Profile for mlfarr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mlfarr RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
RETURN TO JARROW: the deeply moving and uplifting sequel to A Child of Jarrow (The Jarrow Trilogy Book 3)
Price: $2.51

4.0 out of 5 stars What a life., July 23, 2014
This book inspired by the life of Catherine Cookson, is one full of sorrow, forgiveness, love, strength and compassion. She had a hard life.

A CHILD OF JARROW: the compelling sequel to The Jarrow Lass (The Jarrow Trilogy Book 2)
Price: $2.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read., July 16, 2014
Enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down even though at times it was very depressing to see such raw family disputes.

The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg #1)
The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg #1)
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could use more follow up to story, April 16, 2014
I would have given a higher rating if the ending didn't just leave me feeling like I wasted my time reading the book. I felt that I had just been left hanging without finishing the story and finding out how the lives of the people in the book resolved. I understand that the author is wanting to start the continuation to another book but I wanted to have resolved what happened to the people and families the story was about.

My Beloved Son
My Beloved Son
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, February 4, 2014
This review is from: My Beloved Son (Kindle Edition)
This is the fourth book I have read by Catherine Cookson and I just want to keep reading more. I start to read other books but find I always want to go back and read one more of Cookson's.
Her books are so delightful and you soon feel you are right there with the characters. I can't put the books down once started. She is a master story teller. I love how she seems to portray people who are having struggles of some kind and how they work through them with integrity and goodness.

Blinders
Blinders
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice read., January 27, 2014
This review is from: Blinders (Kindle Edition)
This was a nice book to read. I was anxious to continue reading to see what happened next, so it did keep my attention. I also enjoyed learning a little more about the Great War and the heartache and stories that always accompanies such things.
I could sense that the author didn't have a lot of writing expedience, but after reading the epilogue I now understand that this was the authors first book and I appreciated her effort and family connection.
I loved the spiritual aspect in the book and found it inspirational.

Gas Pedal (Karaoke Instrumental Version) [In the Style of Sage the Gemini feat. Iamsu]
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars liked, January 20, 2014
I downloaded this to listen to when riding my bike. I wanted something to help me stay motivated and it worked!

The Dwelling Place
The Dwelling Place
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, November 10, 2013
So engaging and full of tenderness. I would recommend it to my friends and family. Family, love, commitment, persistence, hate and forgiveness are attributes of the many characters in this book. The story tugs at your heart but it's also filled with love and joy. I hated to see it end!

The Disenchanted Widow
The Disenchanted Widow
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, October 13, 2013
This was an entertaining book. I could picture what each character looked like and felt like I knew each one because of the wonderful descriptions that were given. It kept my interest because of all the different stories that all became intertwined. There were very scary and very funny parts and situations.
The one thing that I wished I didn't have to read were all the swear words! Especially the 'f' word which was used so much. They really didn't need to be used. The characters could have been established without the use of the offensive language!

The Women Of Magnolia
The Women Of Magnolia
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read! Felt real., August 31, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is well written and kept my attention. (Which isn't always easy to do.) Each person was well developed, making you feel that you knew each one. I felt the emotions in each situation as it arose......the joy, love, strength, courage, loyalty, desperation
and sadness that took place in the lives of these women. It also made me think about my own prejudice and judgement of others.

Of Windmills and War
Of Windmills and War
Price: $4.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed reading!, June 11, 2013
I loved reading this book. Knowing that some of the war events really happened made the whole book more realistic and intriguing. I also liked the fact that a wonderful love story was told with moral values. Not something you see very often these days.
This book really kept my interest. I found I couldn't wait to find time to read it. It also helped me realize the extreme suffering that took place during the war in Holland and all of Europe and the wonderful people who made such sacrifices for their fellowman. Also, the valiant men who fought to save freedom for the rest of us.
When I first started reading, I thought it might be a book for youth, which it would be totally appropriate but as the story line continued I got into it.
I will be checking into other books by this author.

Page: 1 | 2