Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Daniel V. Reilly > Reviews

Browse

Daniel V. Reilly's Profile

Customer Reviews: 851

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel V. Reilly RSS Feed (Upstate New York, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InterDesign York Round Ceramic Soap Dispenser Pump for Kitchen, Bathroom Vanities - Light Gray/Chrome
Price: $15.73
3 used & new from $15.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional, July 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had a TON of problems with bathroom soap dispensers over the past few years, where the nozzle that dispenses the soap is not actually connected permanently, it is manufactured to just kind of sit there in a hole, and if you dispense one pump of soap too many, off it comes and down the drain it goes. (I now have about 5 soap-dispense nozzles sitting in the u-bend of my bathroom sink.) I haven't had that issue (YET....) with this dispenser, but I just noticed that another reviewer said that his spout popped off as soon as he used it, so.....I'm happy with the look and functionality of this soap dispenser, and I'll update the review if I have another nozzle join the crowd in my u-bend.

Cecil's Pride
Cecil's Pride
by Craig Hatkoff
Price: $13.79
52 used & new from $9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Heartbreaking, July 11, 2016
This review is from: Cecil's Pride (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked this up for my seven-year-old son, who is finally starting to enjoy reading. The text was perfect for his age, and the subject matter was engaging and thought-provoking, and led to many discussions about endangered species, preservation, and the life-cycle of lions. The photography is breathtaking, and my son and I both enjoyed this book a great deal. He has since revisited it numerous times on his own.

L'il Critters Barbie Complete Multivitamin Gummies, 190 Count
L'il Critters Barbie Complete Multivitamin Gummies, 190 Count
3 used & new from $14.15

4.0 out of 5 stars My Kids Love Lil' Critters Vitamins, June 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've been giving our two kids Lil' Critters vitamins for years...they love them, and my wife, who scrutinizes EVERYTHING, approves of them. As another reviewer noted, these Barbie vitamins, for some reason, smell and taste much better than the Super Mario vitamins that we've been using. The kids were very happy with the taste.

Angry Birds - Vinyl Knockout Playset
Angry Birds - Vinyl Knockout Playset
Price: $9.15
18 used & new from $9.15

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Game For Angry Birds Fans, June 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It seems like my seven-year-old son has been playing Angry Birds since he emerged from the womb, so this seemed like a safe bet for him. As expected, he loved it. He was quite taken with Red, who is made from a durable plastic...he's big and sturdy and can stand up to rough play. The rest of the set is not nearly as durable, and requires assembly, which didn't take long, but is kind of a pain. The boxes and pigs are cute, but you'll probably want to augment the set with other stackable objects to keep the game feeling fresh and interesting for younger players.

First Alert PR710 10-Year Photoelectric Smoke and Fire Detector
First Alert PR710 10-Year Photoelectric Smoke and Fire Detector
Price: $20.80
49 used & new from $9.56

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good..., June 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After nearly a month, I have yet to experience any of the false alarms that other reviewers have written about, so I'm pretty confident that the issue has been fixed. Other than that, there's not much to say about a product like this....You're basically putting your life in the hands of a device, and hoping it works as expected. I still have my battery-operated detector mounted nearby, until I'm totally certain this one works, but there have been no issues so far, and I'm excited by the prospect of not having to remember to change batteries every six months.

PureGuardian 4L Output per Day Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, Easy Quiet Operation, Night Light, Auto Shut-Off, Single Room, Home, Office, Nursery, H940
Offered by Pure+Clean
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Humidifier, June 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've become quite the humidifier connoisseur over the past few years......Good or bad, every one I've tried uses the hated wick, which inevitably gets smelly no matter now many times you flip it over or clean it. This has been working great, is easy to fill, and hasn't started to emit a sour smell, so....after a month of use, I'm pretty happy.

Double Cup Love: On the Trail of Family, Food, and Broken Hearts in China
Double Cup Love: On the Trail of Family, Food, and Broken Hearts in China
by Eddie Huang
Price: $16.07
66 used & new from $10.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Less Eddie + More China = Winning Book, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I came into this though ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat" series...I was offered a copy of this book to review, so I picked up Eddie Huang's first memoir, which was the inspiration for the TV show. I absolutely hated it. I thought that maybe it was just a case of Eddie Huang not coming across well in his book, so I watched a few episodes of his Vice TV show "Huang's World", and, no, I wasn't wrong. Huang comes off just as much of a jerk on TV as he does in his book. By now, I was already committed to review his latest, DOUBLE CUP LOVE: ON THE TRAIL OF FAMILY, FOOD, AND BROKEN HEARTS IN CHINA.

I really wasn't looking forward to reading this book at all, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it, in spite of the fact that Eddie Huang STILL comes across as an aging faux-gangsta hypocrite.

