Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Zoucrew > Reviews

Browse

Zoucrew's Profile

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Zoucrew "Mizzoutig" RSS Feed (Missouri)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
TurboTax Premier 2015 Federal + State Taxes + Fed Efile Tax Preparation Software - PC Download
Price: $79.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for self-filing with stocks/bonds, January 4, 2016
I've trusted Turbotax with my household tax returns for about the last 10 years and I really have no major complaints. Filing your federal or state return might get tricky, especially if you have one or several investments/brokerages online. Brokerages are great at managing your money, but the amount of stock sales, purchases, bonds, etc. can be difficult to put into your taxes. As long as your bank/broker can work with Turbotax, you can pretty much instantly enter in all stock information into your taxes immediately. This is a huge plus to me and it saves hours of time. I've done taxes by hand before and used other software preparations and I really can't tell the difference. Turbotax will run you through every possible itemization, deduction, benefit, you name it, and double check it for you before you finish your return. Sometimes it's not perfect (hence the 4/5 stars), but as complicated as the tax code is, Turbotax will always be more up to date, more accurate, and more efficient then me. One caution, make sure you get the right version for you. There was apparently some confusion with last year as Turbotax adjusted the contents of premier and deluxe.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Snappy media device, August 16, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
This is a great product for those who need a new or faster streaming media player. In my own experience, I've used media players via Playstation3 and Playstation4, integrated Apps on a samsung blu-ray player, and integrated apps on a Vizio TV. Taking into account my experience with various app players, I think, overall, this is a fantastic little device. As always, Amazon devices are greatly skewed towards those who are invested heavily in the Amazon experience. If you aren't a Prime member and don't care to be one, you may want to consider passing. If you aren't a Prime member and have no clue what that is, this might be the perfect opportunity to take the leap and get access to a huge library that includes fantastic exclusives. Prime doesn't really cost that much, but as it's success grows I foresee the costs to increase. That is kind of a good thing in my opinion, as long as it's still competitive.

The main reason I purchased this was because it had greater access to apps, including SlingTV. I really wanted to watch some select live TV channels, and Sling is the way to go for me right now. Unfortunately, PS4 did not offer it and I also am not in the test market for Playstation Network's own streaming TV service. Finally I can start watching some SEC football!

The device powers on immediately, connects quickly, and is extremely responsive. I haven't bothered playing any games yet, but I'm sure that based on it's internal hardware specifications, it will be similar gaming to any other modern smartphone (which is surprisingly good nowadays!). You probably will not buy this for gaming...but it could pass as one in a pinch if you are bored and have absolutely no access to anything else. I have not used the game controller so I have no opinion yet on that.

If you've used the Amazon Prime app before, the layout will immediately feel familiar to you and you will find yourself navigating Amazon services and downloadable apps with ease. I had no problems whatsoever trying to find Hulu, Sling, and other Apps that I wanted. The remote is also simple and easy to use. It's also tiny, so don't lose it.

This is also tiny, so you can take it with you without any issues. The same can't be said for something like a PS4. Yes, it's larger then the Amazon TV USB stick and more expensive, but let's be honest, the technical specs on this will beat the USB stick into the dirt. If you want better performance, buy the Fire TV box and pass on the USB stick.

I haven't experienced any streaming performance losses. Buffering can sometimes take a moment, but overall the streaming quality is identical to my HD streams from other devices. Much of the performance on these apps depends on your own personal internet connection.

This is a great product from Amazon and it seems they took their time with it.

OXO Tot No-Tip Dishwasher Basket for Bottle Parts & Accessories
OXO Tot No-Tip Dishwasher Basket for Bottle Parts & Accessories
Price: $7.99
25 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality basket for smaller bottles, August 7, 2015
This is a neat tool to have for the dishwasher if you have baby bottles or other small items you want to clean in the dishwasher. My Kenmore washer is great, but the stock trays are useless for disassembled baby bottles because it just wasn't built to accommodate small items.

I've used this for about a month or so now and it accomplishes that goal quite well. The size of the basket is just a bit off for me, the top tray is too short to accommodate nearly every infant nipple we have...but it is great for bottle caps! Also, the bottom tray is too short to accommodate any 5oz bottle that I have (Munchkin and Medela are what we use now). But either way, there is substantial room to sort of put things where it fits and use it that way. I just put my bottles elsewhere and put caps in the top basket and nipples in the bottom basket. Seems to work great that way.

The basket is designed well and operates in a simple manner. Just make sure you are aware of it's dimensions before ordering, just in case. I'm not wowed by this, but I find it to be a great product for those who need a basket specifically for baby bottles. It will also function well for other small washable items.

Franklin Sports 2nd-Skinz II General Duty Tactical Gloves, Black, Large
Franklin Sports 2nd-Skinz II General Duty Tactical Gloves, Black, Large
Offered by Botach Tactical

5.0 out of 5 stars The best general use duty glove you can find, August 2, 2015
This is a review of the "General Duty" 2nd-Skinz gloves by Franklin. There may be some confusion to the buyer because there are a few different models from the line of "2nd Skinz". The general duty glove is basically a plain black batting glove, which is what I want to use. The other "2nd Skinz" gloves are a cut/chemical resistant glove; cut&chemical cold weather glove; and a griptip coldweather glove.

I wanted the basic general duty glove for employment purposes. I've gone through several, very good, tactical-ish gloves and found this suits my needs better then the rest. Some of the gloves (like Mechanix), serve their own purpose and do it well, so I'll just address why I like these so much.

