Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Cooljonnorris > Reviews

Browse

Cooljonnorris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 716

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cooljonnorris RSS Feed (Oregon, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Acc U Rate® Pro Series CMS 500D Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with silicon cover, batteries and lanyard (Jet Black)
Offered by Med Shop and Beyond
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice oxymeter, June 19, 2016
I got this to replace one that I lost. It works very well.

A lot of these are similar, and I assume they are made by the same OEM in China, just branded differently for different vendors.

It is important to get the oxy with a good pleth, because that is how you tell if you are getting a steady pulse reading. Otherwise you cannot be sure that the readings are accurate.

Recommended.

Farberware FMWO11AHTBKB Classic 1000W Microwave Oven, 1.1 cu. ft., Stainless Steel
Price: $97.42
3 used & new from $86.37

4.0 out of 5 stars nice inexpensive microwave, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was afraid it was going to be damaged when I got it due to the shape the package was in when I picked it up. The outside carton was pretty badly beaten up, the tape was all coming loose, and it had obviously gotten very wet. The carton was quite crumpled and water-damaged, which did not bode well for electronics.

However, despite this and the actual product box also showing water damage, I could not see any real damage to the oven - not even water spots.

Due to a shipping glitch, I have not had as much time to test it as I would like, but the tests I have done reveal a nicely functioning microwave oven for this price range. I like the green display, since green is the color to which human eyes are most sensitive. The controls are quick and responsive to touch.

It doesn't heat quite as rapidly as my previous oven, but that was a nearly $300 combination microwave/convection oven, so the comparison is not really fair. I don't actually cook in these things, just reheat leftovers and sometimes boil water I need in a hurry. It took a bit longer to heat a cup of water than my other oven, but not by that much.

Despite it obviously having a pretty horrific shipping experience, it came out of the box solid - no rattles, or loose parts that I could see or hear. It operated smoothly and quietly, which is also a testament to its construction. I like the handle-pull-open method of latching the door better than the push-button latch release of most ovens. I don't know if there is any kind of safety issue either way, this way is just easier.

I would not hesitate to consider this if I was in the market for an inexpensive microwave. It seems like a nice little oven.

Country Living Chadwick Nightstand, Cherry
Country Living Chadwick Nightstand, Cherry
Price: $529.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice, June 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was a bit surprised by this little nightstand. Well, I guess I shouldn't call it little, as it was a bit bigger than I pictured.

It came quite well packaged, but was a bit of a chore to open by myself. I would recommend this as a two person job.

The color was quite a bit darker than the picture, which actually worked out well for me, as it matched very closely the bed I made 400 years ago (and still sleep in). The finish is pretty nice and it is a very nice looking piece of furniture. I was surprised at how pleasing it is to the eye, and I am definitely not a furniture person, so that was cool.

The cabinetry seems well done, no flaws or defects I could see, and it feels very solid. My only nitpick with it is the drawers. While well put together, they are not on as good a slide system as I would expect from furniture this expensive. At this price, I would expect very smooth slides with ball bearings, or something similar. Not so here, as the drawers actually move in a kind of rough fashion. I cannot see the actual slides or mechanism, but I haven't had time to turn it upside down to see If I could learn any more that way. The drawers also do not come out as far as I would like, nor do they seem to be removable, also a minus. They lose a star for those reasons.

Still, it is a great nightstand, and I have been very surprised at how much I like it. I get more than just a good feeling about its classic lines - I am tempted to say that it has a very nice "vibe" about it. It almost seems happy sitting looking back at me. Strange comment about furniture, I know, but that is my impression - a happy little nightstand. It actually makes the room feel better by being here. Hey, what can I say, that is how it makes me feel. Your mileage may vary.

A surprisingly nice little bit of furniture, despite the slightly awkward drawers. I can see myself getting another one for a matched set. It also makes me want to look into the rest of their line to see if they have other pieces that I like as well.

Hey, coming from someone like me, who doesn't like much commercial furniture at all, and has even built his own furniture because I don't like most furniture - that says a lot.

Definitely worth a serious look.

