Profile for Thomman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomman "gadgetfreak" RSS Feed (CA,USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Last Stand [HD]
The Last Stand [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars nearly a waste of time.., March 7, 2014
If you can believe it, Schwarzenegger is getting worse at acting :) Of course, you don't watch his movies to enjoy method acting, but this was pretty poor even for action sequences. They have also wasted Whitaker. Not recommended. At all.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice plot and nice narration.., December 14, 2013
overall a very good read through and through. I went ahead and read books 2 and 3 in the series as well. It is going downhill from here all the way through to book 3. By end of book 3 you wish you hadn't read it. The characters, especially Katniss, loses her identity :( But the first book is awesome.

Citizen Women's EW9990-54E "Silhouette" Stainless Steel Eco Drive Bangle Watch
Citizen Women's EW9990-54E "Silhouette" Stainless Steel Eco Drive Bangle Watch
Price: $133.33
12 used & new from $133.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard to unlock the bracelet, July 8, 2013
I couldn't unlock the bracelet by myself. I had to always depend on my husband. He also mentioned that it is not very easy to unlock it. So I ended up returning it

Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices
Price: $35.30
12 used & new from $18.56

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor.., June 24, 2013
One of my rare missteps in technology products..

Biggest problem: it doesnt hold charge very long. I think it discharges even when switched off. If I charge for a whole day, switch it off and try to use it a day later, it would be off. Good thing is it works while charging (i.e. if it is connected to power). I might have just got a lemon. But I was past the return window, so I couldnt return it.

The next biggest problem: the volume is VERY low. I have to set my receiver to levels I dont normally set to hear anything from this.

A good: It came with all sorts cables. The bad? They seem to be too thick to get into my headphones (which is an audio-technica NC7) :(

Will I buy it again? Absolutely not. I should have just stuck with one of those wired connections.

Zoom 5341 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem 5341J
Zoom 5341 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem 5341J
Offered by Bargain Equipment
Price: $68.95
48 used & new from $57.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic router.. works well with Time Warner in southern CA, June 24, 2013
It has been about 6 weeks since I installed it with Time Warner broadband's 15mbps connection. It has been working very well since, and I've never had to reboot it. The speed is very consistent as well. Saving about $5 of the stupid modem rental fee every month now. No complaints what so ever.

Premier Custom Fit 3-piece Set All One Piece Carpet Floor Mats for Honda Odyssey (Premium Nylon, Black)
Price: $55.10
4 used & new from $55.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough for 2010 Honda Odyssey Touring, June 9, 2013
The trims are not very precise on the front row, but it covers fairly well. Second row and third row are perfect. It doesn't have the OEM-like 3-piece middle row, so you have to remove the whole mat to access the hidden storage compartment. But the OEM mats cost $150+ per set, so no complaints there.

These mats are pretty well-made, and much better than the ones you can get from walmart or target (which also arent as big as these). I would highly recommend these, unless you are prepared to spend $150+ for the set.

Bolero (A Nick Sayler Novel)
Bolero (A Nick Sayler Novel)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok novel..for me anyways, April 28, 2013
I like fast paced novels, especially in this genre. This isn't very. The author keeps wandering from the plot, explaining stuff that doesn't have much connection with the story (historical mostly, about something or some place). The hero is nothing like Jack Reacher (in fact, Sayler does joke about Reacher "Yeah, and I am Jack Reacher" to respond to something unrealistic). But not everybody needs to be Reacher, and I kind of liked him, but I don't think I liked him enough to read another with him on the lead.

iOttie Easy View Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7) /5s/5c/4s - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $13.99
13 used & new from $10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars bad release mechanism.., March 12, 2013
I bought the iOttie EasyView after having a great experience with iOttie Easy One Touch. Did that mainly for the looks. That was a bad decision :( Should have gone for another One Touch.

The EasyVIew is easy to install and view, and looks better than the OneTouch. It sticks, from what I can tell, just as good (or as bad, if you are trying to remove it) the OneTouch: near impossible to remove. If/when you manage to remove it from the dash/windshield, it comes off clean - no residues at all. Putting your phone on the mount is just as easy as OneTouch. Those are all good.

The problem is with removing your phone. Unlike the OneTouch, the EasyView requires you to pull on one of the "arms" on the side. The problem with that is, it exerts severe pressure on the "neck" and the "foot" of the mount. In my case, the foot really held on well, but the "neck" didn't. No matter how tight I set it, after removing the phone a couple of times, the neck turns to whichever side you are pulling to release it. In other words, after every few removals you have to re-adjust the neck. Though the foot holds on well, I can see how it gets exerted, and I am not sure how long it will be before I have to re-stick that too.

For me it is way too much trouble for nice looks. I will most likely get another One Touch. Or something else. The EasyView is going back.

Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control - Silver (915-000159)
Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Control - Silver (915-000159)
Price: $67.99
29 used & new from $41.99

2.0 out of 5 stars good remote, if you can configure it well and terrible customer service, December 21, 2012
I guess most people know about Harmonys now. They are dead useful and highly customizable. The biggest problem is to configure their newer remotes you need to use their web-based tool. That would have been alright if the tool worked reliably; but it doesnt. I bought the remote last month. The webtool worked without a hitch first time I configured it. The problem started one week later when I tried to do some modifications to button assignment. The tool complained it cannot sync with the remote. I tried disconnecting/reconning the USB cable, rebooting the computer (running windows 7), different browsers, replacing the battery - none worked. I left it there thinking it must be temporary problem. I have now been trying again since yesterday, and I run in to the same problem! When I look at their website, there are many occurrences of this. Apparently they do periodic maintenance on their website that lasts weeks, and during that phase people cant access their account or customize their remotes! WOW..

The customer rep I talked to was totally clueless.. despite telling her I have rebooted/reconnected etc she still made me do the same thing all over again, then asked me to charge the remote (which is Harmony 650 with no built-in rechargeable battery!!) for at least 4 hours!!! She then talked to "server team" and recommended "try after a couple of hours". When I told her I have been trying since yesterday, she says it has been that way for the past month or so, and many customers have been calling. And to top it off, she closed the case right after I got off the phone as 'resolved', and sends me a 'survey' request. How thick can customer service be?

The remote still works with its initial settings. So I guess I will keep it. Amazon will take it back, but I dont feel like punishing Amazon for this. Logitech has certainly lost a customer.

Black & Decker CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer
Black & Decker CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer
Price: $16.81
122 used & new from $11.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, and clean, March 23, 2012
Of course, you can get juice from orange :) We have a more expensive ($50) Hamilton Beach juicer that works well too, but it is too big and hard to to clean. It works on all kinds of fruits, while this works only on citrus. But for citrus (which is pretty much all we use it for anyway) this juicer works just as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6