Profile for Indica Wilde > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Indica Wilde RSS Feed (Venice, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Join Us
Join Us
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best doc about a cult I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot!), January 15, 2015
This review is from: Join Us (Amazon Instant Video)
You might say that I am a cult enthusiast. If something concerns a cult, I am all over it. With that in mind, THIS IS THE BEST DOC ABOUT A CULT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. It goes way, way beyond "whoa, look how weird these people are" and looks at the dynamics that lead to the cult phenomena. As someone who has been obsessed with the questions of "Why" and "How" surrounding cults, I have so many more answers after watching this than I ever thought I would. Superb film making, truly.

Pajama Drama Super Soft Black V-Neck Longsleeve Pajama Set - (Black, Med)
Pajama Drama Super Soft Black V-Neck Longsleeve Pajama Set - (Black, Med)
Offered by Sleepyheads

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Wanted, January 9, 2015
So comfy, and fits perfectly if you order a size up (although I am usually small and usually get medium pajamas anyway). I wanted something comfy but also somewhat elegant and non-frumpy. The satin details are nice and the cut is flattering. I'm really pleased.

Tristan And Isolde
Tristan And Isolde
DVD
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Sort of a war movie..., December 22, 2014
If you want to cry your eyes out for the sake of love, this might not be your movie. It's a sad story and everything but somehow I just didn't care enough to cry. But if you like sword fighting scenes and castles, yes!

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves: A Novel
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves: A Novel
by Karen Joy Fowler
Price: $13.60
158 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it immediately if you don't mind crying your eyes out, April 22, 2014
So, so, so well written and gripping. I read almost all of it in a night, dreampt about it all night, and then finished it the next day. Heartbreaking, haunting, and so real. Highly recommended, especially if you don't mind crying your eyes out.

The Silent Wife: A Novel
The Silent Wife: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 22, 2013
Really really smart, unpredictable, gripping, and relevant. For those of us for whom honest, forthright, loving communication in your romantic relationship is tantamount to fresh air and clean water, it's your very worst nightmare. I loved the far-reaching psychological depths that spanned generations. A masterful book and satisfying read.

The Never List: A Novel
The Never List: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is to Gone Girl like..., July 22, 2013
This book is to Gone Girl like Saw III is to Taxi Driver. Like microwave, meat lover's pizza is to a gourmet, vegetarian Italian meal. Like your teenage nephew's goth punk garage band is to The Beatles. I am normally a "if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all" sort of reviewer, but for the sake of my fellow Gillian Flynn fans, and because of the comparisons in reviews (which caused me to buy this book) I just had to distinguish one from the other. Same genre, same medium, totally different caliber. Totally. Different.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2013 3:15 PM PDT

The Bling Ring: How a Gang of Fame-Obsessed Teens Ripped Off Hollywood and Shocked the World
by Nancy Jo Sales
Price: $10.95
244 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, Engrossing, Intelligent, July 6, 2013
I couldn't put this book down and was fascinated by the author's ideas about our starstruck, reality show culture. My only complaint is that sometimes the author's judgmental tone didn't seem warranted to me. For example, she bemoans the facts that Victoria's Secret sells a line underwear that children sometimes wear (really!?), and that a 20 year old girl might teach a pole dancing class (gasp!). Also, all of the "youth, and Los Angeles in general, are so embarrassingly fame-obsessed" talk seemed a little hypocritical coming from a Vanity Fair staff writer who opened the book by talking (bragging?) about how chatty and chummy she's been with Sofia Coppola lately. All that being said - totally engrossing and fascinating! I recommend it.

Crazy Rich Asians
Crazy Rich Asians
by Kevin Kwan
Price: $18.09
121 used & new from $0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars For Edith Wharton and Downton Abbey fans craving something modern, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Crazy Rich Asians (Hardcover)
I loved this book. I read it in one day. All the story lines were engrossing and it was a feast for the senses. It scratched the Downton and Wharton itch while staying modern - plus it was far less dreary and depressing. A perfect summer read and a fun, voyeuristic look into a world most of us didn't know about and will never see. An amazing debut, and I find myself already fantasizing about a sequel.

Mio Lounge Adore Blush Cameo Satin Robe Small/Medium
Mio Lounge Adore Blush Cameo Satin Robe Small/Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, June 4, 2013
Super high quality, luxurious, lovely. Just like the picture. It was totally worth the wait (it comes from the UK).

Yaha! By Soda Peep Toe Woven Espadrille Jute Platform Wedge Shoes in Dark Gray Linen

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them - also, some advice:, May 14, 2013
I got these shoes because I tried on the TOMS version and LOVED them, but alas, the sole was leather and they were not vegan. When these ones arrived, I loved the way they looked so much that I was determined to make them work despite the fact that they pinched my toe and hurt my heel. (I got a 6 even though I usually wear 6.5, because someone mentioned that they slide on the heel.) I am happy to say that I cracked the code, though it did take a little work. First, I wore them around the house with thick athletic socks to break them in. Then, I got Dr. Scholls' gel heel inserts (have to be the gel - I tried the others) and nestled them in the back. Now, they are actually comfortable. I can wear them on walks even (provided they aren't LONG walks - walks down the block). One more little thing - the heel peels off sometimes and I have to superglue it back. So, the four stars are because I love them SO much, and they're finally comfortable. Only one star off for all the hard work and scheming on my part. But in my opinion, it's been worth it. I'd buy these again (and probably will).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3