Profile for happydreamer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

happydreamer RSS Feed (USA)

Thinkfun Distraction Card Game
Thinkfun Distraction Card Game
Price: $12.62
13 used & new from $10.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Distraction, November 11, 2012
I received Distraction for review from ThinkFun.

I allowed 4 of my high school art students to play distraction. (Players ages: 18, 15, 15, 14)

To say they were reluctant is an understatement, however, their 'too cool for this' attitude quickly wore off!

They laughed their way through answering Distraction card questions, and then trying to recall the string of numbers in the pile. They especially liked to challenge each other when one did not remember the correct order the number cards were in.

I highly recommend this game to anyone wanting a fun, and lively way of strengthening memory skills or just an excuse to have a good time playing cards.

Thinkfun Stenzzles Tropical Puzzle
Thinkfun Stenzzles Tropical Puzzle
Price: $7.19
7 used & new from $1.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Stenzzles Interview with 4th Graders, November 11, 2012
I received Stenzzles from ThinkFun to review.

As a 2nd - 12th grade art teacher, I was curious to see how my students would react to playing with Stenzzles. Last week, after finishing a project in 4th grade, I set out the art games. In the stack were two boxes of Stenzzles: Dogs and Tropical.

4 students were able to play and complete the puzzles during our allotted time. They had a great time trying to figure out how to recreate the colorful patterns inside each puzzle. Each child talked their way through successful completion of the puzzles! I made a graph for each student to complete and asked them to write in their own words what they liked or disliked about the game.

Hannah, 9 and Jack, 9 both thought it was a little hard and fun. Neither would change anything, and really liked the challenge of figuring out the correct direction and order of the Stenzzles.

Hailee, 10 and Charlie, 10 both thought it was very hard, yet fun. I did see a bit of frustration level in each of these students. However, they completed the Stenzzles successfully. Neither would change anything, although Charlie thought that age 8 might be a little too young to play with this puzzle.

Personally, I love these puzzles! Kids need to exercise their brains, develop problem solving skills, and logical thinking abilities. Stenzzles are a perfect way for them to do just that.

Thinkfun Pathwords Jr Puzzle
Thinkfun Pathwords Jr Puzzle
15 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pathwords Jr. Survey with 6, 7, 8 yr. old Brothers, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Pathwords Jr Puzzle (Toy)
We were given Pathwords Jr. by Think Fun to review.

Instead of writing only what I thought about the game and how our boys played it, I decided to make up a survey for them to fill out after playing the game.

WOW. What can I say? They loved playing Pathwords Jr. and giving their honest opinion about it. Here's what they had to say:

8 yr. old: He thought the game was 'a little hard and fun'. "I liked searching for the words. I would change the hints." (I asked him what he meant by changing the hints and he said, "Make them harder." He's the Brainiac. And they DID get harder as we progressed through beginner to advanced--he wanted to play the hardest one!)

7 yr. old: He thought the game was 'very hard and fun". " It was so fun! Change the tiles because you might get mixed up." (The tiles truly are perfect! It was hard for him to figure out which way the tiles went for some of the word searches and that is EXACTLY the point, to challenge while learning. I will add he has a few developmental delays and it was genuinely challenging for him at times and I was very pleased with the level of difficulty. It really wasn't too hard for him, although that is what he perceived, but he did it himself!)

6 yr. old: He thought the game was 'a little hard and fun'. "I like the game. It is fun." (Lol. Straight to the point. He is hearing impaired and those are some pretty awesome complete thoughts/sentences for him, so I went with it. He really did enjoy this game. He is very visual because of his hearing impairment which played in his favor. He quickly found the words at the beginner level;faster than his 7 yr. old brother.

We four had a really fun Saturday morning playing this game together. I love Pathwords Jr. It gently progresses from beginner to more challenging puzzles. Think Fun aged it appropriately at Ages 6+. We love THINK FUN games!

ThinkFun Swish
ThinkFun Swish
Price: $13.16
13 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Think think think., November 23, 2011
This review is from: ThinkFun Swish (Toy)
When this game arrived, my husband was the first to play it. He loves any kind of game like Swish, logical thinking, visual perception...me? Well, it took awhile for me to get the hang of it. Now, I like it. ;o) My 14 yr. old son thinks it's "cool". The directions are easy to follow, it all fits nicely in a draw string bag for easy take along fun.

ThinkFun PathWords
ThinkFun PathWords
16 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, November 23, 2011
This review is from: ThinkFun PathWords (Toy)
Buy this game now. Love it! This is one of MY favorite Think Fun games...and I'm 42. Our boys like it too. Directions are easy to follow.

ThinkFun Math Dice Jr.
ThinkFun Math Dice Jr.
Price: $7.99
10 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Star, November 23, 2011
This review is from: ThinkFun Math Dice Jr. (Toy)
Math Dice Jr. has been a great, fun way for our boys to practice their new math skills. We all enjoy it. Way to go Think Fun.

ThinkFun Snack Attack
ThinkFun Snack Attack
11 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Snack Time, August 12, 2011
This review is from: ThinkFun Snack Attack (Toy)
A great matching game with twist. This game provides good fun while giving opportunities to talk about healthy snacks, and fun snacks if you so desire. Our boys enjoy this game. You spin the dial and it deposits the food disks into the slots on the serving tray. The only trouble we've had with the spinner is that it sometimes drops more disks, or extra disks when not needed. We just pop the disks back into the tube and continue play. No biggie. We've played it several times and really have had a good time. Great job ThinkFun!

ThinkFun Bug Trails
ThinkFun Bug Trails
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buggy Fun, August 12, 2011
This review is from: ThinkFun Bug Trails (Toy)
Our sons love this game. Besides the cute buggy character featured on the dominoes, there's a flag! and a bag! They love picking pieces out of the bag and moving the little flag each time they play a piece. We've not played all the variations yet, but I know we will. A+ ThinkFun!

ThinkFun Tilt
ThinkFun Tilt
Price: $19.97
10 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Tilt Review, July 29, 2011
This review is from: ThinkFun Tilt (Toy)
My 14 year old son dove into Tilt. He loves any kind of strategic thinking puzzle and Tilt fits the bill. He quickly looked over the instructions, set up the game and started playing. After completing about 10 puzzle cards, he even began to create his own challenges for me to try. Tilt is a winner and a keeper.

The game board sets up quickly and rests on a smooth base for ease of tilting the pieces down or across in an effort to get the green disks through the hole. Watch out for those pesky blue pieces! All of the contents fit nicely into a drawing string bag for ease of storage, which this Mom loves! The deck of puzzle cards has a good assortment of challenges; easy to advanced. We are very pleased with Tilt; its quality, fun factor, brain stimulation, and a reason to come out of a bedroom and interact with your family. Who knew we parents could be so fun?

We own quite a few ThinkFun! games and the quality is superior, the level of fun is high, and they're all educational in some way. Brain Power! Activate!