Stanley Men's Outback 6 Inch Steel Toe Boot, Wheat, 10.5 D US
Stanley Men's Outback 6 Inch Steel Toe Boot, Wheat, 10.5 D US
Price: $102.00
3 used & new from $102.00

3.0 out of 5 stars good solid boot, not perfect, June 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Another good boot from Stanley (who knew they did shoes?)

I haven't had a chance to wear them for more than a few hours at a time yet, but they were more comfortable than most boots of this type I have tried.

They are solid and well made, no seam flaws, etc. They are roomy inside, and it would be easy to add more advanced insoles and double up on socks, if you do that sort of thing. I generally add something like a Spenco insole with more arch support, and there is sufficient room in this boot to do that without sacrificing comfort or fit.

I usually have problems with this height of boot, as most designs rub my ankles and cause problems. These were far less of a problem in that respect, and the uppers are very nicely padded.

The one big issue I have with them is the lacing. On the previous style I tested from Stanley, the laces were a bit more isolated on the uppers and lowers, making it easier to have more tension in one area, less in the other.

With these boots, the laces are all laced through the same kind of loop, with no break in between to isolate the areas for different tightness. Even if you try and lace the lower part tighter, the tightness gradually equals out over the whole system, and ends up being either too tight on my ankle or too loose on my foot. I could not find a really comfortable midpoint. With my own choice of insoles and different sock choices, I feel confident that I could have made them more comfortable than they were right out of the box.

That said, I have that same problem on nearly any type boot like this, and it was no worse (and probably a bit better) than usual in that regard. If you do not have that problem with boots, then consider these at least 4 stars - they are very nice boots in every other regard.

Now, I did not have the opportunity to test the soles on oily or wet slippery surfaces, so I can't comment on how well they handle that.

All in all a very solid boot choice, and I would certainly give them a serious look if you are in the market for this kind of boot.

Green Blob Outdoors Tactical 1 inch Black Cantilever Flat Top Dual Ring Scope Mount for Vortex, Nikon, Leupold and other scopes, ar-pepr
Offered by Fast Dealz
Price: $19.93
3 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cheap mount, June 2, 2016
I got this to mount a scope I recently reviewed for the Amazon Vine program:

Bushnell 353940B Elite 3500 Doa 600 Riflescopes Series Box, 3-9 X 40, Matte

It is mounted on an MGI Hydra AR in 9 mm, and this mount was a great improvement over individual rings. I've only had it to the range once, and have not given it the shakedown I would like. It held tight through 60 rounds, but then 9 mm is pretty tame on recoil.

I prefer single piece mounts, as I think they are more solid and better aligned than separate rings. I have had bad experiences with QD mounts, and prefer the hex head bolts used here, even though they require a tool to get them tight (I carry a tiny adjustable wrench in my range bag for that). It seems pretty well machined and solid, and I have had no problems with it so far.

There are many gear snobs who will look down their noses at anything that doesn't cost your firstborn child, but sometimes less expensive gear can be just fine. I wouldn't mount a $2,000 scope with this, but it would probably work just fine for that anyway.

Works well for me so far, but as I give it more use, problems may arise. I'll report back if anything significant show up.

While working with all the tiny bolts can be tedious, I find that mounts with multiple bolts per ring can be more solid. Your mileage may vary.

Nicely done metal construction, although I haven't tested it with a square, etc to make sure everything is perfectly true.

Prestige Medical 3909 Snellen Pocket Eye Chart
Prestige Medical 3909 Snellen Pocket Eye Chart
Price: $4.58
10 used & new from $3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful eye chart, June 2, 2016
Wonderful eye chart, adjusted in size for a closer distance than the usual chart.

Plastic and flexible, easy to tape up anywhere for use in various eye exercise regimens (Bates method, etc.).

Letter are crisp,clear, and high contrast.

Great for eye exercises or just monitoring your eyesight in general.

Organic Prairie Grass Fed Hot Dog Beef, 12 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Organic Prairie Grass Fed Hot Dog Beef, 12 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Offered by FoodserviceDirect Inc.
Price: $112.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hot dogs, June 2, 2016
great
I've been using these (bought at a local health food store) for a year or so, and they have become my favorite organic hot dog.

