Profile for Lila B > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lila B RSS Feed (Reston, VA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Krusteaz No Knead Italian Herb Artisan Bread Mix, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Krusteaz No Knead Italian Herb Artisan Bread Mix, 14-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Offered by Deb's Buried Treasure
Price: $29.71
9 used & new from $22.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, tasteless and bland!, November 22, 2012
I'm not sure what all the raving is about, this bread is bland, almost tasteless... certainly NO trace of "herb" at all. While the texture was nice and the loaf LOOKED gorgeous, the bread itself was extremely blah.

Followed directions exactly for my 2lb bread machine. Yuck. Gave the other three boxes away after the first one turned out so blech. I won't be buying any more of this.

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Island Coconut 24count
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Island Coconut 24count
Offered by Deals On Call
Price: $18.29
16 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't know what the raving is about, April 21, 2011
I was expecting more (much more actually) after reading the reviews. And for the record, I really like coconut. But maybe it's that I really like REAL coconut. As for this coffee? It's okay, that's about the best I can say for it. Flavor is rather synthetic and seems to vary from pod to pod. Smell is nice. It isn't the worst flavored coffee I've ever had, but it ain't a "contenda" for a regular spot on my shelf.

I love (and drink) many flavored coffees but I can't see going out of my way for this one again...maybe if I find it on clearance or something.

Green Mountain's Pumpkin Spice.. now THERE is a flavored coffee (another limited edition) that is superb (and I stock up with half a dozen or so boxes when its available). This one? Meh at best.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2012 10:30 AM PDT

Van Houtte Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee, Light Roast, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig K-Cup Brewers 24-Count  (Pack of 2)
Van Houtte Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee, Light Roast, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig K-Cup Brewers 24-Count (Pack of 2)
Price: $31.97
9 used & new from $25.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible waste of chocolate and raspberry flavors, March 27, 2011
I LOVE chocolate and adore raspberries (Godiva Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles were my idea of heaven). This coffee has been a major disappointment. I drink a lot of flavored coffees and decided to try this one due to the rave reviews and being a combo of two of my favorite flavors.

I've gone through one box, and am either giving the second one away (if I can find someone to take it) or just pitching it. The quality control on the flavorings is HORRIBLE. One kcup will be actually almost pleasant (though the raspberry overtones *always* have a "tinny" aftertaste), and the next will be so strong in both scent and flavor that it is unbearable and gets dumped.

If the flavor/strength of the chocolate and raspberry were consistent throughout, it would be two and a half stars. As it stands, it's more of a waste of water and electricity.

Maytex Zen Garden PEVA Shower Curtain
Maytex Zen Garden PEVA Shower Curtain
Price: $9.98
9 used & new from $8.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but not rave-worthy, April 11, 2010
The pattern on this curtain is fairly muted (which I wanted). Like another reviewer mentioned, the holes at the top to put the shower curtain rings through weren't completely punched out. A minor annoyance, but not a deal-breaker. It also was very free of the usual "vinyl shower curtain stench", which was quite appreciated. It wasn't as long as I was expecting. While it did go below the top edge of the tub, it was shorter than the curtain (fabric) that it replaced. If you're very fussy or have precise expectations, measure to make sure. Since it wasn't a major issue for me, I'm keeping it.

All in all, it's a "like" and "functional" but not a "l Iove it!" item.

Timothy's World Coffee, Sugar Bush Maple, 24-Count K-Cups for Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in this coffee, April 10, 2010
I have liked every other coffee (and the chai tea!) I've gotten from Timothy's.... but this one isn't up to par on flavor OR scent. Like another reviewer said, there's about zero flavor--certainly not what I was expecting after reading all the reviews talking this brew up so highly. The scent seemed artificial the first cup I brewed, but either I got used to it or that first pod was an anomaly. It also, although mild, seemed to have a slightly bitter undertone to the coffee--something that no other Timothy's (or any of the others I have here) demonstrate. It's not really strong, but it's there in the background.

