Profile for sarajade > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sarajade RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Progressed
Progressed
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $20.28
34 used & new from $6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars I am obsessed!, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Progressed (Audio CD)
Ok. I've never heard of Take That until recently. Where was I in the 90's? Who cares cuz I love their current music. I hope they continue recording. Love it!

Reunion
Reunion

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Green Arrow and Lex, June 11, 2011
I like Green Arrow but not when the stories are focused on him....the same goes for Lex. I don't mind conflict between Clark and Lex but I do not like the conflict to be about Lana. This is where the story took a turn that I couldn't really enjoy. It doesn't make sense for Lana to fall for Lex but she does and the whole series becomes about heartache due to this union rather than just plain conflict between good and evil which Clark and Lex represent. A blind Lana was too much for me to bear.

Prey
Prey

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Liking Chloe so much, April 29, 2011
This was one of those dark, mysterious episodes which I tend to like. What I didn't like was Chloe's ability to trust strangers so quickly while discounting Clark's judgement. After all the years of being together...she doesn't like Clark questioning things? How many times did they break into offices in a questionable way just to "get" the story behind the mystery? Many...so Clark following time honored tradition should have been supported by Chloe...even if it meant questioning meteor powered young people. Yeah, I get she was trying to start a support group for these kids...but how many times did she say...meteor powered people always turned out bad. And what irritated me most was her comment to Clark...."if you had the courage to step forward with your identity like these kids did"...(paraphrased)...etc. I truly dislike it when people question Clark's courage because, in this world, he was raised to keep quiet about his secret. This was ingrained in him...not only for his own safety, but as it turns out...for the safety of people close to him that could be kidnapped and used to control his powers. Secrecy about his identity has to be a cornerstone of Clark Kent's life so to throw the courage line at him is unfair. So for me, the writer's direction for Chloe in this episode did not sit well with me cuz it seemed to contrast with her earlier behavior and POV from previous seasons. There wasn't consistency in her character here...and I just don't like her because of this. This is the season where Chloe's "magic" starts to wear off on me. I don't know what was behind Chloe not being in season 10 as a regular...but I can see that it was smart to move her away from Clark.

Blank
Blank

4.0 out of 5 stars The Heart doesn't Forget, April 15, 2011
I was surprised that I enjoyed this episode. I'm not completely thrilled with the storyline that Clark, Chloe and Lois pursue in locating the person that caused Clark to lose his memory. I think I didn't like this because I thought the guest actor was not very good....so it always colors how I see this epi. Despite this, our main stars make up for what's lacking in the story with their emotional portrayals. I loved all the scenes between Chloe and Clark....Lois and Clark...and the most memorable one...between Clark and Lana at school. Tom Welling as Clark Kent portrays innocence and love for Kristin Kreuk's character, Lana, in the most heartbreaking way in this scene. That scene makes up for what is lacking in the main storyline. This is also one of the few times when I felt Kristin Kreuk hit the nail on the head. So, kudos to our main actors...not so much on the guest actors.

Exposed
Exposed

4.0 out of 5 stars Clark & Lois....Lois & Clark, April 14, 2011
Poor Lana. She never had a chance once Lois came into the picture. Yeah..I know...she circled Clark's life for a very long time in this series and she and Clark had one of those tragic (though nobody dies) romances that pulls at the heart. Nonetheless, the dynamic duo of Lois and Clark began emerging even when Lois entered the picture in season 4. Their dislike of each other, coupled with support when the going got tough is what cemented the friendship of Lois and Clark and later their love for each other. In this series...friendship that developed into unwavering trust...though sometimes it should have wavered...led to Lois & Clark's pairing...and boy am i glad it did because they were and are something to watch. Erica Durance is magic in this role as is Tom Welling. No one could have done it better. It'll be a sad day when this series ends.