They are larger than most organic hot dogs, and have a slight hint of German sausage flavor. I like that they are frozen and will last longer than regular non-frozen ones. Simply dump the frozen hot dogs into water and boil for a while (package says 4-5 minutes, but I go longer since they are frozen).

Also, since they are frozen, you can cook as few as you want at a time. The package doesn't reseal, but you can put them in a plastic freezer bag. Great for single people who only want one or two at a time.

A bit more expensive here than locally, but good stuff. Not a lot of chemical junk and animal byproducts, but good quality beef and organic seasonings and such.

Now if I could just find a decent grain free bun, it would be grand.

Recommended.

Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord Free Vacuum, (Certified Refurbished)
Dyson V6 Motor Head Cord Free Vacuum, (Certified Refurbished)
Price: $286.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well in some ways, not in others, May 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The suction and power of this vac are good. It did a great job on some very dirty spots on a carpet, and did a better than average job getting around and under furniture. Not having a cord did make things a bit easier in terms of moving around. It went together easily, and was not difficult to figure out.

There were a few things, however, which made the experience of using it less than ideal.

The ergonomics are fairly poor. The rigid handle is at an odd angle and puts a great deal of strain on your wrist. I can see some potential for stress problems with a lot of use. Also, the handle was poorly situated in terms of the motor. The hard edge of the motor housing rubbed constantly on the area of my hand between thumb and forefinger. This became painful in a very short time. It also became very hot very quickly on "turbo," and I turned that off just as quickly.

The motor also blows air back at the user, and I found that not to be pleasant either.

The final problem with the handle area was that the charger jack was located right in the middle of the back of the handle, leaving the electrical connections exposed to direct contact with your palm. I got numerous shocks from those connections (probably static - it is mostly plastic), and I found that worrisome. How hard is it to put a cover over that? I don't want to wear gloves to vacuum.

All in all, I found it effective at vacuuming, but awkward and even painful to use. Form follows function, and style means absolutely nothing if a device does not perform well while being easy and safe to use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2016 4:08 PM PDT

Rayovac 7 Hour Power USB Backup Charger with Micro USB and Batteries Included (PS73-4B)
Offered by BeautyHairOnlines
Price: $12.20
23 used & new from $7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A great backup power source for mobile devices, May 14, 2016
It is tiresome and distracting to see the complaints about this item not being rechargeable or powerful enough.

Be aware that people who say this about this item do not understand its purpose or correct use.

This is not a day-to-day recharger for your mobile devices. This is not a substitute for rechargeable backup battery packs. Do a little thinking here, folks. This is a backup for when you do not have a source for recharging batteries. If you could recharge a rechargeable pack, why wouldn't you just recharge your device (hello)?

This item is specifically designed for times when you DO NOT have a source to readily recharge devices from a car or AC power. It is EMERGENCY backup power. You know, like backup power for EMERGENCIES. For those who complain that they cannot recharge their device completely from a single set of batteries, I would offer that one can actually swap the dead AAs for afresh set and continue charging. Again, this is for emergencies, not everyday use, and if needed you can easily use as many sets of AAs as you need.

While it is hip, cool, and groovy to trash AA batteries these days (as per the PC programmed mind control meme), the fact is that AA (and similar) batteries are a mature technology, and readily available just about everywhere. What this means is that you have much greater access to emergency backup power no matter where you might be, giving you greater freedom and extending the use of your devices.

There is one important thing that is missing from all the reviews I have read here, which is that to best utilize this device you should use lithium AAs, not Alkaline. Today's alkaline batteries are more poorly made and leak frequently. It is not safe to leave them in stored devices for any length of time - not a good characteristic for an emergency backup device. Lithium, on the other hand, have greater power density and longer shelf life (up to 15 years), and are the best choice for using in this device. They will last their entire shelf waiting for use, and will not leak and corrode the device.

I won't even consider using rechargeable AAs in this manner: if you can recharge those AAs, you can recharge your device already - makes no sense. Also, rechargeable AAs have the lowest power density of the three types discussed here, and they lose their charge rapidly in storage - they need to be recharged regularly and the shelf life of a full charge in them is measured in days, not years.

