Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for tonatiuh > Reviews

Browse

tonatiuh's Profile

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

tonatiuh RSS Feed (Manhattan, NY, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
InCharacter Baby Boy's Count Cutie Vampire Costume, Black/Purple, Medium
InCharacter Baby Boy's Count Cutie Vampire Costume, Black/Purple, Medium
Price: $22.06
22 used & new from $18.27

5.0 out of 5 stars which he would have hated. He looks great even without makeup, October 29, 2015
Baby custom fit my 15 month son perfectly. He looks very cute and I must say elegant in it. It does not have a head piece , which he would have hated. He looks great even without makeup.
I am glad I bought this. Clothes also would fit underneath for colder weather. The material ist thin so he does not even feel he has a custom on.

Confession of a Buddhist Atheist
Confession of a Buddhist Atheist
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, September 22, 2014
Beautiful, captivating, an epic journey.

Buddhism without Beliefs
Buddhism without Beliefs
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buddhism for people brought up with Western values, August 17, 2014
Most significant book I have read in the past few years.

[OLD MODEL] Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT256M4SSD2
Offered by I.T. Surplus Liquidators
Price: $215.20
23 used & new from $71.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after 2 months, May 6, 2012
Drive died after 2 months of very light usage, crucial was giving me hard time at the beginning but I am in the process of returning now. Very disappointing,.

Ableton Live 7 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide
Ableton Live 7 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide
by Jon Margulies
Price: $39.99
38 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book out there from a trully great technical author and practitioner, March 2, 2009
This book is the best out there for teaching you intermediate Ableton Live 7. From page 1 until the end Jon explains the essentials to a great detail for which he is known for, both in his publications and music productions. I had the pleasure of taking an electronic music production class using Ableton Live 7 that he teaches at dubspot in NYC and I was amazed by the depth of his knowledge of Live 7. Not only he knows every minute detail of the software but he also can explain it efficiently and clearly and always give examples on how it can be used when remixing or composing, and this is reflected in the book. I would recommend this book to everyone, beginner to expert, and even go as far as to recommend every future publication of this great author, teacher, and musician.

KRK VXT4 Active Studio Monitor - 4 Inch, 45 Watts
KRK VXT4 Active Studio Monitor - 4 Inch, 45 Watts
Price: $299.00
23 used & new from $250.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, horrible radio interference, March 2, 2009
I so wanted to like these speakers, I listened to them extensively, among with other speakers of the same price tag, before I bought them and they were clearly the winners. I bought a pair along with 2 Mogami Gold TRS calbes, about $50 dollars a cable, good stuff. When the speakers arrived I plugged them in and as soon as I connected the speaker cable (6ft) to them I started listening to radio! I didnt even connect them to my audio interface (Audio Kontrol 1 from Native Instruments no less). I could listen clearly to a radio station. I thought that the Mogamis were defective and switched them around but both speakers had the same problem with different cable configurations. I was devastated. I looked on the web and sure enough other people have complaints about the poor shielding of this speaker. And it is not any ground loops since the minute I remove the speaker cable there is no humming noise and they are super silent. After reading some articles I started some shielding experiments with aluminum foil and to my surprise I made the following discovery. When there is an electrical connection through the foil from the push pin of the XLR/TRS combo jack in the back of the speakers with one of the little switches in the back of the speaker the interference goes away. Wow! I cant believe that KRK didnt do its homework shielding these great speakers properly. I have read on the web that some people have actually opened them up and installed tin foil along the sides of the speakers. I am not sure I am going to go that far. I am calling KRK and see what they have to offer as a solution but most probably I am returning them back. Such a same. The sound is really great, so much clarity and punch out of these speakers but the interference problem is really intolerable.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2016 8:26 AM PST

All Hour Cymbals
All Hour Cymbals
Price: $11.99
65 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the Year, November 20, 2007
This review is from: All Hour Cymbals (Audio CD)
There is no question about it. I am a huge Radiohead fun and was expecting the new album with great anticipation. Nevertheless more than a month after its release I find myself listening to "All Hour Cymbals" repeatedly instead of "In Rainbows". The same with Arcade's Fire "Neon Album" which I also had at the top of my list for 2007. The same with the LCD Soundystem album and the Nationals's album, other strong contenders. Nothing compares to this album. It is new, unique, strange, classy, mysterious, melodic. Definitely album of the year for me.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - PC
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - PC
Offered by ebid-dealz
Price: $9.10
131 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Tarkovsky's Stalker becomes a video game, who knew ?, July 7, 2007
This is based on the masterpiece of a movie called "Stalker" by Andrei Tarkovsky. You can find it here on Amazon Stalker: A Film by Andrei Tarkovsky . In the movie, the Zone is an area where aliens have landed and a scientist and a writer desperately want to reach its cener through the guidance of a stalker (a guide). Suposedly, at the center of the Zone there is a room where if you are able enough to survive, can fulfill all your wishes. Very philosophical but in typical Tarkovsky style it is slow and cumbersome.
Many things in the game reminded me of the movie, like the anomalies and the fact that Stalker uses bolts as his guidance. I recommend it to all funs of the game.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2007 3:08 PM PDT

Strangely Isolated Place
Strangely Isolated Place
Price: $14.20
20 used & new from $9.24

5.0 out of 5 stars I have listened to this album..., January 20, 2007
in the city streets, at home, out in the country, when it was rainy, when it was cloudy and it has always clicked.

For years I have been trying to find the Vangelis and Jarres of our era and Ulrich Schnauss comes pretty close. Very synthetic and organic melodies that transcend to many levels is what makes his melodies subtly addictive.

If you like this check Barbara Morgenstern out, start with "The Grass is Always Greener". And obviously Boards of Canada, any album.

And The Glass Handed Kites
And The Glass Handed Kites
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $35.00
54 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yeah, this is perfect, soft prog rock., September 9, 2006
Think of Jon Anderson's collaboration with Vangelis, strip the synths and enter electric quitar and shoegazing alt rock, and you have this magnificent album. Just listen to the closing moments, if this is not a tribute to Jon Andersron then I dont know what to call it. It almost defies categorization, this is novel, entertaining, I have listened to it many times and still holds as fresh as the first time, a signature of great albus, every time a new angle emerges. Very very good, the best album of 2006 so far and trust me, I listen to a lot of new material this year.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8