Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "unconventional mom of 2" RSS Feed (Carlsbad, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Greek Myths
Greek Myths
by Marcia Williams
Price: $8.09
109 used & new from $2.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Get it if you want your kids to learn about infanticide and torture, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Greek Myths (Paperback)
The reviews on this had me wondering if I had the same book because my 7 year old was absolutely horrified by this book!! I have several Greek myths for children types of books so I thought the comic book style would be a great progression, but they really didn't do anything to soften the stories for kids ... here's an example: in the story of Heracles, it depicts him being under the spell and murdering his children and then he goes off to find forgiveness ... really?! Infanticide is a bit out there and being as the book appears to be written for kids, I would have thought they would gear the stories towards a softer audience a little better. I'm not saying there should be no violence - that goes hand in hand with Greek myths, but that one was a deal breaker for us, so back it goes. Get the step into reading Greek myths books instead.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Still laugh when i think of it!!, June 2, 2013
Got this to use as a prank with my co-worker, and it was absolutely HILARIOUS!! Everyone but him noticed ... He got a ways home before some kids at a stop light told him about it...then he came back & put it on MY car, hahaha!!!
Love that It's a magnet, so no damage is done to the car.

Disney Fairies Pixie Porcelain Tea Set - 10 Pieces, serves 4
Disney Fairies Pixie Porcelain Tea Set - 10 Pieces, serves 4
Offered by MrIgotItAll
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $15.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute set ... but tiny..., March 9, 2013
This set is well made & pretty sturdy, so I think it's safe for little girls who like tea parties with their dolls. ;)

Amazon.com Store Card
Amazon.com Store Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Cancelling the card ... not at all what I thought..., March 9, 2013
I'm a HUGE Amazon junkie: I have a Kindle, Prime & shop Amazon all the time. The Amazon customer service, delivery, etc. has always been excellent & if there is a problem they ALWAYS come thru & make it right. This card may say Amazon, but it is actually from GECapital & their customer service SUCKS!! Their billing is from the dark ages - unlike Capital One, for example, getting your billing Cycle changed or getting credited-back for interest charged when you pay-off balances before the 6 month promo period is AWFUL!! I would pay-off my card & BLAM! they would do their big interest charge for the 3 month period all at once.
The front line people are polite, but that's about it... Amazon should not have hooked-up with these GE people... I'm cancelling this card & would warn others before you go getting one, too...

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars image is very dark, not as pictured, February 11, 2013
I probably should have returned it, but it was cheap enough that it would have cost just as much to send it back, so I didn't.
Just so you know, the image pictured is significantly lighter in tone than the one you get. In fact, it's so dark that its hard to make out the image ... So disappointed because this is a great shot in the movie!!

Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll
Monster High Travel Scaris Jinafire Long Doll
Offered by party favors club
Price: $22.52
167 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly cool doll!! DO NOT pay over $25, though!!, December 1, 2012
I FINALLY scored one of these & I have to say it ROCKS!! It is very detailed, as many of these MH dolls are, but this one is really exceptional! The details on the hair decoration, the scales, tail, WOW! I didn't take her out of the box as she's an Xmas gift.
Jinafire is pretty rare, so I had to work to get her, but let me reassure other parents: Be patient. Do NOT pay over $25 for these dolls! It encourages the "scalper" types.
Here's what you can do: Toys R Us open 'til 1am in December. Ask when their shipments come on & get there around Midnight. The boxes with the new dolls are labeled "Scaris". Each box has either 2 Jinafire or 2 Skelita dolls + the usual Rochelle, Clawdeen dolls. If you spot a "Scaris" box, just ask a worker to open it, they are very helpful - don't be shy. ;).
Happy hunting!!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 7:54 AM PST

MONSTER HIGH CREATE A MONSTER Torsos (Dragon, Sea Monster, Bee, Skeleton and Eye)

3.0 out of 5 stars Gotta have 'em - but buy somewhere else!, November 16, 2012
I looked at these on Amazon & since my kids are really into MH dolls, I knew I would end up getting them, but go to the Mattel website to buy them. Yes, you'll have to pay $4 for shipping and wait about a week, but I bought 2 packages of these @7.99/each and the sellers on Amazon want $35/each!! Shop around. You'll need them if your kids are into "building" their own Monster High dolls. Wish they came as part of the "Create a Monster" package to begin with though...

MGA Novi Stars Doll - Mae Tallick
MGA Novi Stars Doll - Mae Tallick
Offered by TSange's Books Plus
Price: $13.15
55 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars They wanted them ... Now, not so much, November 16, 2012
My girls (ages 5 & 7) were over the moon for these & I have to admit they are REALLY cute looking & I dig they way they sound, BUT ... they are really awful! It's almost like they were made for doll collectors not kids because they come apart really easily & the wigs don't stay on AT ALL. Also, don't brush the hair, because the fibers get very tangled & frizz up.
They were just ga-ga over them & wanted the whole collection after seeing the webisodes, but after we got this one they were done. At least they were somewhat cheap.
I wish they would not market to kids when it's obvious that they are not meant to be handled or played with.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2013 12:03 AM PDT

KERI: the SHOCKING true story of a child abused (child abuse true stories)
KERI: the SHOCKING true story of a child abused (child abuse true stories)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An important story for every adult to read!!!, June 8, 2012
I have read many autobiographies, but this one really touched me! I felt so much of the loneliness & despair this little girl must have felt that I could barely put it down, 'coz it felt like I was leavindetailed g her alone. The tremendous abuse detailed in this story left me feeling cold. I don't know how this little girl's family could turn their back on her! Even the Grandmother she so idolizes steps away in one of those "not my kid, not my problem". This child was let down at every turn, by all but a handful of people & her beloved pets. I bawled my eyes out at the loss of Tammi.
I would LOVE to find Keri's mother & let her know what I thought of her!! This is an important book because it tells us we must all band together to stop the abuse of children and animals! We must be aware of the things around us, trust our inner voices & MAKE IT OUR BUSINESS to take action on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.

VIZIO E3D320VX 32-Inch Class Theater 3D LCD HDTV with Internet Apps
VIZIO E3D320VX 32-Inch Class Theater 3D LCD HDTV with Internet Apps

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3D TV without breaking the bank!!, April 1, 2012
I bought this with my tax refund this year & I have to tell you that I LOVE THIS TV!!! We went to several stores & looked at a gazillion sets before I decided on this one. I wasn't about to go into debt for a TV, but our family really wanted to experience 3D @home. I really don't see any issues with lag or ghosting at all. I calibrated the TV & change settings often & have had no problems. One of the things I like the most is how easily it goes from 3D to 2D & how user friendly the apps, wireless, etc are to set-up - even for a neophite like me!
I got the set for $450 and it came with a screwdriver, 2 sets of passive glasses and the hardware for the base. I didn't care for their glasses, so I got the ones on Amazon made by LG (LG AG-F216 Cinema 3D Glasses Family Pack (6-Pairs) for 2011 LG 3D LED-LCD HDTVs and they are AWESOME. The LG family pack of glasses included 2 small kids glasses, 1 "junior" set, 1 frame-less adult pair & 2 "clip-on" glasses.
The picture is great & we make it a real event when we have our family movie night. Glad I got this one! You really don't need to spend $800+ on a solid 3D TV anymore!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3