So, if you want the capability of using AA batteries to recharge your mobile device, and want to have that ability reliably waiting for any possible emergency need, then you should seriously consider this device and a bunch of lithium AA batteries. I use it and love it.

Hidden Finance, Rogue Networks, and Secret Sorcery: The Fascist International, 9/11, and Penetrated Operations
by Joseph P. Farrell
Price: $17.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another hit out of the ballpark for Farrell, May 14, 2016
This book is one of the most exciting in Farrell's lineup of hidden history series. Building on previous work investigating secret finance, the Fascist international, corrupt politics, hidden technology, and the occult influences in modern events, this work neatly ties together many threads introduced in earlier works, creating a powerful and provocative tapestry of intrigue and evil.

The tragedy of 9/11 is one of the most powerful pivot points in human history. As evil as the JFK or Princess Diana assassinations, as insidious as Pearl Harbor, and rife with all manner of obvious lies and corruption, it remains a defining moment for the direction of Earth history in this century. Like JFK's murder, 9/11 is an event which provides a window into the hidden politics which drive our civilization. Also like the JFK murder, it is rife with lies, obfuscation, disinformation, and propaganda.

Farrell manages to rise above all the dust, smoke, and mirrors, to stick with factual and verifiable information to form his conclusions. This is not an encyclopedic laundry list of everything in the "9/11 Truth" movement, but rather a concentrated effort on whittling down the logjam of information to reliable data and rational progression through the most compelling evidence.

He examines enough irrefutable evidence to completely trash the "official" story. He then concentrates on equally irrefutable evidence of a rogue network deeply embedded in the American power structure, which he reveals as obviously complicit in the events of the day (as well as before and after). He then proceeds to unveil how the evidence shows conclusively the existence of a third level of the conspiracy - one which surprised the second level rogue players with a (possibly successful) coup d'etat twist on their little "Pearl Harbor" effort.

This "third player" revealed it's incredible reach and power by penetrating the two other levels of the conspiracy, and turning the event to its own purpose - including the complete compromise and manipulation of the command and control structure of the entire US government military and intelligence apparatus - right down to overt control of our nuclear forces. No wonder Bush and company were panicked. The plan they helped hatch and run went wildly sideways in a quite spectacular manner.

Farrell also ties this "third player" to a familiar old enemy - the Fascist international - a stateless continuation of the WW2 Nazi cult, now with massive assets (over 300 trillion dollars, according to one Russian analyst), and some rather exotic technology, previously written about by Farrell and others.

He covers enough of the details of the financial "anomalies" connected to 9/11 to make a rather sound case for complicity at both the second and third levels of this event. High crimes and treason abound.

I personally enjoyed one small moment on page 175 where Farrell neatly torpedoes a nice hole below the waterline in one of my pet peeves, the virtually always misused "Ockham's Razor," or principle of parsimony. While he doesn't sidestep into a thorough deconstruction of this bit of theological argument (yes, theological, NOT scientific - read some history), he does knock enough of its legs out from under to negate its power as a tool of propaganda (its most common use). Here, here! Doff of the cap on that one!

One item I would like to have seen in his discussion of the "micronuke" versus "exotic weapon" models of destruction, was to recount the nuclear-like after-effects of a probable scalar weapon use in the Gander jet crash cited in Bearden's work. I think this would add strength to the exotic (scalar EM) weapon side of the picture. My two cents.

As always, Farrell extensively footnotes, cites, and credits his sources, and actively encourages readers to seek out and read this source material as well (a mark of the best researchers, IMHO). His use of reliable data and structured, logical argument is flawless, as always. His ability to tie loose ends and ignored data into convincing and powerful pictures of complex events like this is not matched by anyone else I have read, although there are a few in this arena who come very close (Levenda, Bosley, Dolan, etc.)

Farrel is the gold standard in this type of research, and with this book he offers up yet another highly polished ingot of that gold for our inspection, with a clear hint of a Black Eagle shining out through the polished gleam.

If you want a clear picture of what we are up against in this crazy century, read this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2016 12:08 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20