Profile for LinnyJ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LinnyJ RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Night Changes
Night Changes
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars 1D Astonishes one Baby Boomer!, December 29, 2014
This review is from: Night Changes (MP3 Music)
See my review of Ready to Run. As a baby boomer I did not expect to like 1D and was really quite blown away by everything about them. I had a lot of friends who were musicians back in the day - way, way back! - and I can tell you these kids are the real deal. Excellent melody, every single one of them can and does sing like a dream and their songs tell a good story. I loved this song - the chorus would not get out of my head, so I bought it! It's a terrific song, clever and well written. If I hadn't seen them on SNL, I would never have heard it and that would have been a shame.

Ready to Run
Ready to Run
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One Direction Rocks - Opinion of a Baby Boomer!, December 29, 2014
This review is from: Ready to Run (MP3 Music)
Although I am WAY too old to have even heard of this band in the normal course of events since I have no grandchildren to keep me informed about such things, I saw them on Saturday Night Live where they played this song - and I loved it. It stuck in my head and I had to buy it along with the other song they played, Night Changes. It was a delight to hear voices that can actually SING and carry a tune and not the usual off key drone that passes as a singing voice these days. It has a catchy melody, a must for a good pop song and tells a good story. I even watched the video and thought it excellent. If you liked the Beatles or the Monkeys back in the day - Herman's Hermits - any of those great pop groups from back in the day who got your foot tapping and the song running round and round in your head, you might be surprised to find you might actually like 1D. Surprise your grandchildren or kids with your knowledge of their favorite band!

Schiff CoQ10 200 mg Supplement, 30 Count
Schiff CoQ10 200 mg Supplement, 30 Count
Price: $21.23
17 used & new from $14.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but not to be underestimated!, December 21, 2014
I love all the Schiff vitamins. They are smaller than most, require only one pill and it's a name I know and trust. Price in intermediate - not cheap, but no prohibitively expensive. I just wish they made larger sizes, but I have not found any. So I'm sticking to Schiff for this one and for their Megared and some great teeny tiny Vitamin D tablets - yes tablets, not softgels! - that I only need to take one of. If you hate swallowing a lot of pills several times a day or have trouble swallowing monster pills, Schiff is the brand for you.

Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley
Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley
Price: $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still awesome more than twenty five years later! Here's to you Robert!, November 29, 2014
I owned this on vinyl an have been meaning to another copy for years. A fabulous fabulous album even all these years later. I saw him in concert once around the time this came out and was blown away. One little guy in a suit, singing his heart out - no glam, no running around the stage - in fact he barely moved at all - no crazy outfits or makeup or pyrotechnics. Just Robert Palmer and his voice. I was so sad when I heard he died. So many people only know him from "Addicted to Love" and the iconic video - which was great, but this what I think of when someone mentions Robert Palmer. I hope you love it!

Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)
Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing song I hadn't heard in years and when something ..., November 29, 2014
This is an amazing song I hadn't heard in years and when something brought it to mind, I bought it. I seem to recall that a Japanese friend of Queen translated or wrote the words for them in Japanese. A beautiful love song - short but a perfect little song.

Aetrex Erica Women's Flat Rose Leather 8 M US
Aetrex Erica Women's Flat Rose Leather 8 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes saved me!, July 12, 2014
I have such severe foot pain from various sources that I could barely walk and could find no shoes or sandals that I could wear for more than a short time before the pain was too great and I had to take them off. I found Aetrex ballet flats by chance while on vacation and the minute I put them on I knew I'd found salvation! I was only able to buy one pair then as that was all they had in my size, but I bought these pink ones and another color when I got home. The key feature is the discreet orthotic inside the soft and supple ballet flat. Normally these are too hard and nearly kill me, but these are made of some dense foam, which gives good support even though the shoe itself offers no "support". And although I normally don't wear shoes that are quite this flat, there is a little lift so I don't notice it. Most days I can walk without pain. And they are pretty! Even the orthotic has a nice touch on the inside, with a strip of leather of the same color as the outside of the shoe. The sole is very anti-skid making me feel safe in them. You could wear these with anything - to work, with jeans or with something more dressy. I bought a gold pair, which would work fine with the fanciest of outfits. Give them a try!

