Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Chekelea > Reviews

Browse

Chekelea's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chekelea RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Pink & Purple Peacock Design Wallet Leather Case for LG Optimus L90 with Kickstand
Offered by Charter-Inc
Price: $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Purchased it as a gift for an LG ..., June 24, 2016
Lovely case. Perfect. Purchased it as a gift for an LG Optimus L90 phone owner and the recipient loved it! Best part is the detachable handle, very convenient.

My Burger Shop
My Burger Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT GREAT, November 9, 2014
This review is from: My Burger Shop (App)
This is one of those games in which you need to buy gems to really get anywhere. The game is not fun enough in my opinion to justify having ads (which actually aren't so bad), in addition to all of the other catches. For example, not only do you have to pay for your upgrades with the in-app currency, but you have to wait sometimes HOURS for them to become available after you do so. There are also "boosts" to unlock with the passing levels. But you have to pay EVERY TIME in order to use them unlike other games that let you use the same ones over again. So I could never seem to make enough coins to buy all that I needed. There are also NO instructions as far as I can tell, there certainly isn't a tutorial, a sometimes tedious but very helpful step. I really want to give it 2 stars because I can't stand when these games try to nickel and dime you to death, but I also want to be fair and am trying to be more objective seeing as this bait and switch "FREE" games ploy isn't disappearing any time soon.

Delicious - Emily's Wonder Wedding
Delicious - Emily's Wonder Wedding

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT FREE! Trial game..., June 1, 2014
This game is not free. It requires you to pay to progress very quickly. They should have this at a flat rate but I suppose they realize not many people would buy it straight up at $5 considering the last Emily game I played was much cheaper than that and in my opinion more fun. This is deception! It is not worth the download or $5 for that matter.

BINGO! - Free Bingo Games! Play Online or Offline!
BINGO! - Free Bingo Games! Play Online or Offline!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the few pay for coin games..., May 18, 2013
This is one of the few games that makes you pay for coins that is actually possible to play without them. All the other games that eventually asks you to pay for coins in order to continue playing (for example to obtain special gems that allow you to buy cards or what have you) stall gameplay unless you buy them, and you have to keep doing it. Bingo Heaven gives you 10 free points a day and it is indeed fair and makes it easier to win the points in-game. Gameplay is fun, comes recommended.

Family Feud® & Friends
Family Feud® & Friends

1.0 out of 5 stars PAY FOR COINS?!!!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Family Feud® & Friends (App)
Where are all the games that DON'T require you to pay for coins? I thought, surely, I could escape all that with FAMILY FEUD. A well-respected game/brand. I was under the impression there was a free trial period, then you can pay for the entire game later.

Look, the gameplay is pretty fun, at least 4 stars alone. But this is ruined by the fact that you'll need to eventually buy coins (cheapest package is $2 for 10 coins, but trust me you'll need more) and if you're not so great at the game that's sooner than later.

Games that require you to buy coins are RIP-OFFS more often than not. I'd rather just pay a one-time fee and be done with it.

WOW...while trying to type this review on my Kindle it changed "rip offs" to "top notch" multiple times. So I had to hop on the computer and review it with FREE SPEECH. Because of that it goes down another star for forcing good opinions. Something similar happened before while I was reviewing items on my Kindle and I thought it was just me. Sad.

I'm Still Waiting
I'm Still Waiting
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Among Johnny's best..., April 27, 2013
This review is from: I'm Still Waiting (MP3 Music)
A wonderful ballad first released on the New Jack City soundtrack. It has a captivating, classic sound. As usual a superb vocal from Johnny filled with passion, longing and desperation for love. Produced by Randy Ran, this is a song for lovers of r&b/soul music and just for anyone in general who listens to good, heartbreaking music.

Style Me Girl - Free 3D Fashion Dressup
Style Me Girl - Free 3D Fashion Dressup

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth It, March 9, 2013
Gameplay is awesome, nice graphics but it is virtually impossible to continue without paying for extra gold "coins" or "dollars" Supposedly you can earn those special coins by opting to post game results to Twitter or Facebook but it never worked! I have Facebook and though the game said that I would receive 5 gold tokens they didn't appear in the game. So now I'm stuck. SHAME BECAUSE THE GAME HAS REAL POTENTIAL.

