Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Shepherd > Reviews

Browse

Shepherd's Profile

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shepherd RSS Feed (Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Six Star Pro Nutrition Elite Series Whey Protein Powder, Triple Chocolate, 2 lb. (Packaging may vary)
Price: $19.97
14 used & new from $19.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Will not mix - powder floats on top, November 14, 2015
This powder will not mix with a spoon, at all.

Muscle Milk mixes much better
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nike Men's Lunareclipse 4 Lt Bs Gry/Rflct Slvr/Bs Gry/Gy Running Shoe 10 Men US
Nike Men's Lunareclipse 4 Lt Bs Gry/Rflct Slvr/Bs Gry/Gy Running Shoe 10 Men US

5.0 out of 5 stars Supportive and comfortable but lacing looks a bit odd, September 18, 2015
Comfortable and provide good support. The laces do not run straight down the shoe however, but angle outward. It looks like of funny, but I have noticed the shoes do not come untied as easily and the tongue does not shift, so I guess it is a good design.

Pilot
Pilot
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars Total garbage which portrays Christians as phonies, delusional, and murderous. This better describes the creators of the show., September 18, 2015
Horrible - absolutely trash. The series portrays Christians as either phonies, delusional, and/or murderous. I've been a practicing Christian for over 20 years and have visited many churches, know hundreds of Christians, and a large number of pastors and priests.

In all my years I have never encountered a pastor or priest like the con-man in this show. I've never met a Christian who thought it was ok to murder someone. I've never met a Christian who thought they were hearing voices from God, and committed crimes in response. That's not to say it is impossible, but it is certainly not common. Sure there are a few people in churches who are mean-spirited and crazy, but you can find such people everywhere, including the people behind this show. Yes, the real villains are the people who made this show and peddle it as entertainment. .

GE Personal Security Keychain Alarm
GE Personal Security Keychain Alarm
Price: $5.56
135 used & new from $0.98

1.0 out of 5 stars UNRELIABLE to produce alarm - TEST multiple times before you commit to it., September 18, 2015
ONLY WORKED SOMETIMES - After pulling the plastic strip to activate the batteries, I tested the alarm as soon as I received by pulling the pin. No sound. Then I tried again and again with the same result. I took apart the alarm and moved the batteries a little, then pulled the cord again. It did produce the high pitched alarm. So I put it back together again, and tested in once more, and it still worked. Then I put it aside to work on something else, then came back and tested one more time. The alarm did NOT sound. So I tried again, and no sound.

The alarm is completely useless if it won't work when you really need it. I could order more batteries to see if that is the problem, but decided instead to spend a bit more money on a different personal alarm.

V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe (Black)
V-Line Quick Access Keyless Shotgun Safe (Black)
Price: $292.00
4 used & new from $246.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Warehouse Deals, Cracking Simplex Lock, December 24, 2014
This review is based on my experience ordering from Amazon Warehouse Deals, and attempting to crack the combinations.

First, I would not order this item from Amazon Warehouse Deals. It saved me $65, but what followed was not worth the savings.

LOCK ARRIVED IN PIECES

The packaging was pretty beaten up. But more importantly, the lock came in PIECES. Yes, someone had dissembled the lock and there were no instructions on how to put it together. I studied the pieces for a while and eventually reassembled it. This was only the start of my unfortunate journey.

DEFAULT COMBINATION DID NOT WORK

The default combination did not work. I tried it many times and I am familiar with Simplex locks. I read online there are lists of all possible combinations and yes, those lists are out there. The site I visited said with practice, one could try every combination in 10 min. Wow, that sounds quick! In reality, this is an incredible underestimate of how long it would take a normal person to do it. Actually, I think the 10 min estimate is a LIE unless you are the world record holder for cracking Simplex locks.

Not one of the 1000+ combinations worked. I either messed up part of the lock reassembly, or the lock is broken. In any case, it was a waste of time and definitely not worth the money I potentially saved on this item. Now I have to send it back to Amazon, but the box is so weakened I'm not sure it will survive the return trip without first mummifying it with packaging tape.

HOW LONG TO CRACK SIMPLEX?

