Profile for B Charles > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B Charles "duneguy1" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lanikai LU-11 Soprano Ukulele
Lanikai LU-11 Soprano Ukulele
Offered by Zorro Sounds
Price: $44.09
9 used & new from $43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but not 'cheap', June 7, 2015
It's real simple - this is just a great ukulele. I've owned this LU-11 since July 2003 and it's been nothing but consistent. Oh sure, at this price point there's not a lot of fan-fare as you'd find with some exotic Koa uke ($$$); but, hey you want to play a good uke that stays in tune and doesn't kill your mojo with $ issues - this Lanikai has your name on it! Highly recommended for the curious but money smart players (or want-to-be players!)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gibson SG Supra Guitar Translucent Black
Gibson SG Supra Guitar Translucent Black
Price: $3,907.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A Unique and Versatile Beauty!, May 17, 2015
A very unique guitar. As the Gibson description reads, 3 - 57's and a Fishman piezo bridge for acoustic overlays. AAA top along with the overall guitar appears simply gorgeous. Took me a while to figure out how the volumes work in addition to the 'togpot' switch. Gibson does not supply enough information with this guitar (i.e. did you know there's a 9volt battery behind the rear cover?) - Gibson sure doesn't mention it! None the less, the sounds are extremely varied and I'm able to blend some really neat combinations from the 4 pickups.

Quality and attention to detail - no issues there. Guitar is very light and quite comfortable. Neck is quite fast with a detailed overlay graphic on the headstock. Fretboard is Richlite (never had this before but seems fine to me).

Overall a good guitar - probably should give 4 stars for lack of Gibson documentation on operation, but I'll let that one slide. You really need to take an afternoon anyway to fully familiarize yourself with the versatility. Probably my only (selfishly) wish is that Gibson quits making them (for value purposes)!

Fender 007-1359-000 2-Button Footswitch: Channel Select/Effects On/Off
Fender 007-1359-000 2-Button Footswitch: Channel Select/Effects On/Off
Offered by Arkansas Musicworks
Price: $23.49
6 used & new from $23.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as needed for the Super Champ X2, March 28, 2015
Works exactly as needed for the Super Champ X2.

Probably be a good move for Fender to include this footswitch w/the SCX2...even with a minor price adjustment.. MINOR.

Marshall JVM-1C 50th Anniversary 1-Watt Guitar Combo Amplifier
Marshall JVM-1C 50th Anniversary 1-Watt Guitar Combo Amplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC, January 1, 2015
Live in the City? An apartment? Condo? Suburbia? OK then forget the big 'attenuator-ed' and 'master volumed' big amps - you'll never stretch their legs while maintaining peace. However, these Marshall 1 watts are the true great 'usable' amps for 95% of the socialized world. Price can be considered steep but man do these amps have great clean and crunch! I have a few other amps that were an unusable disappointment but this Marshall 50th 1'er IS NOT ONE OF THEM! If anything, I wish it had a built in reverb that no prob just add a HOF and be done with it... rock on!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2015 5:19 PM PDT

Ballistol Multi-Purpose Lubricant - MIS Kit #8 - 6 oz Aerosol and 16 oz Non-Aerosol Kit - With Spray Trigger, Wipes, Bottles, Caps
Offered by MIS Outdoors
Price: $36.77
2 used & new from $36.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing how many folks don't know about this Ballistol, January 1, 2015
Use this stuff on EVERYTHING! Amazing how many folks don't know about this Ballistol.

Timex TX8100-1 Patio Oval Case Thermometer and Clock (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 1, 2015
Love it, does exactly as I need in my back yard!

LG Electronics HBS-750 TONE PRO Wireless Stereo Headset Grey in LG Retail Packaging
Offered by Robert`s Fojjer
Price: Click here to see our price
31 used & new from $37.48

1.0 out of 5 stars KEEP LOOKING, January 1, 2015
Horrible.