Fe Real
Fe Real
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $15.50
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT REPLAY VALUE, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Fe Real (Audio CD)
This is one of my favorite Maxi Priest albums. If I had to rank them, I would probably put Bonafide at #1 just before this one, but in some ways it better. It is important (for me) that an album has a consistent flow, that it has a cohesiveness. A perfect example of this is Stevie Wonder's Innervisions. I feel this album has that and each song on Fe Real transitions into the other smoothly.

This album is reflective of the mix of dance, reggae, r&b and pop that Maxi came to be known for and it is reflective of the times as well. Most of the songs on Fe Real are reggae influenced or reggae fusion, only 1 or 2 are devoid of or have minimal reggae flavor. There is also a strong r&b sound to this album. Still most of the songs maintain a reggae feel. Just for comparison's sake, Fe Real seems to have a stronger reggae presence than his previous album, Bonafide (or probably any album he released in the 90s) but it is also shorter by 2 songs.

Maxi Priest always sings with conviction and makes you believe his words. This album is no different. It left me wanting more, but it is well rounded and definitely worth purchasing. Fe Real has excellent replay value. And as usual quality lyrics. Great production by artists such as Sly Dunbar. This album gives an amazing feeling, sometimes joyful and other times blue, but always fe real.

1. CAN'T TURN AWAY - Always includes at least one socially conscious song on his album (it's usually a few but only one on Fe real) and this one brings the 90s flavor. Smooth and effective.

2. PROMISES - The background vocals (as evident on this song) are always wonderful on Maxi's albums. You can't help but sway to this one, optimistic or not.

3. JUST WANNA KNOW (UK MIX)- One of the more straightforward reggae tunes on the album. Nice rhythm.

4. GROOVIN IN THE MIDNIGHT - Another smooth track with a strong Marvin Gaye influence particularly in singing style. Heavy on the r&b, passionately sung. If you like Soul II Soul you'll love this.

5. MAKE MY DAY - A solid, fun track. Such a sweet song with a catchy chorus and melody and playful element to it.

6. TEN TO MIDNIGHT - Seductive, sexy reggae groove. With a slightly agressive approach. Great track.

7. ONE MORE CHANCE - Beautiful song, probably my favorite Maxi track out of them all. He sings it so sweetly, simple yet moving. It has that underlying reggae beat mixed with smooth R&B sounds.

***8. SUBLIME - This is the standout track! It has an INSANE intro. Wonderfully sung and arranged. Great song. Truly mesmerizing. This is where you know the album is a work of art.

9. AMAZED ARE WE - Great reggae song. Just beautiful. I love his singing, the tone of his voice, especially in the beginning. I always enjoy his phrasing. Love the melody and the lyrics. Great follow up to Sublime.

10. HARD TO GET - Good closing tune for the album. The subject matter is light but the music itself seems to leave a strong message.

Bonafide
Bonafide
Price: $11.94
17 used & new from $2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!!!, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Bonafide (Audio CD)
In his career, Maxi Priest has tackled roots reggae, straight r&b, pop, dancehall and of course lover's rock. Whether they are ballads or uptempo tunes he truly can sing anything. He has an innate ability to entertain with his lovely voice. Maxi is a charismatic and skilled performer as well and it shows in his music. Many people don't consider his music "real reggae" or some question Maxi Priest's credibility as a reggae artist. But I would consider him a reggae legend just for helping to change the face of reggae and expanding the culture/fanbase.

In my opinion this is his best overall effort but I enjoy all of his albums as each one shows a different side of Maxi. Anything by Maxi is worth a listen, but this album is an excellent starting point.

