Profile for allbehindbars > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

allbehindbars "An Aspie Girl's Quirky Thoughts" RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Over the Garden Wall Special Issue 1
Over the Garden Wall Special Issue 1
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More Please!, March 26, 2015
I wish for more! Magical like the show!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless)
Price: $609.99
13 used & new from $265.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone I Have Ever Owned, October 17, 2013
This phone is great. The screen is large and crisp, making movies and photos look amazing. The processor is fast, making the 4G on Verizon load as quickly as my home wifi. For it to be so large, the phone is quite thin and light. So far, the phone has been able to handle anything I throw at it. I use it as my portable sketchbook.

The only con I have is Samsung's My Magazine feature that keeps popping up when I accidentally hold the home screen too long or swipe from the bottom of the screen. It's very annoying as I do not use it.

Five Star Customizable Binder with Removable Fixture, 1-Inch, Purple (72985)
Five Star Customizable Binder with Removable Fixture, 1-Inch, Purple (72985)
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!!, May 16, 2013
I love these binders! They have a removable three ring binder and a slot to put a notebook or a legal pad. It has a pen loop and zippered pocket on the inside and a zippered pocket on the outside as pictured. It is a soft binder, so it does not have the stiff cover of traditional binders. I just wish they came in additional larger sizes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, May 16, 2013
The slingshot came fast and in perfect shape. It is very well made from nice wood and looks great. It feels strong. I have been looking everywhere for a classic slingshot made from wood like Dennis the Menace. :-) I will order another one in the future.

The Message//REMIX
The Message//REMIX
by Eugene H. Peterson
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: $38.22
49 used & new from $27.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, March 25, 2013
I'm someone who has fallen out of touch with the Bible. I saw this at Barnes & Noble and had to order it. It is so cute! And it is written in contemporary language, so I feel like I'm reading a book. I'm an avid reader, and this is the first Bible I have been excited about reading. I just wish it was cheaper.

Gibson SG Special Electric Guitar,Worn Brown Satin
Gibson SG Special Electric Guitar,Worn Brown Satin

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 8, 2012
I bought this guitar recently from Craigslist for a steal! It looks new and has moon inlays and plays like a dream. I've always wanted an SG, but couldn't afford one, so this is perfect.

I just need to learn how to play now lol. My only "guitar" experience is Guitar Hero and now I have Rocksmith, which is supposed to teach you real guitar.

PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
Offered by world-sellers
Price: $199.00
140 used & new from $109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It gets a bad rep for nothing, December 8, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Before writing this, let it be known that I have owned every handheld game system since the GameBoy Color. So, mostly Nintendo systems and a PSP. I have a 3DS XL and PS Vita right now.

I frequent game and tech blogs where the articles and commenters are constantly dissing Sony and the PS Vita. They are so wrong, or just ignorant haters. They mostly complain about the price, which is the same price that the PSP launched at, but the Vita is so much better spec'd. Unlike the 3DS, which launched at the same price as the Vita, but is similarly spec'd to the DS with 3D added. I personally think the Vita is worth the price, it was a steal on Black Friday when I got mine (with included game and memory card for fifty dollars off). The memory cards are overpriced, but so were the PSP's, so it was kinda expected. I'm sure companies like SanDisk will start making cheaper cards as time goes on like they did on the PSP.

Upon turning on the system for the first time, the screen is gorgeous! Everything is so crisp and clear unlike my 3DS XL which just enlarged the same amount of pixels from the smaller model. There is no comparison. The Vita blows it away.

The system is really light. I kinda wish it had more heft to it, so it'd feel more expensive lol. The back touch panel has a design of the PlayStation buttons repeated which is a nice touch. I don't really like using the rear touch panel though, but it's hard for me to get used to new things.

Coming from a PS3 controller, the face buttons surprised me with how small they were. I've gotten used to it, but I wish they were a tad bigger like the XL.

To me, games look gorgeous and are really fun and more in depth than a 3DS game. Sony's knockoff of Nintendo's Brain Age, Smart As, is so much harder, which is good or bad and totally offtopic lol.

Reviewers say the system has no games, but I have found plenty to play to last me months. There is even a whole backlog of downloadable PSP games to play if you missed any like I have.

PS Plus is a good deal for the Vita right now as it gives you 6 free games, two of which are forty dollar games Uncharted and Gravity Rush. (Uncharted is underrated to me. I enjoyed it. To each her own)

Sony's knockoff of Nintendo's StreetPass, called Near, is nothing to write about. Nintendo is awesome for allowing other people's Miis to be downloaded onto your system and into your games.

I haven't used any of the other features like the cameras, friends, or online play, so I can't comment on those yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2012 2:57 PM PST

Popular Science (1-year automatic renewal)
Popular Science (1-year automatic renewal)
Price: $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, December 8, 2012
I like it, but I think I like WIRED a little more. These are so thin! But then again, WIRED is filled with way more ads. The articles in Popular Science are way more in depth. I finish an article feeling like I really learned something.

32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
Price: $68.03
34 used & new from $56.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a memory card, December 8, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
A memory card is a memory card. This one is just overpriced and proprietary. I expected this though as an early adopter of the PSP. If the system does well, I'm sure SanDisk will start making cards like they did for the PSP.

With Playstation Plus and a preference for downloadable games, I wish it came in 64GB so I could carry games and movies/photos.

Barnes & Noble NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, Wi-Fi, 2GB, Includes Power Adapter
Offered by Corner Discount (We don't ship to PO Box)
Price: $108.13
41 used & new from $54.43

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, December 8, 2012
I have changed my review of this product from 5 stars to 0 stars. I was in love with this thing at one point in time. However, it has a horrible defect that I just cannot live with. If you sideload your books (add your own books to a memory card instead of purchasing from Barnes and Noble), everytime you turn the device completely off and on (like in the event of it freezing, like mine's has done more than once) all of your shelves (like collections on Kindle) will erase. Disappear, your shelves are empty. It also happens if you disconnect your Nook from your Macbook the wrong way.

As a person with around 800 sideloaded books, this is completely unacceptable. I need the organization. As a girl with Aspergers Syndrome, I REALLY need the organization. I even contacted Barnes and Noble's customer service online, but their reply was practically calling me a liar. "Thanks for contacting us....Shelves only erase if you reset the Nook or deregister the device....Thank you, Goodbye!" Really, how are you going to ignore a problem that I can replicate on demand?! A quick Google search will show that I am not the only one, and others are having the exact same issue.

So to recap, Barnes and Noble only gives you 250mb (yes, that's megabytes) of storage on the device for your own books. The rest of the space is reserved for Barnes and Noble purchases. I was okay with this because you can add your own MicroSD card up to 32GB (WAY overkill for books lol) for storage. But Barnes and Noble has gimped this feature with this horrible glitch and refuses to fix it or even acknowledge that it even exists! It seems to me that they have found another way to force you to buy books from them instead of other sources. Isn't that a little sneaky?!

Barnes and Noble has horrible customer service, so if you are used to Amazon's amazing service stay away from this company. It is (or was) my favorite bookstore and I used to visit and purchase items weekly (it smells wonderful in there!). I should have frequented Borders more, so they wouldn't have gone out of business here in the South. (Yes, I'm saying I have the purchasing power to save a whole franchise. Just joking :-) It's no wonder Barnes and Nobles are closing all around me, shouldn't you try to please the customer and not call them a liar, so they'll come back? (RIP, I'll still miss them even though I'm upset right now. I just really love bookstores and books).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2013 9:38 AM PDT