Profile for H. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Smith RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Star Island (Skink Book 6)
Star Island (Skink Book 6)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his Bestt, June 22, 2014
Have read five of his books and I enjoyed this one the least... The plot was diluted and the characters seems bland compared to his other books... I have read other Hiaasen books (Skinny Dip, Nature Girl, Skin Tight & The Downhill Lie). Enjoyed Skinny Dip and Nature Girl the best. Recommend those.

Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel New
Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel New
Offered by BestChoiceproducts
Price: $54.95
4 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great but..., October 17, 2013
Have used this cart for my 14'6" kayak and it worked great once I purchased a second strap... this unit comes with one long strap that is difficult to use... suggest taking the supplied strap and tossing it in a draw and purchasing two shorter straps (10')... setup is easy... use the extended legs to keep the unit in position (front or back does not matter) ...I put the wheels directly under the seat of my boat but suggest putting it just behind the center of the boat then attaching one strap around the front bar and the boat and the second strap around the rear bar and boat... I found that this kept the kayak on the cart even when backing up and going over big rocks... that said now it is terrific.. oh the smell goes away after a time..

Casio HR-8TM Plus - Handheld Printing Calculator
Casio HR-8TM Plus - Handheld Printing Calculator
Price: $15.29
123 used & new from $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine Basic Desk Calculator, October 17, 2013
Small so fits on my desk without taking up too much room..easy to set up the auto add of the sales tax... prints clearly...works fast... keys feel firm...seems well made.. and the price is right... why pay more...

Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Under The Dome, Season 1 [HD]
Price: $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars If you are over 17 Don't Bother, October 17, 2013
This show is a complete waste of time unless you are a family with teenagers... then I would highly recommend it... otherwise stay away... it is a morality play designed to get young folks talking with their parents about what is right and wrong and the consequences of our decisions...I saw the whole series all at once and for me it was a waste of time... took nothing away ... left me disappointed and feeling like I was cheated in the end... may read the book since I believe that S King would never write this dribble.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 1:06 PM PDT

Hayward SPX1080EA Basket with Sleeve Handle Replacement for Select Hayward Automatic Skimmers
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $18.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it function but handle breaks too easily.., October 7, 2013
Purchased it so my hose to my in ground pool cleaner can go into the skimmer... works fine for its purpose but the plastic handle breaks too easily where it goes into the basket. Not sure why they don't use something metal instead. Yes it may be slightly more expensive but the unit would last years longer...guess I will just get some old copper wire lying around the house to fix it...

WIRED
WIRED
Price: $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and More Fun, October 7, 2013
This review is from: WIRED (Kindle Edition)
Had a lot of fun with this quick and easy read... moves quickly along, dots are nicely connected. Mostly a mystery novel with a Sci-Fi basis... not a must read and certainly not a Grapes of Wrath...just a nice escape..

Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Season 1
Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Season 1
DVD
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Me Pull a Rabbit out of a Hat..., October 7, 2013
Escape to Childhood. Plain and Simple...Maybe some will say a retiree looking at this has better things to do but I say NEVER!

Genuine Honda Parts 74825-S9A-003 Rear Gate Lift
Genuine Honda Parts 74825-S9A-003 Rear Gate Lift
Price: $69.90
2 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, May 23, 2013
At first purchased the aftermarket part to save cash but it did not dampen properly or safely so I returned it for this OEM part. Not sure if my aftermarket was defective or not but safety is more important then $30. Very happy with this unit. Works perfectly.

StrongArm 6213 Honda CR-V 2002-06 Rear Door Lift Support, Pack of 1
StrongArm 6213 Honda CR-V 2002-06 Rear Door Lift Support, Pack of 1
Price: $35.54
4 used & new from $35.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Dangerous, May 23, 2013
Not sure if mine was defective but this arm did not work like the OEM part. While there was some hydraulic operation the part failed miserably closing the door by not dampening properly. On level ground I could have kept this unit and saved the thirty dollars cost difference and lived with it but opening the door on slopes my safety was worth more than that. Other reviews stated their units worked like the OEM so I returned it as defective. Amazon asked no questions and I purchased the OEM which works perfectly.

Rain Bird SST600S - Simple to Set Indoor Timer Smart Controller 6-Zone
Rain Bird SST600S - Simple to Set Indoor Timer Smart Controller 6-Zone
Price: $139.78
3 used & new from $127.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use - Easy to Set up, March 12, 2013
First the positive - it went up very easy.. screw it into the wall and plug the wires to self locking receptacles. Programming is a snap... everything is separate. Just flip the knob around to the zone and press the control buttons and it is customized. Nice easy to read panel. Rain sensor seems to work good so far.. Sprinklers come on and off just like they are supposed to.

Here is what I don't like.. and maybe there is a trick I don't know... My first two zones are grass and shrubbery in the front yard but in my back yard it is all garden... no grass... this unit is set up for grass and shrubbery.... the unit asks for your Zip code to adjust the amount of water to the time of year and climate zone but works for all zones equally.. So if you have a garden, you may have to set those zones to water longer to "override" the auto reduction some times of the year but other times you want the reductions so it become a game to mess with this. I ran the attached CD but did not see it being much help. Looking forward to a unit what waters for what people have in their yards....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2013 7:13 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3