- Volume for music just not loud enough
- Mic quits working in middle of conversation (while you can still hear the other party 'hello, hello, you still there?"
- Drops calls
- Signal cuts out when turning head to the left

A real shame, we expect LG products to be a pretty safe bet. This is a first for us.

On the other hand, the retailer was great, return was to be no hassle. However before I could send back, I tried the unit one more time (repaired etc) and during a very important phone conversation - the mic quit working for the 100th time; and I simply dropped this piece of garbage to the ground, stomped it into pieces, and threw it into the trash can.

The wired headphone/mic that came with my Apple 6 is my go-to from now on.

Guitar Tuner Clip On, Tune Acoustic & Electric Guitars, Bass, Ukulele, Banjo, and Violin, Easy to Use, Accurate, Fast, Solid and Turn 360 Degrees, Chromatic, Electronic, Digital, for Beginners and Professionals, Enhance Your Tuning Experience Now!
Offered by Tuner On Guitar
Price: $24.97

Fender Super Champ X2 15-Watt 1x10-Inch Guitar Combo Amp
Fender Super Champ X2 15-Watt 1x10-Inch Guitar Combo Amp
Price: $379.99
22 used & new from $330.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Amp. Great price., January 1, 2015
I've been using this amp since July 2014 and this is probably a good time to post a review. Guitars used with this amp - mostly MIA fat Strat, Les Paul Standard, Gretsh 5420, and Gibson SG Supra. This amp is used in my home studio of approximate 220 Sq feet.

Initially, there was a problem with volume fluctuation on channel 2, volume approximately at level 2. Was just about to give up on the amp when I realized the problem was 'me'. I had kept a studio monitor on top of the amp and this apparently was wreaking a little havoc on the volume level. Monitor relocated, problem solved.

Channel 1 - Blackface - sounds very, very good for cleans. You are able to add FX (reverb, etc) with this channel as you can on channel 2. There is some mis-information on the net about channel 1 - it is NOT pure tube - both channels are DSP driven - the tubes are used as finals only. However, I think channel 1 does a bang-up job on simulating a pure tube clean.

Channel 2 provides a lot of flexibility - in fact, I believe the channel 1 sound is duplicated on the 2 (I think setting 4) side but this is no big deal. I spend most of my time on setting 12 (Marshall type), and 6 (Princeton dirty). While setting 12 is no replacement for my actual Marshall amp, it does a very adequate job for when I don't feel like firing up the real deal. I've never played a Princeton so I can't comment on replication accuracy - I just like the tone and it works for me.

The FUSE software is nice. I don't really use it much, but nice to have when I feel like tinkering around.

Build quality is simply excellent for this price-point. Made in Mexico. The Tolex cut lines are straight, no rattles, no cheap feeling switches or buttons.

I see some users bagging on the Fender Designed speaker (I think it's supplied by Eminence) but I have no issues or complaints. It's a 10 inch, I'd prefer a 12er but there are aftermarket cabinets to be had on eBay if you need a 12.

Overall just a fantastic amp to keep things on a reasonable, usable, sound level. Great for home use. Light enough to carry with ease to gigs and get-togethers.

I'm dying to buy a boutique amp - but, it's hard to justify the cost because this $379 amp does everything I need. Darn it.

Any negatives? Well, small ones - before I solved the volume fluctuation issue - Fender never responded to my inquiries for assistance. Also, Fender should just up the price a hair and throw in the footswitch. Other than that I still highly recommend this amp unless you just have other specific needs or just want to go high end.

If you get this amp - save yourself the hassle and GET THE FOOTSWITCH at the same time. The switch comes with a cable too.

Happy guitaring.

Oriental Furniture Durable Partition, 6-Feet Jute Japanese Shoji Privacy Screen Room Divider, 3 Panel Rosewood
Price: $164.40
5 used & new from $164.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. Looks great, September 12, 2014
Love it. Looks great, blocks light, picture accurately represents product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4