Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for drlawrie > Reviews

Browse

drlawrie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

drlawrie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lites Up Gutter Hook
Lites Up Gutter Hook
Offered by JLOLF
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the rest, just get these., November 29, 2015
Got these at the old house and left them up all year. Even left them when we moved and have missed them since. We put them on the bottom of the aluminum fascia. These work great! So glad I found them again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought I would give them a try, now want to buy more as gifts., November 2, 2014
The gloves are very good for working with hot items as well as delicate items. We have used these gloves to open jars and unscrew vent covers that were tightened down and difficult to work by hand due to how tight they were. With these gloves, I was easily able to grab the cover and unscrew them without difficulty. They are a little difficult to get on but I have bigger hands too.

My wife usually grabs a towel to handle hot items rather than grabbing the hot pads. After insisting that she try these, I think she really likes them. She will grab these before trying the towel that we have hanging right there. This means she is going to be safer and that makes me feel like these are totally worth it.

Trademark Home 82-9216 Aluminum Credit Card Wallet RFID Blocking Case, Black
Trademark Home 82-9216 Aluminum Credit Card Wallet RFID Blocking Case, Black
Offered by Exquisite Buys
Price: $5.19
23 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought the first one held up pretty well so I thought I would give it another ..., June 28, 2014
I bought my second one of these after the first one broke down after a year's worth of abuse. I thought the first one held up pretty well so I thought I would give it another try. I am unimpressed with this one. I carry my wallet in my front pocket due to recommendations from my chiropractor. The sides popped off the first one and eventually the closure broke.
Within a week of starting to use this one, the hinge pin popped out and I had to reassemble it. The pin won't stay in on its own so I may have to stake it in place to keep it from working its way out. Not very impressed with the quality. The side is scratched up a bit and has some pretty good dents already too but that has more to do with my car keys than the quality of the wallet. I think this will eventually cause the aluminum sides to pop off the plastic shell. I think this is the last one of these I am going to buy but I better start looking now considering how quickly it started to fall apart.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Rating for product only, 5 star company though, April 27, 2014
My wife just joined a boxing gym and tried the kickboxing class since it fit into her schedule. She has bad feet so after the first class, her feet were very sore on top across the ankle and arch. Our son plays hockey and suggested a pad that some teammates used. We checked that first but found these ankle guards in the links. We were surprised when the order arrived that the padding is on the Achilles area rather than the top of the foot.

Piranha was great to work with in resolving this and taking our return. I will definitely look at their items again when in the market though. Definitely give them a try.

Kuzy - AIR 13-inch BLACK Rubberized Hard Case for MacBook Air 13.3" (A1466 & A1369) (NEWEST VERSION) Shell Cover - BLACK
Offered by KUZY
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overall Product, April 19, 2014
Easy to install on the new MacBook Air. I don't think it will provide great protection in case of a drop, but good to prevent normal wear and tear. Fits perfect.

Once: A New Musical
Once: A New Musical
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just saw the show and had to order the music-WOW!, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Once: A New Musical (MP3 Music)
We went to the show ONCE yesterday and just loved it from the time we walked into the theater. There was a pre-show jam session on the stage where the actors/musicians were playing other Irish music and stuff they had written. I am listening to the soundtrack as I write this and it is giving me goosebumps thinking how cool the show was. Definitely worth the download.

Silver-Plated Brass Pill Fob with Necklace
Silver-Plated Brass Pill Fob with Necklace
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $9.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice try but this isn't a necklace, April 6, 2014
Not sure how I am supposed to get the chain around my neck. I joke that I have a big head but this necklace would barely fit over a baby dolls head and it doesn't have a clasp. I bent open the hook that attaches the fob to the necklace and just keep it in my pocket until I can find either a beaded chain or decent necklace for it. I have been using it for a little over a week and haven't checked how the pills are fairing. The packaging says the pills should be changes every 2-3 weeks. Guess I will have to check that soon. Also has a medical symbol engraved on the side so that is a nice bonus to alert EMTs if I ever go down.

Comfy Cone Pet E-Collar, Medium, Black
Comfy Cone Pet E-Collar, Medium, Black
Price: $19.99
24 used & new from $12.06

5.0 out of 5 stars So much quieter than the plastic one we got from the vet, April 6, 2014
My old dog is 16 and has a sore on his side that he chews and licks if allowed. One vet said it would require surgery to remove and was concerned with his age for the procedure. I chose to just keep it clean and protect him from licking or chewing. The plastic cone would be so loud when he would bang into doors and stair railings, etc. We bought this and put it on as soon as it got here. It is such a difference for both us and him. The cone closes with velcro and the overlapping area seems to make a good pillow when he is lying around since it settles below his face. The reflective edge is a nice touch but it wore off quickly when we had him at boarding-not sure what he was rubbing against. I take it off when he eats and when I take him out (usually at the same time). We use a choker collar that doesn't work with the cone, at least I am not putting in any time to make it work. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that has a need for a long term cone.

Coretex SunX SPF30 Sunscreen with Towelettes - 25 Individual Foil Pouches with 25 Individual Towelettes/Box, PABA Free, Oil-free, Water and Sweat Resistant, UVA/UVB Protection
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $34.98
2 used & new from $34.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for air travel-isn't a liquid or gel!, April 6, 2014
We bought these for a recent trip to Jamaica where we weren't going to check any bags and didn't want to go over on our liquids. These wipes worked quite well. They have to be reapplied several times if you are going to be at the pool or beach all day. They leave a little bit of a greasy feeling on your hands when you are done but that wipes away easily. It did take a couple to cover our whole bodies. We previously got wipes from Amazon by SuperGoop that are made for babies and toddlers but couldn't find them again. I prefer the SuperGoop ones to these but these work just fine.

Kds Lab Radical Touch Liquid Styptic .5 oz
Kds Lab Radical Touch Liquid Styptic .5 oz

1.0 out of 5 stars Holy welts and redness!, April 6, 2014
I have used a regular styptic pencil before and have an alum block that I got that work well so I thought I would give this a try. The old pencil is getting a bit used and I apparently haven't let it dry enough before putting it back in the tube. Anyway, I nicked myself yesterday and applied this to one area-just one drop. It stopped the bleeding immediately but it stings quite a bit too. I expected that since the pencil does the same but holy crap it just wouldn't stop. I came downstairs and my wife was like "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR NECK?" "Just nicked myself" (and I had cleaned up the blood too). "YOUR NECK IS ALL RED AND YOU ARE STARTING TO DEVELOP WELTS. DO YOU FEEL OK?" I calmed her down and washed the area without much success in stopping the burning feeling. It kept burning for several hours and the welts went away after about 3-4 hours too. I was thinking of giving this to a friend, thinking that my reaction was a personal allergy but after reading the other reviews, I can't do that to a friend. If you are willing to put up with the welts, redness and burning, go ahead and get this. IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, you might not want this in the same room as your face!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3