Profile for M. K. Herman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 82

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. K. Herman RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Merrell Women's Mimosa Anise Sandal,Tortoise Shell,10 M US
Merrell Women's Mimosa Anise Sandal,Tortoise Shell,10 M US
Offered by Peltz Shoes
Price: $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, but weird sizing, July 30, 2014
I love this shoe, with a few reservations. First, the good: the footbed is extremely comfortable, and the style is a bit cuter than most supportive or athletic sandals. I have the tortoise color, which is brown with a slight tinge of orange to it. The bad is all in the fit. The length is quite short - which can be solved by going up a half or whole size. But the strap that goes across the top of the foot (the non-thong strap) is very loose. This was good after a very hot day walking in Disney World when my feet were starting to swell, but on most days it's loose enough that my feet have to work a bit to keep the shoe on. The strap is elastic and stretchy - I wish it was a little tighter when it's resting un-stretched.

Columbia Sportswear Women's Freezer III Polo Shirt, Clear Blue, X-Large
Columbia Sportswear Women's Freezer III Polo Shirt, Clear Blue, X-Large
Price: $33.49
2 used & new from $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, July 27, 2014
This is a nice shirt - a little more on the feminine side than the athletic side, other than the fabric. It does stay fairly cool. I don't like how you can see every lump - from belt buckles to back fat - underneath it, but that is par for the course with this type of fabric. I do like the generous sizing. This is not clingy at all. The "clear blue" color is nice and not baby-blue-ish at all.

NYDJ Women's Sueded Pocket Knit Tee, Black, X-Large
NYDJ Women's Sueded Pocket Knit Tee, Black, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt, heavy fabric, July 7, 2014
This is a nice shirt that could easily be dressed up or down. I love the bit of detail at the neckline and sleeves. In fact I love everything about the shirt, but here is what I would have liked to know:
1) It runs a bit large - combined with the blousy style, I had to order a size down.
2) The fabric is a bit heavy and I'm not sure I will want to wear this on hot days, but otherwise I like it because it drapes well and doesn't get stuck on my lumpy midsection.
3) Finally - in the black, the sueded nature of this fabric has a dulling affect on the color. It doesn't look bad, but doesn't come off as a true black either. It's almost like a very dark gray.

LINENSPA 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Bed Pillow
LINENSPA 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Bed Pillow
Offered by LinenSpa
Price: $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pillow Ever, July 2, 2014
Like many reviewers, I have been searching for a good pillow for a very long time. I settled on foam, but couldn't find one with enough "height" to make my neck happy. I first tried a shredded latex pillow and the result was exactly what I get with down and down-alternative pillows: a giant indentation in the pillow where my head landed, with mountains on either side. I hate that. So I tried this one, and it is PERFECT. It has the right amount of squishiness that I remember from my beloved childhood pillow, but also a good amount of support so my head wasn't falling down to the mattress. I chose the high-loft plush version. I think the high-loft firm would have pushed my head into a weird position, but if you are very broad-shouldered and sleep on your side, you might prefer that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 12:21 PM PDT

GreatShield Clip-Grip Handlebar Bike Mount Holder for iPhones, samsung galaxy, htc smartphones, GPS Devices and More
Offered by GreatShield Store
Price: $13.95
7 used & new from $13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, June 26, 2014
Nice holder - grips the bike very well so I don't have to worry about jostling or coming undone. I'm using an iPhone 5S but it would definitely also hold one of the larger Samsung phones.

Calvin Klein Women's Compression Tank,Black,Large/X-Large
Calvin Klein Women's Compression Tank,Black,Large/X-Large
Price: $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tank, June 26, 2014
I like this tank for layering. The neckline is not super-low, which I appreciate. But it's also not up to my neck. The fabric has a silky feel to it. Sizing was as expected. My only complaint is with the little metal "Calvin Klein" tag that is sewn into the front hem. The first time I washed it, the tag came loose at one end and I had to completely remove it - leaving two very tiny holes where it had been. This is not a big deal for me as I tuck in the tank and wear it under a cardigan anyway, but I would not expect it to happen with a CK product.

Royal Robbins Women's Briza Short Sleeve Shirt, White, X-Large
Royal Robbins Women's Briza Short Sleeve Shirt, White, X-Large
Price: $54.95
3 used & new from $26.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt, June 26, 2014
This is not the trendiest shirt I could have purchased, but it does the job. I'm 5'10" and needed something longer, and this is great. I can bunch it up for a blousier look or pull it straight for a longer shirt. The fabric is wonderful - truly wrinkle-free and sweat-free. I'm not in love with the neckline/puffy sleeve shape combo (reminds me of a little girl blouse) but I tend to wear a cardigan over it anyway. Sizing is true.

Full Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free
Offered by Everyday Pure
Price: $37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our needs, June 26, 2014
We have a son who experiences frequent pull-up leaks and wanted to protect his new mattress. We did not want any extra padding but also didn't want a crinkly, noisy protector. This one is perfect. It fits his (normal, not deep-pocket) mattress perfectly without too much tugging or too much extra lumpy material. It's quiet, and he says it isn't hot. So we're satisfied.

Bandolino Women's Janette Sandal,Black,9.5 M US
Bandolino Women's Janette Sandal,Black,9.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this shoe, June 4, 2014
I am constantly on a hunt for shoes that are comfortable but not too matronly-looking. These fit the bill perfectly. They are cuter in person than in the picture, and they provide a decent amount of support for a flip-flop. I was worried about blisters because the straps seemed a bit stiff, but I wore them all week at a conference (LOTS of walking) and had no problem at all. Size was as expected.

Magaschoni Women's 100% Cashmere Embellished Trim Cardigan, Grey Fox, Large
Magaschoni Women's 100% Cashmere Embellished Trim Cardigan, Grey Fox, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and luxurious, but too short, May 20, 2014
I love the thick cashmere in this sweater, and the stones in the button placket are really very pretty. But I'm finding it hard to find a way to wear the sweater because although the sizing is true, the sweater is SO short. Sticking a cami underneath to poke out the bottom takes away from the elegant look of the sweater. That also doesn't work over the nicer pants that I would choose to wear with the sweater. For reference: I'm 5'10" but all legs, so I'm quite short-waisted. The bottom of the sweater hits me about half an inch ABOVE the waistband of typical mid-rise pants.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9