-These are the only "plain black" unpadded gloves I can find. The design is made just like a basic batting glove, but without the crazy designs. The lycra backing is stretchy and breatheable and the leather palm covers your palm to the pads of your fingers. The leather material is very thin, so you keep an incredible amount of tactile feeling in your hand.
-Fingertip abilities are best retained with a glove like this. Want to press a tiny button with mechanix gloves? Probably not going to happen. It's quite possible with a glove like this because the material barrier between you and the rest of the world is thin.
-The "cabretta" palm material is sticky, very flexible, and strong...but it won't last forever. At some point, the leather will lose it's flexibility and start to crack and rip. With light use you can expect the fingertips to tear first, and last will be the palm. Mine did not start to show any signs of tearing for the first 10-12 months. That included several machine washes (which is not recommended). With heavy use, I would expect these to last much less. Like a batting glove, the material has to strike a balance between comfort/feeling and durability. The more durable it is, the less feeling you retain.
-Don't expect these to be cut/chemical resistant. While better then absolutely nothing, that is not the purpose of these gloves.

In use, I found the most important aspect of this glove is it's ability to give you a strong grip on any surface and it's ability to retain an incredible amount of hand dexterity. That makes it to me, the perfect "general duty" glove. By putting these on, you can gain a huge advantage on the situation without losing hardly anything.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kissmart USB Charging Cable Cord Repalcement Charger for Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Force Flex 2 Wireless Activity Wristband
Price: $4.55
12 used & new from $4.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd cord or replacement cord for the Fitbit, July 30, 2015
This replaced a missing fitbit charging cord. And if you are like me, don't feel bad, because the original charging cord is quite short and easy to lose. I'm sure I won't be the last person to grudgingly accept defeat and purchase a replacement. Well don't hesitate to replace it, you need to keep wearing your fitbit!

Everything seems to work normally, which is all you can really ask for. Price is also great.

Five stars!

Safariland 573 Glock 17 22 Open Top Paddle Magazine Pouch with Handcuff Case (STX Plain Black, Right Hand)
Price: $36.10
23 used & new from $30.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good pouch for everyone, July 8, 2015
I've used this for about a year and I'm not impressed. Glock22 mag and S&W model 100's just don't seem to be a good fit. If you are patient, it will become a better over time....

Also, I'm not a fan of the belt retention system. I don't wear thin belts so it seems like I will never have a very secure fit with a regular width duty belt or reinforced belt.

HALO 100% Cotton SleepSack Swaddle, Navy Pin Dot, Small
HALO 100% Cotton SleepSack Swaddle, Navy Pin Dot, Small
Price: $18.46
17 used & new from $15.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighter fabric swaddler for warmer days, July 8, 2015
I'm a first time parent who doesn't really know how to do advanced things like swaddling babies. Maybe in reality that's not something advanced, but as a dad I seem to complicate the most simple of things.

The hospital gave us a flannel swaddle that is designed just like this, with two little wings that wrap around your child and secure themselves with velcro. It was ingenious and felt like cheating. I felt like I was getting away with a clip-on tie, except this actually looked nice and had a great function vs. just looking like a imitation of the real thing.

Since flannel was too warm, we bought these because they are lighter for summer use. My little guy is wearing a light pajama sleeper and is swaddled in this and seems to be very comfortable. No sweating or chills. I also keep the house at around 71-72' F.

Best part is, I can't really over-complicate this. You put him in there and then just strap him in!

Rapid Dual Car Charger with Micro USB - For Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 S5 S3 S4 Note2 Note3 - Motorola Droid Turbo, Razr Maxx, Moto X, LG G2, HTC ONE, DNA (Car Charger)
Offered by Hongyuangyl
Price: $5.16
29 used & new from $2.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice in theory, poor in reality, July 8, 2015
The light is a nice thought, but in reality it is too bulky and gets in the way of some devices. Other then that, this is just your basic generic USB charger.

EDIT: I realized one thing I forgot to mention, the connection is poor and will slide out easily. It seems the "teeth" on the bottom are either bent in or just defective. One more reason I'm not impressed with this USB charger. I do like the light, but the longer I use it the more I'd rather just have a solidly built USB car charger then a poorly built one with a variety of options.

Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch
Casio F91W-1 Classic Resin Strap Digital Sport Watch
Offered by DirectWatchGroup
Price: $11.50
31 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The basic watch, a timeless classic., July 8, 2015
I am outdoors a lot for work and I need a cheap watch that meets the following criteria:
-: Tells the time accurately (Thank god this is not hard to do for a watch)
-: Easy to clean
-: Military time option
-: Stopwatch
-: Day/Date

That's it, nothing fancy. It's like Casio knows this is all I need and developed this watch specifically for me....all for about 10 bucks!

My only complaint is that the nightlight is pathetic. It lights of the far left portion of the LCD screen well and fades quickly to the right side. At least it works. Also, if you have somewhat large wrists, this watch may not fit you. Measure before you buy.

Nyko Charge Base - PlayStation 4
Nyko Charge Base - PlayStation 4
Offered by J.F.J
Price: $24.99
26 used & new from $12.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior charging system, July 8, 2015
This charging system is vastly superior to simply plugging your controller into a USB port on the PS4. This also charges the controllers efficiently. I've noticed that USB cables often go missing and not all USB AC ports will charge all devices equally. I don't know why that is, it just is. Even some phones I have now will tell me "Hey, you plugged in the wrong USB cable, I will charge but not at the fastest rate possible"

This solves those problems. All it takes is a snap in attachment into the controllers USB port and the controller is now drop-in charge ready. The attachment does not get in the way of the controller and it easily slides into the charging dock. Nyko seems to have the charging speed down well.

No more worrying about losing USB cables or having to charge them directly from my PS4 USB ports. Just leave them cradled and ready to go like two well crafted samurai swords.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8