nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more
Profile for AI Reviews > Reviews

Browse

AI Reviews' Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AI Reviews RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Pentax 100mm f/2.8 WR D FA smc Macro Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras
Pentax 100mm f/2.8 WR D FA smc Macro Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $399.95
17 used & new from $349.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed, highly portable, tack sharp little lens., March 14, 2016
This lens is beautifully constructed, lightweight and tack sharp. I had read generally very effusive reviews about this lens but a product review on DXO was less than stellar. I am convinced that the DXO review must be based on erroneous data.

I received this lens today and expected it to be a dog wide open. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. I have only taken a few shots at f/2.8 and whoa! I've attached a test shot straight out of the camera (a K-5), shot wide open, handheld at 1/160 seconds with flash bounced behind me.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Breville BES820XL Die-Cast 15-Bar Programmable Espresso Machine
Breville BES820XL Die-Cast 15-Bar Programmable Espresso Machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor durability record, fickle hit-or-miss espresso quality, September 7, 2014
I bought this machine in January of 2009. The boiler recently sprang a leak. For the price, I don't think that 5 or so years is a pretty good durability record. I did descale it regularly as per manufacturer's instructions. Before the leak, the quality of the espresso it produced was hit or miss. It was very fickle with respect to fineness of the ground. I won't be buying another and will be opting for a Rancilio Silvia V3 to replace it.

Custom PopDecals - on sale - Three Big Birch Trees - Beautiful Tree Wall Decals for Kids Rooms Teen Girls Boys Wallpaper Murals Sticker Wall Stickers Nursery Decor Nursery Decals
Offered by Siliynu
Price: $66.00
3 used & new from $65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, easy to apply, looks great!, May 11, 2013
We bought this for a nursery. The quality is excellent and the decals provide for an attractive design. They're easy to apply because the manufacturer has given some thought to the process. The actual decals are sandwiched between two other layers: the backing sheet and transfer tape. Included instructions are easy to follow. I would recommend this product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, looks great, fits tissue boxes like a glove, April 27, 2013
What more can you ask for? I'm very pleased with this thing. I didn't experience the tight fit that others have mentioned. The fit on my Scotties brand tissues is perfectly snug.

Trudeau Digital Wine Thermometer
Trudeau Digital Wine Thermometer
Offered by garryking
Price: $19.99
12 used & new from $12.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes too long to give a reading, April 27, 2013
The contrast on the screen makes it difficult to read the temperature values if you haven't given up while waiting for it to settle on the final value (the accuracy of which I doubt anyway). Save your money and take a pass on this one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely mirror, elegant and substantial, April 27, 2013
Can't believe what an excellent value this beautiful mirror is. It's elegant and well made. Has weight to it; not flimsy. I didn't get a wire in the box to connect the links on either side for hanging but I'll find one somewhere else. That doesn't detract from my appreciation of this mirror. I recommend it. Did I mention the great value?

Vivitar Flash for Pentax SLR/DSLR Camera - Black (DF383PEN)
Vivitar Flash for Pentax SLR/DSLR Camera - Black (DF383PEN)
2 used & new from $189.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - Strobe stopped firing after approximately 10 exposures, May 18, 2011
I took about ten exposures with the Vivitar DF383 flash for Pentax before the strobe simply stopped firing.

I replaced the batteries with a fresh set, to no avail. The camera and the flash were still communicating with one another but the strobe on the flash just would not fire.

Sometimes you luck out and the relatively inexpensive product that you purchase just works and you live with it happily ever after.

Sometimes (often) the old adage is right: you get what you pay for. Even so, I would not have expected this flash to fail on me within half an hour of taking it out of its box for the first time and shooting ten exposures. I still paid $130+ for it after all.

This is my first experience with a Vivitar product after Sakar International acquired the brand in 2008 and I'm certain it will be my last. I think they've done a disservice to the fabled "Series 1" brand of Vivitar third-party lenses by slapping that same "Series 1" brand on the front of this chintzy product.

If it were possible to review the product and give it zero stars, I would. One star is too generous.

Buyer beware.

Gary Fong LSUCLOUD Lightsphere Universal Cloud
Gary Fong LSUCLOUD Lightsphere Universal Cloud
Offered by PHOTOTECH
Price: $49.95
90 used & new from $37.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The pricey "tupperware" that will give you a nice diffuse effect, May 15, 2011
When considering that the product comprises two pieces of plastic and a velcro strap complete with advertising for the manufacturer, it's indeed an expensive item.

Thing is, it works as advertised. The diffuse light from the "bounce" flash sent through the "Lightsphere Universal Cloud" creates an attractive effect.

Though it's lightweight, the awkward shape takes up a lot of volume in a camera bag, which makes it a pain to carry around with you when you're already lugging around a series of lenses, but I imagine the shape is essential to the desired effect.

CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver
CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver
Offered by SimpleStudio
Price: $17.99
13 used & new from $10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for your money - it just works!, May 15, 2011
This is a relatively inexpensive item that simply works as advertised. I am quite pleased with it and would recommend it to those beginning to experiment with off-camera flash photography.

Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 K-5 K-5ii K-5iis Digital SLR
Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for Pentax K-7 K-5 K-5ii K-5iis Digital SLR
6 used & new from $102.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential accessory for your K-7 (or K-5), April 5, 2011
The Pentax K-7 is a wonderful camera, but I found that its small size, especially when coupled with larger lenses, made it awkward to handle.

The D-BG4 Battery Grip solves this problem, balancing out the camera while giving you extra battery power and extra control when composing vertically-framed shots.

The build quality is top notch.

If you own a K-7 and can afford the D-BG4 Battery Grip, I recommend it without hesitation.

Page: 1 | 2