Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Geraldine > Reviews

Browse

Geraldine's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Geraldine RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tommy Bahama Oh Cay TB7022 Polarized Rectangular Sunglasses,Gold,59 mm
Tommy Bahama Oh Cay TB7022 Polarized Rectangular Sunglasses,Gold,59 mm
Price: $107.20
2 used & new from $107.20

4.0 out of 5 stars They are nice looking and light weight, July 1, 2015
I got these for about $25 on a fire sale or something. it says they normally cost over 100 I would never pay that much for them. but based on how how much I paid this is how I would review them.
PROS: I have a small face and these actually fit. They are nice looking and light weight.
CONS: they feel a bit cheap and flimsy.
SUMMARY: recommend of you pay less than $30 and have a small/smallish face.

Amici Valencia Double Old Fashioned Glasses, 6 oz - Set of 6
Amici Valencia Double Old Fashioned Glasses, 6 oz - Set of 6

3.0 out of 5 stars Right size and quality, cute, odd to drink from, February 1, 2015
PROS: Cute, sturdy, perfect size
CONS: I believe this is actually intended as a candle holder as opposed to glass. The inside of the lip is slightly hard and although you won't hurt yourself drinking from it, it is definitely noticeable and less pleasant. After noticing this, a quick internet search had these same "glasses" selling as candle holders
SUMMARY: if I could find something similarly sized and attractive I would get something else but I looked high/low and this is what I found so will be happy with them.

Amazon Photos - Cloud Drive Storage, Backup, and Photo Sharing
Amazon Photos - Cloud Drive Storage, Backup, and Photo Sharing
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow slow bring your internet to a snail crawl slow, January 1, 2015
PROS: Unlimited (so I'm understanding) free photo storage for PRIME customer. 5GB free other storage
CONS: SLOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! I tried the app which never worked now am using the browser-based access. The upload process is so slow I can't even complete the load before having to cancel because it has crippled my internet and i have other things to do.
RECOMMEND: No, Dropbox and Google Drive are a million times better.
NOTE: I'm hoping because this is Amazon's first forray into true end user storage they will improve so will continue to check back and see how things are going.

Plugable USB 3.0 to VGA / DVI / HDMI Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 2048x1152 / 1920x1080 (Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 7, XP)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $47.95
4 used & new from $38.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Broken...but, low risk b/c of customer service, July 10, 2014
PROS: Worked great for a time
CONS: Broke - components inside came apart

Too bad, I LOVE the plugable docking station and I had high hopes for this but it just fell apart.

Jul 22 update: Seller contacted me after seeing review and we resolved. They have great customer service so I upped a star because if it works for you it works, if you have a problem you will likely get it resolved.

Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus NP940X3G-K04US 13.3-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Mineral Ash Black)
13 used & new from $999.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Work of art, July 10, 2014
PROS: Fast, sleek, powerful, work of art!!
CONS: Shiny screen

I love this ultrabook! I am a IT solution developer and have all kinds of apps installed on this, including SQL 2012, and full Visual Studio. It is indeed my office in a...notebook. When home I seamlessly plug it into my plugable docking station to extend to 2 additional monitors, full size keyboard and mouse, speakers, video/mic, printer, and external hard-drive.

The keyboard feels very roomy and buttons are sleek but have nice touch and very responsive. The screen is unbelievably amazing for video and photos but is shiny so may be annoying in certain lighting. As a lefty who does not switch buttons, I've never liked the touchpad so my opinion is useless. I've not had any issues with drivers or such - it does come with a Samsung utility that constantly looks for software and driver updates, which is slightly annoying for someone who just likes to control the whole process, but I did let it apply some updates (including firmware) and there were no issues.

