Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Joe Campbell > Reviews

Browse

Joe Campbell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe Campbell RSS Feed (Salem, VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BazooK-9 Tennis Ball Launcher Gun -Rated Best Dog Toy - Includes 2 Squeaky Balls for a Bazooka Semi Automatic Blast
Offered by SPLURPLE
Price: $27.65
11 used & new from $23.50

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I didn't have to pay to return this junk., January 13, 2016
1. Insubstantial: Made in China of extruded plastic with glued (not welded) seams.
2. Spring-propelled (not pneumatic). Dog slobber will destroy spring.
3. Wimpy: Ball travels only about 20' using a 45-degree trajectory. My dog doesn't bother to fetch.
4. I can throw a ball much farther (underhand!) with less effort required to cock this toy.

PWM Dimmer, 4 Channels - 7 Amps Per Channel, for LED or Incandescent Lighting - Dimmer Controller - Auto RV Marine Aircraft Interior Accent Lighting
Offered by Britta Products
Price: $59.95
2 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Description Wrong: 7A total, not 7A per channel., July 28, 2015
CAUTION: the heading says "PWM Dimmer, 4 Channels - 7 Amps Per Channel"

This is incorrect: the TOTAL output of the device is 7A.

If you need 7.0A, there are single-channel modules from Britta--but not this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2016 9:01 AM PDT

Tensor Halogen Desk Lamp; Brushed Steel
Tensor Halogen Desk Lamp; Brushed Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars My third one of these I've owned just blew up a few minutes ago, January 31, 2015
My third one of these I've owned in 4 years just blew up a few minutes ago. The last about 16-18 months. The little PC board that's responsible for controlling the brightness just fries. Kaput. No.repair.available.anywhere. Sure, it's easy to wire it on all the time, but that's not what I use it for.

Never again.

Devicewear Ridge iPad Mini Case: Slim, Magnetic with Six Position Flip Stand for iPad Mini/iPad Mini 2/iPad Mini 3
Offered by Devicewear
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended--again!, October 7, 2014
When I bought my iPad Mini, I ordered several different cases, all of which sounded good...but weren't. Then I stumbled upon the Devicewear case and was instantly satisfied, both in the functionality but also in the obvious quality of workmanship. I recently bought a iPD Air 2 Mini and unhesitatingly bought the Devicewear case again--with the same result. Highly recommended--again.

C2G / Cables To Go 43221 6 Inch Releasable/Reusable Black Cable Ties, 50 Pack
C2G / Cables To Go 43221 6 Inch Releasable/Reusable Black Cable Ties, 50 Pack
Offered by biddeal_co
Price: $7.51
25 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 15, 2014
C2G has the best variety and quality on the web.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly after other subs failed., September 15, 2014
Worked perfectly after other subs failed.

C2G / Cables To Go 43223 11.5 Inch Releasable/Reusable Black Cable Ties - 50 pack
Price: $9.99
43 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Best assortment and quality on the web, September 15, 2014
Cables to Go has the best assortment and quality on the web. Used them for years.

R&R Lotion SD-8-ESD I.C. Antistatic Dissipative ESD Safe Solvent Dispenser Bottle with Stainless Steel Pump, 8oz Capacity, Blue
Price: $18.44
2 used & new from $18.44

5.0 out of 5 stars These little dispensers are, ahem, indispensable!, September 15, 2014
These little dispensers are, ahem, indispensable! I use them on my workbench to dispense solvents such as acetone and paint thinner, and in my bathroom to dispense hydrogen peroxide. My wife uses one to hold nail-polish remover.

In case you don't know how they work, the top is a small dish-shaped container with a flip-down lid. Pushing down on the stainless-steel reservoir pumps the liquid from the (blue) bottle into the reservoir. The pump is easily operated manually or with a with a cotton swab. The value of these dispensers is that you pump only as much liquid as you need--for example, to moisten a swab. If the rest evaporates, well, it's only a tiny amount.

General Tools 67123 Seven-Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
General Tools 67123 Seven-Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
Price: $21.28
8 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used these drives for years and I think they ..., September 15, 2014
I've used these drives for years and I think they should be a staple of every tool box. It's beyond me why large screw drivers don't have a rotating top on the handle.

Icom IC-A14 VHF Air Band transceiver
Icom IC-A14 VHF Air Band transceiver
Offered by Condor Dominicana Inc
Price: $218.34
15 used & new from $165.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Say no to the dying of the light., September 15, 2014
How the mighty have fallen <sigh>. My first NAV/COM portable 15 years ago was an iCom, but I let it go along with my plane when I sold it about 8 years ago. It was a marvel of sensibility and simple design, pretty obviously a solid work of US engineering. It's UI wouldn't win any awards at Apple, but darn it, it was as easy to use as it needed to be.

I recently bought another plane, and I naturally decided to dance with who brung me--so I bought the IC-A14, which, I'm sorry to say, has nothing to recommend it other than price. I was particulary dumb-struck when, right out of the box, I tried to program the buttons 0-9 for my favorite local frequencies: Departure (x2), Approach (x2), ATIS, Tower, and Ground. So, after tuning in a frequency on the display, I expected to save it to by pushing a button or two (one would be a numeric button, and the other a button marked SAVE). BUT WAIT! On this little gem, there are no numbers on the buttons. Yes, you read that correctly: No Numbers on Any Buttons. One expresses a number by pressing a button to go into a "number-entry mode" (my term, but it fits), then you push various other keys with ultra non-mnemonic markings (remember none of them has numbers) multiple times to express the numbers.

I was incredulous. I'd also seen enough. Before packing this radio up, I thumbed through the manual and found the user interface to be universally and egregiously horrible. Every task I might plausibly wish to use, was obfuscated by bad software engineering.

SUMMARY: Because it's SO unintuitive (counter-intuitive, actually) it's not possible to extrapolate from one procedure to another. Remember when it was estimated that 90% of the VCRs in American were blinking 00:00? Exactly the same force is at work here: it's bad enough when hardware engineers design and implement user intefaces; it spectacularly awful when non-native-English-speaking engineers do it.

Note: I had to pay return shipping on this radio...because there's "technically" nothing wrong with it...
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2015 10:22 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5