Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for P.Broadnax > Reviews

Browse

P.Broadnax's Profile

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P.Broadnax RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
iPad Pro Case,Fullmosa(TM) iPad Pro Slim-Fit Oxford Smart Case Cover for Pro 12.9" 2015 with Auto Sleep/Wake Function (brown)
Offered by Fullmosa
Price: $29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, my bingo, June 30, 2016
My initial order was for the Kvago $56 case (ASIN: B01ASNGH28). For reasons presented on that page, I returned it. This one is at the polar opposite end of that 2-star review, in the best way possible. It adds no discernible weight; the auto sleep/wake is reliably consistent; no interference with ANY port or button. And, it's a looker! Coulda saved myself some serious aggravation had I learned of this case first. (Heavy sigh of absolute contentment.)

Cable Clips, Cable Management System and Cord Organizer Solution From Blue Key World
Offered by Blue Key World
Price: $12.85
6 used & new from $8.82

5.0 out of 5 stars How handy? Purchasing a second pack today, June 30, 2016
My iPad, whichever generation through the years, is like another limb: where I am, it is. So I learned, keep a charging cord in each of my fave chill areas of the house. I truly appreciate these little doodads. One's planted to the wall behind our bed. Other locations: living room side tables (2/ hubby, me), enclosed deck side table, back of home office desk (2: iPhone, iPad). First purchased months ago. Back today for a second pack, for multiple Apple Watch and Nexus 6p (business line/ Project Fi) cables.

iPad Pro 12.9 inch Case, KVAGO Genuine Leather Smart Cover with Auto Sleep /Wake Feature Folio Case Sleeve for Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch + Screen Protector +Stylus Pen (Brown)
Offered by KVAGO
Price: $55.99
2 used & new from $55.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous case, but dicey "smart" aspect, among other hassles, June 30, 2016
Bottom-line: Returned within a week of receipt.
* The good: absolutely beautiful case, quite luxurious in appearance.
* The bad: top side scoop-out proved problematic re the fingerprint touch sensor. Just thick enough to thwart thumb recognition -- couldn't hit it in a flat manner. But the thing is so dang pretty, I opted to add my right index finger. That worked, most of the time. (-1 star)
* The ugly: The case is anything but "smart." Sometimes auto-sleep/wake would kick in, sometimes not. Add: Ridiculously heavy. Seated and allowing it to lean against my left hand/forearm -- I could literally feel the strain after an hour or so. Note: I removed the case to compare overall feel. Confirmed: that feel-the-strain deal was entirely attributable to the case. (-2 stars)

The bad & ugly ultimately overwhelmed my love for "the look." One of the few items I've returned in over a decade of Amazon shopping. Incidentally, I've had just about every generation iPad as each appeared. That translates into lotsa cases. This one proved uniquely difficult, function-wise.

BM Premium EN-EL23 USB Dual Battery Charger for Nikon Coolpix B700, P900, P600, P610, S810c Digital Camera
Offered by Big Mike's Electronics
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super convenient, esp for avid photog enthusiasts, June 30, 2016
A fellow bird photographer was so enamored with the incredibly detailed image quality of my p900 pics, that she treated herself to that cam. We both routinely now leave our dSLRs at home, despite heading to a mega bird park for an all-day photo shoot. I purchased this dual charger again - a surprise gift for her - per the convenience factor. Works as advertised. Very handy, and def a worthy buy. Hey, the best for my bestie, and me! 🤗

Lasko #4930 35" Remote Control Oscillating High Velocity Fan, Gray
Lasko #4930 35" Remote Control Oscillating High Velocity Fan, Gray
Price: $79.96
34 used & new from $69.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Energizer-Bunny fan: 4 years & still great, June 30, 2016
Amazon's Ordering Log reminds me of my purchase dates: June 2012 & July 2013. The second was a "just cuz" gift for a beloved aunt, which tells you how much I like this fan. Both are still going as strong as on day one. Mine lives on my enclosed backyard deck. Southern exposure, and I live in NC. Translation: Summer torment zone. But turn on this buddy, wait about 5 minutes, then enter that deck >>> Mahhhhvelous! Only arguable down side ~ you definitely hear it (full blast), so not for a bedroom. Otherwise, it works so dang well I sometimes move it into the backyard itself. Bonus: seems to chase away the squeeters!! Woot!

SHIELDON Leather Folio Case with  Auto Sleep / Wake and Multi Angle Stand for Apple iPad Air 2 - Cognac Brown
SHIELDON Leather Folio Case with Auto Sleep / Wake and Multi Angle Stand for Apple iPad Air 2 - Cognac Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars The bad & the ugly completely overwhelm the good, April 18, 2016
I loathe returning things. But after not quite a week with this case, I've secured an RMA from Amazon. The good: honey tan color was exactly what I wanted. Out of the box, it looked and felt good in the hand. But, the bad and the ugly coerced the return:
● There's not a d. thing "smart" about this case. Once I used the built-in stand, the top portion no longer sat flat atop the device. Instead, it puckers-up at the bend you see in the pics. Result: my battery usage seemed to go through the roof, inexplicably. Then I realized: the turn-off mechanism is hit or miss, mostly miss. Visually, it's easy to miss. Only the battery issue prompted a closer look.
● Much thicker than anticipated, so much so that you have to dig your index finger into the groove to access the power button. I use that only for screenshots, but this case made taking screenies a pain.
I've been buying iPad cases since generation 1. First time the case was so bad that I was compelled to send it back.

