Profile for MH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MH "coral8er" RSS Feed (Burbank, CA United States)

Parrot Flower Power - Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Bluetooth Smart Plant Sensor with Free dedicated App - Brown
Offered by Electronics-Plus
Price: $54.95
6 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing has paid for itself already...invaluable, June 14, 2015
After several professional nurseries gave us conflicting information as to why our Duranta trees (trained as standards) were not doing well (yellowing, wilting leaves closest to center of the trees, but not dropping leaves), including telling us we were over-watering, over-fertilizing, under-fertilizing, using the wrong fertilizer, not giving them enough sun, giving them too much sun, etc.), I ordered this probe and received same-day delivery on a Sunday, no less. (Thanks, Amazon!)

Packaging is a bit of a pain, but maybe I was too delicate in my extrication efforts. The manual is in many languages, but I finally found the English section in the middle. After being well-versed in what to do, I inserted the Parrot Flower Power probe into the soil close to the trunk of one of the two trees, immediately saw the moisture level, but had to wait for the rest of the test results. (Hey, all good things are worth waiting for, right? In this case, yes.) Next day, results are in: BAM! Not enough water, so much so that it couldn't measure the fertilizer level. Light and temperature were perfect. So, we deeply watered both trees, keeping the probe in. Next day, the plant reports that it is a happy camper; perfect moisture and fertilizer levels now. The trees actually looked better already. I checked the probe every day for the next three days and identified the pattern of moisture drop, and now I know to water deeply every three days. The trees now look better than they did when the grower delivered them; full of flowers, new green growth, not a yellow leaf on there, and the hummingbirds and butterflies are all over them like I opened up a drive-through coffee shop in a business park.

I've been using the probe now for other plants and it is just an amazing device. Hanging begonia wanted more light, Tecoma wanted more water and light, and the probe just now notified me that the mandevilla wants more light, as well.

I'm here to buy another one so I can monitor more plants at the same time.

This thing has turned me into the proverbial green thumb and I am truly grateful, as are my plants. My only wish is that it wasn't Bluetooth-only, as I would like to be able to monitor without being <30' from the probe.

My absolute highest recommendation.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BEST HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER with Perch --- Hand-Blown Glass Feeders | Candy Apple | Red, Unique, Functional | Holds 24 ounces of Nectar | Nature & Bird Lovers | By Best Home Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Hummer Battle-Worthy, April 12, 2015
Great feeder. Hummingbirds love it and battle over it. I'll be buying another, for sure. Highly recommended. Easy to clean. Attractive.

Marjorie's Garden Camlet Ant Moat
Marjorie's Garden Camlet Ant Moat
Offered by Marjorie's Garden
Price: $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, well-made and gorgeous!, March 8, 2015
This review is from: Marjorie's Garden Camlet Ant Moat
The moat is very effective in keeping ants off of the feeder. As an aside, it is so beautiful that I almost didn't want to subject it to the elements! Very well-made. The photo does not do it justice This moat, together with the Marjorie's Garden pineapple feeder, make for the most beautiful hummingbird experience I've ever seen. I actually hung this indoors for a few days before putting it out. Not five minutes after placing it in the lemon tree outside our dining room window, a male Anna's hummingbird stopped by to check it out. This is now his favorite feeder. A female Anna's and two female Allen's also love it. Now I wish I had bought the cape honeysuckle feeder. I cannot find it anywhere. I'm buying another one of these moats just in case I can find it.

HP Wireless Elite Desktop v2
HP Wireless Elite Desktop v2

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually look forward to using it., August 21, 2012
I've tried just about every keyboard out there; wired and wireless, but this one is my favorite. Despite being utterly burned out on typing (transcriber for 20+ years), I actually look forward to using this keyboard. Try it - you won't be disappointed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Friggin' hilarious, July 8, 2004
I couldn't stop laughing from the opening credits to the end credits. We now go around quoting snippets the movie, such as "sweet," "friggin' idiot," "but my lips hurt real bad," "Tina, come get some ham" and "it's a sledgehammer." It's so weird that it's good. Definitely the pop culture film of this era.

Kitchenaid Pasta Roller Attachment Fits Stand Mixers
Kitchenaid Pasta Roller Attachment Fits Stand Mixers
Offered by SJS Commercial
Price: $149.99
37 used & new from $137.99

1,195 of 1,209 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT, but..., January 19, 2002
I have had every kind of pasta roller - the chrome manual kind, the one that does everything (mixes, extrudes) and now this. I LOVE it. I love having my hands free to hold the dough going in and coming out and not having the manual roller shift all over the place. I am amazed how thin I can make the dough - tissue paper-thin. My only complaint, and I make it for the sake of completeness, is the fact that it took SEVERAL batches of dough (the first of which I was willing to sacrifice) to "clean" it out. I noticed what looked like metallic deposits all over my dough, especially on the edges. This was very distressing to me. I tried wiping the roller with a towel (for about an hour), I tried rubbing it with olive oil and I tried dusting it with flour, all of which helped, but it was ridiculous how much time I had to spend and how many batches of dough I had to waste (about four)! Overall, however, I am very pleased, but I think they should include in the instructions a statement to the effect that you should expect to see the deposits and how to clean it, or they should make sure it's cleaner before sending it out!
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 8:53 AM PDT