Thirst
Thirst

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a Favorite, April 12, 2011
I have to admit I don't quite like the references to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in this episode. I don't like pop culture references being made in a fantasy story which this is. It's one thing when you have a series that's not fantastical....and another when it is. Smallville and the Superman story should remain within its boundaries and not pull from pop culture in so obvious a way as this was done. Nonetheless, I gave it 3 stars because as a fan I hate complaining about this series plus I allowed myself to simply enjoy it regardless of their "mistake". So I forgive them though I'm sure many won't.

Smallville: The Complete Tenth Season [HD]
Smallville: The Complete Tenth Season [HD]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smallville as a Whole - 5 Stars, April 6, 2011
I'm not someone that knows the Superman mythos. I'm not familiar with all the DC Comics characters. I did watch a couple of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies as a child and so I know the basics of Clark Kent, Lois Lane and Lex Luthor, but other than that...I know nothing. And I'm glad because I think this is what makes it easier for me to enjoy ALL of Smallville. I had no expectations and thus I was not disappointed in the overall story of Smallville. The story that I was always interested in was, of course, Clark Kent. Let's face it...this story is about him and how he deals with life and with his destiny. That's it...and to see him struggle with it all was refreshing to see, at least to me. He wasn't this perfect being that knew where his place in "history" was...he had to figure it out which is where all the drama of Smallville began...Clark "dealing" with life...which included over protective parents, a first love (Lana Lang) who could never quite trust him, a friend (Lex Luthor) that became a life long enemy, a sidekick (Chloe) that was the best friend he could have ever had but who also lost a little bit of faith in him, a fellow superhero (Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow) that tested his morality and always fell short, and last but not least...my favorite...Lois Lane...the unlikeliest person for him to fall in love with but who believed in him...or in Smallville storyland...the Blur...more than anyone else did...even Chloe. That's why in this Smallville version, Clark tells Lois...you were always the one that I needed. Her complete trust in what he represented is what he needed in this story to meet his destiny. This may not be IAW the Superman mythos, but it's darn good storytelling and I have loved every minute of it. I will be sad to see the series end because I could watch Lois and Clark played by Erica Durance and Tom Welling, banter back and forth and save the world for many, many more years to come. There are few series in TV land today that match the storytelling of this series. Thank you Smallville for some many great stories that I will continue to watch over and over again.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 11:40 AM PDT

Absolute Justice
Absolute Justice

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, April 1, 2011
There's something about how they bring us the DC Comics characters that is enjoyable...at least to people like me who aren't already familiar with these characters. I have no history to judge whether it is done right or not so I'm able to enjoy what they do here. Telling a small story about the history of the JSA really hit that nostalgia button especially the way they filmed this but what I really liked was how they humanized these "heroes" into flawed characters. I like that our heroes are not always perfect...that they also struggle with decisions. I think that's what Smallville does well with Clark Kent...shows how his life has been filled with doubts and struggles and heartbreak...but that he continues to move forward despite it all...still making mistakes but always striving to do better. He puts one foot in front of the other even though he sometimes feels paralyzed with doubts and with the weight of what's on his shoulders in this story. Clark Kent is a flawed character in this Superman story and I'm glad Smallville producers went this route because it humanizes him and thus makes him more likeable as a character...if that's at all possible with this beloved character.

Idol
Idol

5.0 out of 5 stars Lois Lane Rocks, March 30, 2011
You know what I love about this Lois Lane....that she shows strength and vulnerability and spunk and humor and shyness....and it all works cuz Erica Durance is spot on with her acting. It will be difficult for other actresses to replace Erica Durance in this role on the big screen. Smallville was lucky to get not only Tom Welling...but also Erica Durance. I'm gonna hate it when the series ends.

Suspect
Suspect

4.0 out of 5 stars Lionel Luthor - Evil, March 21, 2011
I'm smiling right now because Lionel Luthor is evil...even while lying in a hospital bed. Kudos to the creation of a great character...especially in this version of the Superman man story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6