Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for E. DeMattia > Reviews

Browse

E. DeMattia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. DeMattia "Unenlightened1" RSS Feed (upstate NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Jamming On The Highway
Jamming On The Highway
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better live!, November 6, 2014
This review is from: Jamming On The Highway (MP3 Music)
Top notch sounds and musicianship. Even better live!!

The Lives They Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic
The Lives They Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic
by Darby Penney
Price: $12.14
57 used & new from $6.22

1.0 out of 5 stars and worse, the case files of patients who can't protect ..., November 6, 2014
I worked at one of these places in the early 60s, and I am appalled that it is considered perfectly acceptable and groundbreaking to rummage through the personal effects, and worse, the case files of patients who can't protect their own privacy. This is one of the most egregious trespasses I know of, and shame on those of you who think otherwise.

Paleo Diet For Beginners - how to do the paleo diet, lose weight, and eat the original human diet? (CAVEMAN DIET BOOK Book 1)
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I want to "loose" weight too, December 22, 2013
The misprint in the title, IF it actually is on the book and not just listed here, is enough to prevent me from reading further.

Adventures For 12 String, 6 String And Banjo
Adventures For 12 String, 6 String And Banjo
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad it's back!, December 30, 2012
I am another Rossmini fan from the old days, and I loaned my album to a college radio station. They denied ever having it ( as happened to another reviewer), so I waited almost 45 years for this. I was also fortunate to have known Mark Spoelstra in Boston, where he'd let me practice both his and Dick's tunes on Mark's 12. They were both excellent pickers.

Wine Grape Production Guide for Eastern North America
Wine Grape Production Guide for Eastern North America
22 used & new from $112.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A Primary Source, August 30, 2012
for anyone interested in viticulture. Even imbibers will have a better understanding of the life of a wine grape. I purchased my copy directly from the publisher, at a much lower price than offered here. Google the title for more info.

Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation)
Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Black, 8 GB, 2 Hours (3rd Generation)
Offered by ArchStanton
Price: $299.99
33 used & new from $74.95

2.0 out of 5 stars short battery life, January 15, 2011
I don't know how many others are having this problem, but my battery won't last beyond 1:34 of recording time. I bought the Ultra to record meetings 1.5-2 hours long, but this cam isn't lasting long enough. Very disappointing. I bought the external charging module, but the cam won't run with it plugged in. Not worth the $180 I paid if used for the purpose I bought it for. I have a couple of friends who have the same issue with battery life.

Playing with Tradition
Playing with Tradition

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing earful, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Playing with Tradition (Audio CD)
from the hotbed of music of many genres in the 60's-90's, this collection of traditional Irish and Scottish tunes really hits the spot. I won't repeat the liner notes, you can read them, but this is a very sophisticated and polished sound. Calf Audio has engineered a lot of good music, and this ranks with the best. Some of the selections have been arranged by the performers, and the spirit of the originals is honored and enhanced. "The Bonnie Light Horseman" happens to be my favorite because it is sung so well, but all the songs are fine. You will enjoy this album a lot.

Lipstick Camera [VHS]
Lipstick Camera [VHS]
VHS
20 used & new from $3.40

1.0 out of 5 stars I must have missed it, March 31, 2007
This review is from: Lipstick Camera [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Other reviewers have given the plot, so I'll skip that part. I watched this and don't understand what the excitement is about. Bergman is a prop here, with very little actual camera time. There is about 5 seconds of tension, and when the tense moments are resolved (the scene could have lasted longer), the ending becomes clear. Too predictable for me.

Writing Naturally: A Down-To-Earth Guide to Nature Writing
Writing Naturally: A Down-To-Earth Guide to Nature Writing
by David Petersen
Price: $12.22
27 used & new from $7.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, February 1, 2007
I want to enjoy Petersen's books because I enjoy the subject matter. He has written a couple of others that I'll keep, including "Heartsblood," and "Ghost Grizzlies." But I have tried to read this book 4 times now, and each time I am put off by his style, and his obsession with himself. The style to me is presumptuous; Petersen has made even the parenthetical expression annoying. He uses them all the time, which indicates a writer too in love with himself. I also am repelled by his incessant use of familiar nicknames to indicate his back-slapping familiarity with someone. He refers to Guthrie, for instance, as "Bud," his editor as "Chip," ( who by the way refers to himself as "H. Emerson"). All of which seriously detracts from what the book is supposed to be about: writing. Petersen uses quotations at the start of each chapter, and he ought to apply them to his own writing. I am so turned off by how he represents himself that I can't get to the instructional info. And he doesn't even teach at a big-league school, where he might be able to indulge an oversized ego.

Flatpicking Favorites: Hot & Spicy
Flatpicking Favorites: Hot & Spicy
Price: $17.50
10 used & new from $7.29

2.0 out of 5 stars WOW !! ALL THAT TALENT ON ONE CD, December 16, 2006
so it's a shame I could only give it 2 stars. While I am familiar with most of these artists, and generally like their respective styles,I am amazed that this example is so poor. Speed doesn't mean quality, and most of these cuts simply sound messy. It's ok to show off, but a jumble of notes at top speed just falls flat. This CD reminds me of the Doc Watson/Bill Monroe collaboration that is pure fast with little accuracy. I really like Bull Harman's version of Arkansas Traveller, however. I have better, more listenable versions of the other choices. Eric Thompson's Forked Deer, and Panhandle Rag are much much better. Dan Crary and JP Cormier are blazingly fast, and a lot more coherent. Steve Kaufman usually sounds a lot better than here, as does Sutton and Nygaard. Flynn Cohen is great too. Sometimes "tired old traditional" isn't so bad.

Page: 1 | 2