How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days - That Readers LOVE!
How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days - That Readers LOVE!
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, yet comprehensive, April 13, 2016
Truly a meaty resource. Golden-gem linked resources are included, as are rationales for each and every suggestion offered. If you're dreaming of writing a book, and publishing here or elsewhere, this text is truly worthy of your "top 5 to read" list. My thanks to the author. (Never heard of this chap, until I had the good fortune of discovering this ebook, per serial Amazon searches.)

Logitech M570  Wireless Trackball
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
Price: $27.49
112 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Most consistently reliable e-device, regardless of platform, April 5, 2016
I've been using this specific model since 2011. Just grabbed another one, for my new Dell Chromebook 13/ Series 7310. Confirming: as usual, a literal plug & play joy. Windows, Mac, Chrome OS - NEVER a problem establishing/maintaining connection with ANY machine. If only all manufacturers were as dedicated to quality control and complete customer satisfaction.

Quick edit 4.6.2016: Chromebook peeps ~ the middle button is preconfigured: 1-click = open in background tab. 😁

Evernote: From Note Taking to Life Mastery: 100 Eye-Opening Techniques and Sneaky Uses of Evernote that Experts Don't Want You to Know (Evernote) (Evernote Essentials)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a few hugely helpful nuggets of info, March 29, 2016
I've been using EverNote for years, yet discovered some absolute gems re setup ideas & usage in this ebook. Quick read. Definitely worth your time, whether newbie or power user.

Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service
Price: $96.99
51 used & new from $59.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Paired with NoMoRobo or Google Voice, a true gem, March 28, 2016
I've been a Google Voice subscriber since 2009-2010. Initially, I used ObiTalk with it, but Google scheduled a May 2014 death of its 3rd party API -- meaning that ObiTalk integration would die. I craved an ObiTalk replacement, and ultimately purchased the predecessor of this device (search here on B002O3W4LE) on May 6, 2014. ((Incidentally, no big diff between the old & current models.) Hence, I've been an Ooma customer for close to 2 years. I've used a Panasonic DECT 6.0 system throughout, comprised of 5 handsets plus the base handset. (You can buy the 5th handset here on Amazon, as most if not all bundled Panny systems max out at 4 handsets.)

"Never" is a strong word, so I use it here deliberately. I have never had a serious problem with this Ooma system. Setup was non-traumatic. Calls remain crystal clear, on both ends. There is a slight delay between when the Google Voice number rings on my iPhone 6 Plus vs the Ooma home phones, but that delay is, in practical terms, insignificant. The few times there have been other hiccups, they were invariably traced to either TimeWarner or my AdTrap device. A global reboot of all network devices (disconnect Surfboard modem, AdTrap, Ooma & AirPort Extreme from electrical power for 5 minutes, then reconnect in the order listed) provided quick relief. I can't speak to Ooma's customer service; the service has been so stellar that I never needed to contact them.

If you don't use Google Voice, be aware of a huge plus-- NoMoRobo's SPAM blocking was integrated into Ooma's telemarketing blacklist a year or so ago. I believe it's part of Ooma's Premier service as is the Google Voice integration (under $15 a month, including taxes). With the political scene exploding these days, I remind you that political calls are approved by the FCC. If you lack the anti-junkCalls prowess of either Google Voice or NoMoRobo, you're in for a world of hurt.

What about ObiTalk? Somewhere along the line, I learned that ObiTalk had resumed its Google Voice feature. Curious, I searched to see if NoMoRobo had also been integrated. As recently as January 2016, ObiTalk forum threads confirmed grief in trying to tap into the NoMoRobo goodness. With Ooma, you simply go into the site's dashboard and flip a switch. In any event, in two years, I've received exactly two junk calls. I used GV to blacklist both; the same can be done with Ooma's intuitive blacklist feature in its website Dashboard.

Hence, I would not recommend ObiTalk today for two reasons. First, ObiTalk was way too slow in responding to Google's 2014 announcement killing Google Voice 3rd party integration, so I lost faith in that company. Second, it appears ObiTalk has been equally slow in arranging *flawless* integration with NoMoRobo. In contrast, Ooma picked up both technology balls and ran with them, successfully.

Having had close to 2 years experience with Ooma, I'm now quite comfortable in conveying my prolonged "happy camper" experience with it. If the current price makes you queasy, copy the URL of this page and paste it into the search box at CamelCamelCamel dot com. Set up a free account at 33mail dot com, use a related address to create an account at CCC -- and set a request to be email-notified when the Ooma price drops. Whatever you decide, just be sure to hook up something well in advance of November's Presidential election. (All items mentioned here (except GV which is free) were purchased with my hard-earned cash. I have no relationship with any, beyond being a satisfied customer.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2016 3:02 PM PDT