Profile for grandma sue > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

grandma sue RSS Feed

Bali Women's Stretch Brief Panty, Soft Taupe, 9
Bali Women's Stretch Brief Panty, Soft Taupe, 9
Price: $6.04
22 used & new from $4.46

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like Bali Women's Stretch Brief Panties, April 23, 2015
I really like Bali Women's Stretch Brief Panties! I had a few of them along with assorted other kinds of brief panties. I love the way these hold their shape and don't sag & bag like the regular cotton briefs, which I decided to throw in the garbage and get more of the Bali ones. I do wash them according to the label, so they've never seen the inside of the clothes dryer. Price-wise, they are not inexpensive, so I do want to care for them properly so that I have them for a long time.

Miss Elaine Women's Brushed Back Satin Nightgown with Embroidery, Lavender, X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Nightgown, December 20, 2014
Because we use flannel sheets during the winter months, I need sleepwear that is "satiny" on the outside and brushed on the inside for warmth. I have a much older nightgown, not a Miss Elaine, that is still very shiny on the outside and brushed on the inside. Because I have lost weight and needed a smaller size, I was excited to come upon this Miss Elaine gown. I should have done a little research before ordering it. It is not nearly as "satiny" and shiny on the outside as my old one. I have washed it several times according to the directions, even turning it inside out. There are many pulls and little (for lack of a better word) nubs on the outside of the garment. I compared the material content of my two gowns and found that my old gown has 83% polyester and 17% cotton compared to the new gown which has 17% polyester and 83% cotton. Final verdict: I'm disappointed with this Miss Elaine gown and would not order another.

Shenandoah
Shenandoah
Price: $4.99
15 used & new from $2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Music from "Shenandoah" is timeless!, November 11, 2013
This review is from: Shenandoah (Audio CD)
We saw Shenandoah when it first ran on Broadway many years ago and loved it! While at the show, we purchased the cassette tape they were selling. Well, the poor tape finally bit the dust! We decided to treat ourselves to the CD and we're so glad we did!

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs: As Retold by Mo Willems
Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs: As Retold by Mo Willems
by Mo Willems
Price: $13.82
87 used & new from $8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fun Book from Mo Willems!, October 21, 2012
I was introduced to Mo Willem's books by taking my then 3 yr. old grandaughter to "Story Hour" at the local library.
She and I thoroughly enjoy all his books and she has her own little library of them at home. I recently heard about Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs: As Retold by Mo Willems and knew I had to get it for her. We couldn't wait until the book arrived and when it did, we were not disappointed! His storytelling and humor are unique and this book continues in that mode. Although there are dinosaurs in this story and they are kind of out "to get" Goldilocks, the book is not at all frightening. Would Mo Willems scare our children? I don't think so. I don't know who enjoys the book more, 4 1/2 yr. old Jamie or me! We definitely recommend it!