As usual Maxi Priest sings his heart out as real as if he is singing to his actual lover. When you hear his voice you hear his passion, longing, and desperation or simply his joy. He is very good at setting the atmosphere or mood. The songs all transition nicely and come together to create a consistent flow to the album. It is a mix of reggae, pop, r&b, and dance music with some songs leaning one way or the other. Some have a little of it all. Around the time that this album was released much of the music started to become more fusion. It was very popular at the time and Maxi Priest became known for his reggae fusion sound.

Every song on the album is wonderful, here are some of the standouts:

JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER - CLOSE TO YOU was the biggest hit from this album, and while I still love it. I've come to prefer JALBL as it has more of that type of reggae vibe that I like and the lyrics connect to me more.

BEST OF ME - This is probably my favorite song on the album. I love the lively trumpets in the beginning. I also enjoy the little additional musical sounds throughout the song (especially in the first half). The sentiment of the song sticks with me.

SPACE IN MY HEART - A heartbreaking, beautiful ballad. It is sung with such a picture of pain and sincerity. Produced by Jazzie B of Soul II Soul. R&B tune.

HUMAN WORK OF ART - A wonderful concept. Pleasantly well executed. Love the way he sings the chorus. Nice lighthearted beat.

YOU - Another passionately sad tune from Maxi. Moving and honest. Great reggae feel.

SURE FIRE LOVE - Had to mention this as it battles the sadness of the last track and for me they are like a pair. It's a straightforward upbeat love song, I appreciate the music and love the little "mannerisms" and pronunciations Maxi uses.

Love Ambition
Love Ambition
27 used & new from $5.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have voiced little Simba as well..., January 21, 2011
This review is from: Love Ambition (Audio CD)
...he has the charisma to pull it off as witnessed by his various television appearances before The Lion King and since. I know they went with big names for the casting and Johnathan Taylor Thomas was "hot" at the time and did a very good job with the voice. So I digress.

Jason Weaver handles this cd with a finesse and presentation beyond his years. If he didn't allude to his age a few times, one could almost forget he was not an adult when he recorded this. Not because he particularly SOUNDS grown, he just sings the songs with such passion and ease that you start to believe he knows what he's talking about. That's not easy to do considering the somewhat mature material, nothing vulgar but not what you'd expect to hear from a 15 year old, yet it's handled with taste. I'm sure being the son of singer/performer Kitty Haywood helped with that.

Great song selection. There is a definite MJ influence here which would be unavoidable coming off of "The Jacksons: An American Dream" and being under the wing of Motown, but it is not overkill. In fact it is slight but effective. Interestingly enough, it is most prevalent on "Ordinary Guy," one of the 2 songs The boys wrote, produced and lent their voices to. Not surprising knowing their connections to MJ. It's more vocal style than actual content though, Jason has his own style and incorporates other influences throughout. The songs have that classic 90s r&b feel. Stylistically it's slightly jazzy, sometimes smooth, other times modern (for the times) and a little rough but always to the point. Well written songs, superb background vocals, and top notch production makes it all come together nicely. The music creates a soothing, at times fun, almost therapeutic ambience.

My only compalint is that it could have been longer. It's even more bothersome knowing he never released another FULL album. I think Motown could have handled his career better but that is a discussion for another time and I'm not really trying to point fingers, I understand times change. With the talent Jason Weaver possesses (especially at such a tender age), it's a shame his career didn't blossom enough to match his talent. Still (and made all the more important by his absence from music over the years) this album is a must have. I would definitely recommend it.

All of the songs are fine tunes worthy of praise, but I'll mention a few:

LOVE AMBITION - a new classic jam, his most popular song
FOR THE LOVE OF YOU - Great take on the Isley classic
SO IN LOVE - Laidback groove
MY LOVE - Another smooth ballad, the other song "The Boys" lent their talent to.
I CAN'T STAND THE PAIN - With background vocals from Rahsaan Patterson how could I not mention just one more? Rahsaan ups the ante and Jason knocks it out of the park. His vocals are dead on and they complement each other well. Interestingly enough, Rahsaan also sings background on Love Ambition. Jason kills the vocals on that song. Keith Crouch produced, wrote and sang background on both songs (they were both singles), though he let R.P. shine on ICSTP.

Page: 1 | 2