After all the RAVE reviews, I was SO excited to get and try this coffee. Now that I have made half a dozen cups of it my attitude is "Who are you kidding?" I am SO glad I only ordered the two boxes and didn't "stock up" like others were talking about. It isn't awful, mind you, it just isn't all that good and it certainly isn't exciting or mouthwatering or "to die for" in my book. While I won't throw it out or give it away, I can't see myself reordering this one when there are other flavored coffees out there that are much better tasting to me. So your mileage may vary... if you get it and love it, you'll probably really love it. I'm not in that camp and will pass on this flavor once this order is gone.

Vital & Delicious Deep Chocolate VitaTops , 2-Ounce Units (Pack of 24)
Vital & Delicious Deep Chocolate VitaTops , 2-Ounce Units (Pack of 24)
Price: $37.37
3 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chocolate VitaTop!, February 27, 2010
My favorite chocolate VitaTop. I nuke 20-30 sec from frozen and they're warm, moist and the chips are just a touch melty.... GREAT as a treat or when I'm having a chocolate craving! One WW point and actually have nutritional value. These are one of my staple items in the freezer and have kept me from "falling off the wagon" and eating everything in sight when one of those chocolate cravings hits (more than once!).

Vital & Delicious Cran Bran VitaTops , 2-Ounce Units (Pack of 24)
Vital & Delicious Cran Bran VitaTops , 2-Ounce Units (Pack of 24)
Price: $33.48
3 used & new from $27.85

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite (non chocolate) VitaTop!, February 27, 2010
These are (as the title indicates) my very favorite VitaTop. I nuke them for 20-30 seconds from frozen and they're moist and the cranberries seem to add a pop of flavor (but in the interests of full disclosure, I LOVE CRANBERRIES). I have bought these repeatedly and never tired of them, they're one of my breakfast staples along with yogurt and fruit. These are better than the BlueBran or AppleBerryBran, in my opinion and give just a bit of sweet along with the fiber. Highly recommend these... great nutritional value for the caloric expenditure. And with Prime (free shipping) the cost is better than ordering direct!

FiberGourmet Mac-mmm-Cheese, 7.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
FiberGourmet Mac-mmm-Cheese, 7.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Offered by *Dolly's Kitchen
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not really something to write home about, February 27, 2010
I'd heard a lot of raving how great the FIber Gourmet Mac'n Cheese is over on the Weight Watcher boards, and the reviews here were all glowingly positive. So I ordered a six-pack. Have made it twice so far, following package directions EXACTLY and .... meh. Yes it is much lower in calories (and I suppose in guilt) but there's not much taste there. It does fill you up (anything loaded with fiber will, of course). Made according to directions there's VERY little cheese flavor and the "sauce" is flat.

I've added cheese both times I've made it to get it to taste somewhere close to "real" Mac 'n Cheese (and counted the additional points). I'm simply not impressed with the product. It's not horrible, but it isn't something I'm going to re-order once I get done with the other four boxes. You'd do better with Dreamfield's pasta and your own cheese sauce made with reduced fat cheese in my opinion.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 12:08 PM PST

Timothy's World Tea, Chai Tea, 24-Count K-Cups For Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)
Timothy's World Tea, Chai Tea, 24-Count K-Cups For Keurig Brewers (Pack of 2)
Offered by JavaFly
Price: $45.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good chai, February 27, 2010
I like chai and I've had various coffee shop chais, and home-created versions with "grandma's spices from the old country" as well as the concentrate and powered kinds. All in all, this one is pretty good. Can't beat the convenience of the "one pod, one cup, brew right this minute" that the Keurig enables. Buying through Amazon with Prime for free shipping makes the cost quite reasonable as well. Is it the very best chai I've ever had? No, that was one of those "grandma's spices" recipes. This ranks up there as a pretty good (and FAST) alternative though. I've ordered this several times and it's one of my K-Cup staples.

Gloria Jean's K-Cup, Pumpkin Spice, 24-Count Box
Gloria Jean's K-Cup, Pumpkin Spice, 24-Count Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Great Pumpkin, but a very good one indeed, December 2, 2009
This is a very nice sipping coffee. Not too strong, not too weak. The pumpkin flavor and scent are pleasing, not over the top or done in a heavy handed manner. Everyone who's sampled it here has liked it. Not sure if it is available year round or is seasonal, but I will re-order it to have on hand for as long as I can. Excellent with a slice of pumpkin bread, too!

Page: 1 | 2