Profile for A. Ioannides > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Ioannides "Ari" RSS Feed (Park City, UT USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Zildjian SUPER 7A MAPLE DRUMSTICKS
Zildjian SUPER 7A MAPLE DRUMSTICKS
Price: $7.49
6 used & new from $6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars FAAASSSTTTT, January 11, 2015
I normally use Hickory sticks but there were such a good price, I decided to give them try. Played a couple of gigs with them so far and they hold up very well. I thought they would be more prone to break. The lighter weight is a bonus, I found myself able to play a bit faster. FASTER IS ALWAYS GOOD!

200uF 100V Non-Polarized Capacitor
200uF 100V Non-Polarized Capacitor
Offered by Parts Express
Price: $3.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Small Dash Speakers, January 11, 2015
This review is from: 200uF 100V Non-Polarized Capacitor
Used this inline to reduce remove low end from dash speakers. Works great! Now my dash speakers play way lowder before breaking up, there is no more dash rattle and the woofers in the door can take care of the bass without interference.

3M Clear Polyolefin Heat Shrink Thin-Wall Tubing - 100 ft Length - 2:1 Shrink Ratio - +212 F Shrink Temp - FP301-1/2-100'-Clear-Spool [PRICE is per SPOOL]

Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT512MX100SSD1
Price: $213.99
61 used & new from $213.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Pro DREAM - You gotta do this upgrade!, January 11, 2015
I got this to speed up my old MacBook Pro. Hooked it up to a USB to ATA adaptor, booted to the maintenance partition, wne to disk manager, copied the old drive to the new.

After a few hours, powered down the laptop, installed the new drive and WOW. Tons faster, runs cooler, uses a lot less power and did I say it was MUCH FASTER? Because it is WOW SCREAMING FAST. Not a lot of $$ and it is like I have a new computer.

Are you still reading this? You did not buy the drive yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get this for your laptop NOW!

New 3 Pack Car Auto Truck Relay & Socket SPDT 12V 12 Volt DC 40A AMP 5Pin
New 3 Pack Car Auto Truck Relay & Socket SPDT 12V 12 Volt DC 40A AMP 5Pin
Offered by nj365
Price: $7.68
2 used & new from $7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Expected, January 11, 2015
If you work on cars, you need some of these as replacements or to add accessories to your car. Great price and they work as expected.

Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch Performance Series Component Speaker System
Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch Performance Series Component Speaker System
Offered by Googol Shop
Price: $61.29
39 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Limited Clearance, January 11, 2015
This is the 2nd component system I have purchased. The first was the Pyle PLG6C 6.5-Inch 400-Watt 2-Way Custom Component System and I was very happy with that purchase. The thing is, this installation required a woofer that was not quite as deep. The Kenwood specifications showed the woofer would fit just barley in the rear pillars of my car and for a few extra $$ I thought I would give them a try.

When I got the speakers I was a bit surprised. Unlike the Pyle, ths Kenwood uses a simple inline bipolar electrolytic capacitor for the crossover. Pyle has a actually 2nd order crossover with a coil for the woofer. Whoops I'm getting technical, let me explain:

Crossovers take the signal and send only the bass info to the woofer and the high end signals to the tweeter. Without the crossover the woofer is left to reproduce high end material that it is not designed to reproduce and the tweeter will get all that unwanted bass signal that will damage the tweeter. By using only a capacitor as a crossover the rate or reduction of signal to the tweeter is only 3db peroctive and the woofer is still getting that high end info. While that will not damage the woofer, it will be trying to reproduce that high end while vibrating from the bass. It will can make the high end sound kind of garbled.

The thing is, the Kenwood speakers sound really good. The bass seems pretty deep and the high end is crisp and clear without that normal car stereo shimmer. I will say that I found myself playing with the parametric EQ quite a bit to get the low end to sound good to my ear, but the speakers responded well.

One negative, is the metal part of the grill pops off easily. I put a little but of 3M strip caulk in there to hold them in place. Problem solved!

Summary: Even with the wimpy crossover, they play nice and loud without the need for an external amp, responds well to EQ boost without breaking up, very nice high end.

If you have limited depth, these are a great choice and for about $40 they are a GREAT DEAL!

Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kit Hi/Lo Setting 3 Years USA Warranty - 2 Seats
Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kit Hi/Lo Setting 3 Years USA Warranty - 2 Seats
Offered by Carbon fiber heating
Price: $60.00
3 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting your Seats Reupholstered? Now is the time., January 4, 2015
WOW what a great price. I got these because I was having my front seats reupholstered and thought now is the best time to add heated seats. When they arrived, I pulled the pads out of the kit and delivered them to the upholstery shop and they gladly put them in for no additional charge. I installed the wiring per the instructions (yes there are instructions) and replaced the switches with factory ones to match my dash switches. When the seats came in, I installed the seats, wired them up and all worked well. I would give them 5 stars but they don't get as hot as my wife's factory Lexus seats or don't heat up as fast.

that being said, they do work well! We live in Park City, UT where it can get VERY cold at night. Single digits are the norm during the winter and at the highest setting these pads to heat up my leather seats and after about 4 or 5 minutes feel nice and toasty. After about 20 minutes I drop them down to the low setting and am happy.

I don't know if I would have pulled my seats apart to install them, but for the price and since I was having new covers put on the seats anyway, I'm glad I decided to install them.

CrimeStopper SP-101 Car Security Alarm & Keyless Entry System with (4) Car Power Door Lock Actuator Motors
Offered by CrazyforDeals
Price: $46.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good system - dongle buttons too sensitive, January 4, 2015
I wanted keyless entry for my 1984 Mercedes G-Wagon and thought this would do the trick. I really did not care much about the alarm but I did want keyless entry. Others have talked about the need for a relay (or two) to make the actuators work properly and that was the case for me. I opted for the Install Essentials 451M Door Lock Relay Module because it has two relays in one and was easy to install. I also had to run wires to each door because I did not have existing power locks. I used the 6 SPOOLS 100' Feet 16 GA Gauge AWG Primary Remote Wire Auto Power Cable Stranded form Amazon as well. My door panels were off being recovered and the interior was removed so installation was easy.

Pluses:

* It worked on my old locks. I was worried because they were hard to turn with the key, but a little lubrication and the actuators worked fine.
* The range on the dongle is very good!
* The included horn for the alarm is nice
* Programming options are pretty good.

Minuses:
* It should have a separate dome light option. I had to design a circuit with a relay and diode to have the done light come on without setting off the alarm.
* The dongle is far to easy to set off. It locks the car all the time when just putting it into my pocket.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 10:26 AM PST

Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen Gold Portfolio 1981-2005
Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen Gold Portfolio 1981-2005
by R.M. Clarke
Price: $24.38
35 used & new from $16.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Simpley a Collection of Magazine Articles, December 24, 2014
I did not know that a Gold Portfolio was simply a collection of magazine articles, but that is exactly what this is. It is not a book written about the G-Wagen, it does not have any original content by any author. I did not see the "story of co-operation between keen rivals in the 4x4 field Diamler-Benz and Stiyer-Puch." That being said it is a nice collection and is a great way to go back in time and read the various reviews over the years. There are a lot of comparisons with other 4x4's starting in the early 80's and going through the late 90's. Most written by the British Press, guess what 4x4 the Brits preferred when the 460 was introduced? The Land Rover - I know right! Most of the information focuses on the 460 with some attention to the early 463.. There is also a nice defense contractor military review of the 461.

I wish they had listed the date and magazine the article was reprinted from, that would have added to the collection that would bring my rating up to a 4. There are some nice photos and some pretty good info, but this is NOT A DEFINITIVE BOOK ABOUT THE G-CLASS. If that is what you are looking for - continue your search!

Saicoo® USB 3.0 4in1 Digital Memory Card Reader/writer - with a 13cm flexible USB cord and dual SD / Micro SD slots for SDXC, UHS-I SD, SDHC, SD, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD, MMC
Offered by SaicooDirect
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works - but finicky plug, December 11, 2014
Works well only if I don't plut in the USB cable in all the way. At first I thought it did not work, then I pulled out the plug from the computer a bit and the lights came on. This was the case on two ports on the same Apple Mac pro. I'll test it on other computers later.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10