and you have one bulky mess of problems waiting to happen.

I got this mostly to offer in-car charging and I plan to try it for that, but frankly it doesn't seem to be any more compact or convenient than a small AC inverter and a traditional charger. Plus, I am flat out bewildered why there are USB charger adapters worked into this system. Any laptop you would use this with would have its own USB ports for that, so I resent all the extra complexity and connections added by supporting USB charging capability directly from the charger. It just doesn't seem necessary or sensible.

I ordered mine from the Lenovo outlet so it was less than three dozen bucks, but still I'm not sure I want to keep it--especially considering the reliability problems mentioned by other reviewers. It might be more trouble than it's worth. I agree with the another reviewer--if you really need to extend your range, an extra battery is probably a much better investment.

I simply expected better planning and design from this company that has made my favorite laptops for more than a decade. Fail-o-rama.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 10:34 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Most durable socks I've ever owned - > 10 years and still going, October 20, 2012
I bought 15 pairs of these socks in 2001, and I am still wearing them. Seriously, these socks are ridiculously durable. Sure they're worn and aged but they don't have holes and they still insulate nicely. They've been hard to find for a while, and I have tried to replace these with other socks and never found anything anywhere close to the comfort and durability... until now, when I finally found them again.

These socks are great for both warm and cold weather. They're my all-season socks for all conditions. Plush, cozy and cushy, they are super comfortable. The thickness of these socks is uniform throughout the entire sock, they are NOT thicker or padded on the bottom, which I am very happy about (I don't like padded socks).

I couldn't recommend these more highly.

Columbia Men's Passo Alto Reinforced Short
Columbia Men's Passo Alto Reinforced Short
Price: $29.99 - $64.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great stretchy shorts, but poorly designed waistband/belt, October 16, 2012
The GOOD:
These shorts are great for outdoor activities where you need some stretch. They wick moisture and breathe nicely. Having cargo pockets on BOTH legs is nice for righties or lefties, and they zip closed nicely to secure wallets and phones while exercising. I like that the cargo pockets are flat rather than gusseted and placed high on the side of the leg, which means stuff in them stays put instead of flopping around inside or banging into your knees. These shorts are great for biking (finally, stretchy shorts without underwear, a chamois, or pad built in!). What I like most is that these shorts don't look so much like exercise gear, they look ok as street clothes too. I ride my bike wherever I can so it's nice to have bike-friendly shorts that look like normal shorts for when you arrive. Combine these with an active-wear polo shirt and you've got a relatively nice looking outfit you can wear to ride to an event without arriving soaking wetor looking like you just ran a marathon.

The BAD:
The waistband/belt is very poorly designed. They appear to have a belt, but it's not really a belt, it's just a buckle and a bit of webbing permanently sewn to the front of the shorts on either side of the closure. The belt doesn't slide through loops around the shorts. So, when you tighten the belt, it only tightens between the inch or so of strap attaching the buckle and the two inches or so attaching the strap on the other side, which means the shorts can only bunch up in that one place instead of spreading the bunching out around the whole waistband. There also happens to be a significant difference between sizes (M was much too tight all around, the L was too loose, requiring lots of cinching which makes for a lot of bunching near the button and zipper). So, the waist is a very poor design.

If these shorts fit well enough to not need much belt cinching then you'll be fine, but if they fit loosely at all, these shorts will bunch up oddly in front.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6