I timed how long it took me to enter all the combinations for the final number sequence ( that begin with the number 5). I was pretty practiced by this time. It took me 25 min. Multiplying this by 5 (the number of buttons and number sequences), that's about two hours of code entry attempts. But keep in mind, you MUST take breaks as you go, unless your fingers are heavy with calluses. My thumbs are pretty sore and I took breaks. I think on average, you would arrive at the true combination in about half of the time, so let's say 1 hour of actual code entry time. That's a pretty miserable hour, though, extended by how may rest breaks you need. In hindsight, I think physically breaking open the safe would be quicker.

LOCK PHYSICAL STRENGTH

The Simplex lock pushes a small (brass?) cylinder through a hole in the case. However, you cannot easily reach the cylinder from the outside because of the clamshell design of the door. I don't know how strong that cylinder is, but do not think you could easily pry open the door because it would be hard to get leverage. You might be able to drill through the case though to puncture the cylinder but it would take repeated drills to find and hit it, I think.

WOULD I BUY THIS SAFE AGAIN?

Given the limitations above, I would buy this safe again provided the lock actually worked, I could get it for under $250, and if I was storing inexpensive guns. It will keep out kids, who probably don't have the patience to attempt all combinations. But it is so light, you need to really bolt it down or a thief could easily carry it out under one arm out of your house, and then figure out a way to get it open. Fortunately there are 9 holes on the back to screw it down. You could also drill holes on the side if you wanted to secure it through other means, such as a running a cable through the holes.

Lipogaine Big 3 Premium Hair Loss Prevention shampoo for Men and Women (2 in 1 formula)- 8 oz.
Offered by Hair Skin Professional
Price: $25.00
4 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Relatives now want their own!, November 16, 2014
This is good shampoo. It lathers well and has improved the appearance of my hair. My wife and mother in law want their own bottles, so I guess that says something!

Tramontina Bolo Machete 26624/014
Tramontina Bolo Machete 26624/014
Offered by Rettun
Price: $15.91
12 used & new from $9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Best machetes I have used, August 30, 2014
Of those machetes I have tested, Tramontina makes the best ones for the money. The blades are strong, flexible, and hold an edge very well. They are also incredibly cheap, but there are some tradeoffs. They do not come with a sheath, the end of the blade is not sharpened, and the handle is wood. The nub at the end of the handle can irritate your hand if you use it without gloves, but can be remedied with some sanding. The handle can be made more grippy with some hockey tape, or better yet, wear some gloves to improve your grip and to protect your hands. Once you get it the way you like, it is bound to last for years. It is time tested in the jungles of Brazil, and who can beat that.

Tramontina Machete Wood 26620/014

Gerber Gator Machete JR [31-000759]
Price: $11.21
83 used & new from $11.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value!, August 30, 2014
This machete is an excellent value for the money. I compared this to several other machetes and created a youtube video about my experiences.

The blade is sufficiently sharp and is easy to resharpen. The length and weight of the blade is very good for chopping branches 1" and less. The handle is possibly the best feature. It is rounded, long, rubbery, and a joy to hold. The sheath is also fantastic. It is easy to get the machete in and out.

If I could change anything about it, I would prefer a blade 2" longer.

SOG MC04-N Machete Tanto 10 Inch Knife
SOG MC04-N Machete Tanto 10 Inch Knife
Price: $18.82
64 used & new from $16.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Tramontina or Gerber Jr machetes work better and are cheaper, August 30, 2014
Does not replace a standard machete. I compared this machete to several others and created a youtube video discussing my experiences.

To its credit, the blade is sharp and relatively easy to resharpen. The handle is ok. However, because of the length and weight it is more difficult to chop tree branches compared to a machete 14" or longer. The sheath is also very tight. About every other time I try to put it away, I am fighting to get it in the last 1" or so.

I recommend a Tramontina over this model. They are considerably cheaper and even those equal in length are easier to wield and more effective choppers.

However, the Tramontina's do not come standard with a sheath and the handle is wood. For a 'finished' product, the Gator Machete Jr is less expensive than the SOG, it is better balanced, has a more generous handle, and the sheath is awesome.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3