The new book starts off where the first one left off, as Eddie opens up a Manhattan restaurant called Baohaus, but quickly segues into a buddy road trip, as Eddie and his brothers decide to take a trip to China to see if they could cut it as food cart operators there. That goal really never materializes, but they do take a fascinating tour of China, and their encounters with fellow foodies and other average Chinese citizens are a revelation. Huang comes across some interesting characters there, and seeing their take on America, food, and the current state of China makes for some mesmerizing reading.

I still fervently wish that Huang would grow up a little, and ditch the endless outdated slang. Hearing (reading...) a grown man call women "shawties"...it's just ridiculous. Huang remains as hateful towards white folk and America as ever, but there's a lot less of his rants in this book, thankfully. I still find Eddie Huang to be a loathsome, stunted human being, but at least his trip to China yielded a good book.

Air Hogs, Batmobile Remote Control Vehicle
Air Hogs, Batmobile Remote Control Vehicle
Offered by Big Kart
Price: $45.00
38 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW., May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I loved the look of the Batmobile from the new Batman v. Superman film, and I was interested in picking up some kind of replica, be it toy, statue, paperweight, whatever. Actually having a beautifully detailed replica that you can control is all kinds of awesome. My son is seven, and the controls are easy enough that he can control the vehicle with no problem. I was impressed with how quiet it is and how fast it charges up, but the main thing about a toy like this is the fun factor, and this Batmobile has it in spades. We received this one from Air hogs in exchange for an honest review, but I already went out and bought another one, so my son and I could play together. Loads of fun, and highly recommended.

Kanye West Owes Me $300: And Other True Stories from a White Rapper Who Almost Made It Big
by Jensen Karp
Price: $15.37
68 used & new from $11.13

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hilarious Story of a Stifled Career...., May 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit, my insane hatred for Kanye West is what made me want to pick this book up. I had never heard of a rapper named Hot Karl, but the title of this book, and the promise of the author dishing the dirt on Kanye, proved to be an irresistible combination. Who would have guessed that Jensen Karp's autobiography would turn out to be both hilarious and inspirational?

Karp's story, on the surface, could be viewed as a kind of epic tragedy: A young white boy from an affluent neighborhood grows up listening to rap music, and finds that he has an aptitude for it. Through a series of serendipitous encounters, he is given a chance that any emerging artist would kill for: A million dollar record deal with Interscope. After a whirlwind honeymoon period, where money was no object, he records what could have been an amazing album, filled with famous and soon-to-be-famous guest performers, only to find the album shelved and his career cut short, supposedly because of another, more popular, white rapper's interference.

This description would lead you to believe that you're about to read a memoir by a stifled, bitter almost-was, but the truth is that Jensen "Hot Karl" Karp is a funny, well-adjusted man who seems truly appreciative of the opportunities that he was given, and finds the humor in some of the truly unusual situations that he has found himself in.

Karp peppers his story with random celebrity encounters, stories from his recording sessions, and funny anecdotes about how his family and friends perceived his burgeoning career. He also has sections devoted to some of his songs, including annotations. I'm sitting here now listening to some of Hot Karl's music, and I have to say, I really like it....aside from the humorous slant of his lyrics, I really don't see any similarities to Eminem...Karp has a totally different voice and delivery, and he doesn't come off as any angry, entitled douchebag like Marshall Mathers does. Give me Hot Karl any day of the week.

The only complaint that I have about this book is that it was too short...I would have liked a few more chapters detailing what Karp has been up to since his rap career ended. The book's Postscript and "About the Author" page gives a little information about what he's been up to (Including writing for The WWE and co-owning an art gallery), and it seems like he's landed on his feet, but I had such a good time reading his book that I didn't want it to end. Hopefully, he's got enough left for a sequel.

Jarrow Formulas Yum-Yum PS 100 Gummies, Promotes Brain Function, 60 Gummy Chews
Jarrow Formulas Yum-Yum PS 100 Gummies, Promotes Brain Function, 60 Gummy Chews
Price: $16.77
13 used & new from $16.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Horrific, My Brain Is Still Old...., April 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a 45-year-old, I've been noticing that trivial little things, like the names of actors, or the issue of The Amazing Spider-Man where he threw his clone down a smokestack, have become more an more elusive. (Thank God for the internet!) I thought these gummies might prove an interesting experiment; I wasn't expecting much, but if they helped...awesome.

Well, they didn't help. I'm still occasionally foggy about the odd fact, and still worried about becoming an early-Alzheimer's patient. I will say that, as a person with a small child who consumes vitamin and fiber gummies, these taste absolutely horrific. In hindsight, they DO taste like strawberries....dehydrated, desiccated strawberries that have been lying in the sun and rotting. Plus, these things stick to your teeth like nobodies business, which is not only gross, it'll speed up the cavity-making process if you don't get them off.

Overall, I was less than impressed. But I'll probably soon forget that I ever tried these gummies.....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20