I do have issues with Win8 app font sizing (rendering some of them useless on extended monitors) and some command and property boxes also have a font size that can even make it impossible for me to see options, but I suspect this is Win8 issue so can hardly blame Samsung.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Case, Galaxy S5 Phone Case [RUBBER] by Cable and Case(TM) - Transparent Blue Soft Non-Slip Soft Jelly Skin Cover With Vibrant Trendy Colors And Sure Grip Texture (Samsung Galaxy S5, Blue)
Offered by Cable and Case
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sleek no-slip design, difficult buttons, July 10, 2014
PROS: sleek, comfortable, no slip
CONS: poorly designed buttons - hard to use and can magically work on their own (too much pressure on phone buttons)

I've discovered it's really hard to find a good phone cover, especially for the Galaxy S5 because the cover can put the size of phone slightly over the edge and make it hard to hold. This case is great in the hand (I am a woman and don't have long fingers), but the buttons can be difficult to naturally find and press...giving it some leeway b/c of price and if it weren't for this issue would give it 5 stars.

Premium Jumbo Car Folding Spring Sun Shade for vans, SUVs, or cars with larger windshield
Offered by Seatech Inc.
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at low price, too small for Honda Fit 2011, July 2, 2014
Pros: Low price, decent quality, square design ensures good coverage (if it fits)

Cons: 1/3 of shade is NOT silver/reflective so is probably less effective that it could be; too small for my 2011 Honda Fit but my friend took - she has an Audi A3 and it's a bit big but works fine anyway

This is supposed to be jumbo but was too small for my 2011 Honda Fit - could not even hold it up with visors down. Also, not sure why the shade doesn't have reflective material on the entire top surface - 1/3 of shade is a dark gray which will probably just absorb heat (does not look like picture). Seems like a design flaw. However, for price it seems quality and will probably work fine for most.

Galaxy S5 Case, Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging -Reventon Yellow (SGP10775)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $21.77
4 used & new from $9.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, good fit, May 23, 2014
Pros: Looks great and has a nice snug fit; buttons are nice and easy to locate and press
Cons: outer edge is slick and not easy to grip

This is a great cover and I expect to continue to use. I wish the sides weren't so slippery. Normally this wouldn't bother me so much but the S5 is slightly larger than by previous phone and the combination of size and grip make it difficult to operate one handed.

NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3000)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3000)
Price: Click here to see our price
47 used & new from $65.77

2.0 out of 5 stars WiFi is SLOOWWWW, May 10, 2014
PROS: easy to set up; worked great wired
CONS: wifi speeds HORRIBLE!
OTHER: never tried to connect an external drive though that was the plan - saw other review, sounds like I dodged a bullet

I bought this router because I was switching from AT&T to Time Warner and didn't want to rent the modem. Everything set up fine and it was a breeze to get connected, however, I ran some speed tests (...) before shutting down AT&T service - went to different parts of house and tested wifi and also tested both wired. The results were surprising - my AT&T which is lowest service you can get, consistently outperformed with about 70-80% better download and 30% better upload speeds. As I got closer to Netgear, ti did perform better but never outperformed AT&T at even the furthest location.

Then I wired them - AT&T router performed the same wired or wifi, while the Netgear doubled in download speed wired (same upload - like Time Warner caps it there). Since I was speed testing, thought I'd check my Verizon hot spot over cell (disconnected from the wifi's in the house) - it WAY outperformed the ALL the wifi in the house.

So, I'm going to research a new router with better wifi capabilities and return this product.

May 13 UPDATE: To solve my problem, I purchased a cable modem and router separately. Apparently, combos are notorious for poor WiFi, which since I don't have remotely the fastest internet service I didn't think would impact me. It did! I was OK to pay more if it helped and I am now getting WiFi speeds equal to wired using relatively cheap Netgear cable modem (CMD31T) and Netgear Nighthawk router (this is the important part).
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2015 8:38 PM PST

Samsung OEM 1800mAh EB625152VA Standard Battery for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch d710 for Sprint
Offered by Theo&Cleo
Price: $5.59
26 used & new from $1.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much juice, March 5, 2014
This were supposedly Samsung which should be as good as the original but the battery I got did not provide any more juice than the worn out batteries I was trying to replace.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4