Profile for uniqity > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

uniqity RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
9x12 Natural Comfort 20(TM) 1/4 inch 100% Felt Rug Pads (9x12)
9x12 Natural Comfort 20(TM) 1/4 inch 100% Felt Rug Pads (9x12)
Offered by Rug Pad Central
Price: $58.19
4 used & new from $58.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Padding but Slipperier Than Ice, July 7, 2015
This pad is plush and comfortable, but if you have it under a rug that isn't completely held down by furniture, I hope you have your insurance paid up. I put it under the rug in the dining room which has the center held by the table and chairs but is not weighted down in the corners. First my 21 year old son slipped when the corner of the rug slid up, and then I did (even though I'd had warning that it was not safe). In the end we pulled it out and let the rug stay with no pad (and it no longer slips). It can't be returned because we had to cut it to fit the rug, which for those who are afraid the pad will be hard to cut, it wasn't difficult at all.

It was relatively inexpensive and the lesson to be learned is that you get what you pay for. To be fair, there was nothing in the description that promised that putting it under your rug wouldn't risk your neck. Frankly, the rug had never slipped before, but I was being contentious and wanted to protect both the rug and floor by getting a pad for it.

Next time I'll resist trying to save money and just buy my pads from the Oriental Rug dealer in town. They may cost twice as much, but in the end the are a better deal.

Blackbird of Willow Creek
Blackbird of Willow Creek
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Why I Don't Understand the 4 1/2 Star Rating on This Book., June 7, 2015
I'm really surprised how many stars this book has. I really wanted to like it. I love historical fiction, but this was obviously written by someone unfamiliar with the time about which she was writing. I tried to get through the whole thing. But by the time I got to 93% I couldn't make myself read through the rest. These are the problems that made it impossible for me to finish:
1. The characters were not realistic. They constantly made ridiculously stupid and selfish choices and they always believed whatever would make them as unhappy, hurt and angry as possible. 2) The dialog sounds like it came from 20th/21st century teenagers. (Chogan's satchel was "ripped off.") Is this supposed to be 19th century dialog? 3) Chogan supposedly learned to speak perfect English just from playing a few hours a week with Ava and getting NO other practice? (As a bilingual education specialist I find this totally unrealistic.)

The characters seemed to react to every situation with rage or despondency. The foolishness just went on and on until I couldn't take it anymore and simply didn't care enough about any the characters to be able to force myself through the remaining 7% to see how the story resolved itself.

I feel bad giving such a terrible review to a story that I'm sure the author worked on very hard to write. Obviously, many of the reviewers do not agree with me or it wouldn't ave 41/2 stars, but at least to me, the time I spent reading it was completely wasted.

Cable Matters® 3 Pack, Premium Gold Plated Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Type A to Micro-B Cable 3 Feet in White
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Charging Cords I've Tried!, March 2, 2015
My family often complains about the quality of charging cords. I got a bunch of these for Christmas stocking and everyone loves them. I've had to get to more to replace other cords!

If I can find them in a longer size I'll replace all my cords. I picked white because most of our older cords are black and I wanted people to be able to tell them apart from our old cables.

Progress Lighting P2991-81 Archie Collection 2-Light Vanity Fixture, Antique Nickel
Price: $69.97
28 used & new from $37.22

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Great. I'm Going to Get More Progress Lights for my Halls., March 2, 2015
This is now in our bathroom with a matching single ceiling light. It is nice quality and the price on Amazon is really good. I looked at all the local big box stores and found the quality to be better than most of what I saw and price was lower than anything even close to this quality.

I'm going to pick a little fancier progress Light for my halls.

Madesmart 3 Tray Pack, Granite
Madesmart 3 Tray Pack, Granite
Price: $19.12
6 used & new from $14.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Very Nice for Plastic Drawer Organizers, March 2, 2015
This was great value and look good in my kitchen drawers alongside a really nice graphite color knife holder I picked up at the container store.

Simply Bamboo 20" X 15" Bamboo Carving, Chopping, & Serving Board w/ Juice Grooves
Offered by Mountain Woods
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value - Needs a Little Work, March 2, 2015
This is an excellent buy for the money. That being said, the channels for meat juice are very rough. When I oiled the board before I used it, I took some steel wool to rough areas and I'm quite happy with the results. The truth is that though this cutting board didn't have best finish job, most bamboo cutting boards this size are about twice the price, so I'm happy that a little olive oil and some steel wool took care of the problem.

Shoe Storage Unit-Damask
Shoe Storage Unit-Damask
Offered by Unique's Shop
Price: $27.40
4 used & new from $24.50

3.0 out of 5 stars This would have been really good if the one of plastic holders for the casters ..., March 2, 2015
This review is from: Shoe Storage Unit-Damask (Home)
This would have been really good if the one of plastic holders for the casters was not broken. I like the shoe holder and it adds room to the bottom of our very small coat closet for people's shoes, but currently it's tipped over where the caster keeps coming off. I'll try to epoxy it and see if that works.

Alpha & Omega: A Companion Novella to Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega)
Alpha & Omega: A Companion Novella to Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy Until You Read This. You May Already Own This Story!!!, February 18, 2015
I really like Patricia Briggs' writing, but this novella is in Shifting Shadows, so don't buy it if you have that book. I didn't see any information about that before I bought it, so I paid $2.99 for a story I already owned, and I'm a bit annoyed about that. The story itself is very good, and really deserves 4 stars. You should read it prior to the Alpha & Omega series. Just be careful not to buy it twice!

As a matter of fact, if you really like Patricia Briggs, just get Shifting Shadows and forget about this book. It is full of good stories like this one.

Progress Lighting P3740-81 Med Flush Mount, 2-75-watt
Progress Lighting P3740-81 Med Flush Mount, 2-75-watt
Price: $107.19
17 used & new from $87.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful light. We just put this in our powder ..., January 15, 2015
Beautiful light. We just put this in our powder room with a matching set of two lights over the mirror. It is very nice and we are looking for another Progress light similar to this for our downstairs hall. The online prices are very good and the quality of the light is high.

Atlas Homewares 3186-B/W 1.5-Inch Canterbury Knob from the Canterbury Collection, Antique Brass material with Enameling Lacquer, Black and White
Price: $10.71
12 used & new from $10.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Knob, October 8, 2014
I bought one of these as a sample when I was trying to figure out what knobs to use in my newly renovated kitchen. While I did not select this knob for my kitchen project, I can say without hesitation that it is absolutely beautiful and very high quality. The knob is solid and heavy and has a very nice feel in your hand.

I thought that the knob was a little too large and too attention grabbing for my kitchen project, but I liked it so much that I'll either use them in a bathroom renovation or on a painted furniture project.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5