APOLLO Terra Cotta 2" x 4" Deck and Fence Railing Planter
APOLLO Terra Cotta 2" x 4" Deck and Fence Railing Planter
Offered by Ozbo
Price: $13.26
15 used & new from $8.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 28, 2014
I've had railing planters for years, but they were long and narrow and shallow. Plants just did not have enough room to put down roots and when I saw these I decided to try them. They seemed enormous when I took them out of the box, but turned out to be just right. They're deep as a regular flower pot and everything I planted in them about a month ago is doing really well. They look very nice lined up on the railing too, with the brightly colored flowers spilling out. I live in a second floor apartment with a large deck. The railings are the right width, but beveled and things don't fit firmly, but a folded piece of "non-skid" perforated shelf liner (also used to keep area rugs from moving) placed over the railing before putting the planter on makes it fit more snugly and protects the wood too. I will certainly buy more next season!

Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunblock Spray,SPF 70+, 5 ounce
Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunblock Spray,SPF 70+, 5 ounce
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $12.36
14 used & new from $10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like it!, June 28, 2014
Unfortunately, I believe this has been discontinued. I have not found it in stores for two seasons now. Luckily I've found it on Amazon so as long as I can get it I will keep using it. I dislike sunscreen in lotion form - and unless you're with other people when applying it, you're out of luck getting it on hard to reach areas. I started using spray ons as soon as they appeared on the market and tried many, finding this one maybe four years ago. I like that is doesn't have to be rubbed in after spraying, as some do, which makes no sense - you might as well use a lotion! It's not highly scented - especially not of artificial cocoanut as another major brand does. Never bothers my sensitive skin - it's Neutrogena afer all! They make several others which are similar and they are just as good, giving a broad range of protection. You can't go wrong with Neutrogena.

Nexcare Tape, Gentle Paper, 3/4 Inches X 288 Inches / 8 Yards (Pack of 6)
Nexcare Tape, Gentle Paper, 3/4 Inches X 288 Inches / 8 Yards (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of all!, June 28, 2014
I have very sensitive skin and the adhesive part of most tapes causes problems. I've tried other paper tapes but this is the one I like the best. Never irritates my skin and is latex free. Only problem? Finding it! Which is why I bought a six pack from Amazon! Thanks again Amazon!

Kaytee Songbird Triple Bowl Feeder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Kaytee Songbird Triple Bowl Feeder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Endless_Possibilitiez
Price: $19.17
5 used & new from $18.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing...sort of, April 12, 2014
This wasn't what I expected for one important reason. The "hinged, easy open top" does not exist. There is a cheap plastic disk, attached to the hanger by a thin piece of plastic that looks like a twist tie, which you have to line up and twit to get off or lock closed. Not an easy feat in sub-zero strong winds, with snow falling while standing in snow! Probably not an issue in a temperate climate! However, getting the plastic circle lined up with some slots in the top of the feeder is not always easy. The packaging shows a picture of a flip up, hinged top, with cheerful wording stating this incorrect fact right on the front.

This leads me to overall quality issue - it is very flimsy for the money. I expected better from this company. It really all round looked like something you could find in a dollar store. There were also NO directions, so putting it together was challenging. If you have squirrels who jump onto your feeders and chew the perches off...this may not even hold them. I usually buy metal feeders to prevent this, but this has no perches so I went for it.

I bought it to replace one of another design, because too much seed was falling down onto the deck downstairs and a parked car. I thought the trays would keep the seed more in place and allow the birds to feed from them. Another huge problem, and again, this problem is weather related and someone reading this from the warmth and calm of Arizona or some such will be disgusted and say this is not true and it never happened to them...in a strong wind, the seed blows out of the trays, draining the feeder in no time. And sending it all over the areas I'd bought it to protect from seed contamination.

Without all those problems, I found having essentially three feeders in one means less fill time (except when it was drained by the wind!) and the birds seemed to like it. The holes in each tray do let water drain out, which is a good thing.

If you are NOT buying it with the intent of keeping seed from annoying downstairs neighbors, don't live in an area of the country prone to high winds and have no finger agility problems as I do as I grow older, then this isn't a bad feeder.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6