Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for crosswinds_used_books > Reviews

Browse

crosswinds_used_...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"crosswinds_used_books" RSS Feed

Stargate SG-1 Season 1 Boxed Set
Stargate SG-1 Season 1 Boxed Set
DVD ~ Richard Dean Anderson
Offered by 5_star_sales
Price: $49.99
39 used & new from $1.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Stargate SG-1 dialog not very smart, June 6, 2001
I am a big Farscape fan and a SF fan in general, so I figured I'd give the Stargate SG-1 series a try since the reviews listed on Amazon.com were so positive, and the price for the box set was reasonable. However, after having watched the first episode, I disagree that Stargate SG-1 is worthy of such high praise. Perhaps the episodes get better as they go along, I will have to see.
Here are my problems with the first episode of Stargate SG-1:
(1) Lousy, boring, uninspired, no fun dialog.
(2) Continuity - At one point one of the characters says something about his beer "going to his head" when he hadn't even taken a sip of it yet.
(3) Full frontal female nudity - I don't really care about nudity, but I was surprised to see it because I figured the DVD only contained what was shown on TV. I'm glad I wasn't watching this with kids around. The nudity was not brief either. You get a nice long look with several camera angle shots. I'm sure all the 13 year-old boys out there will love this DVD.
(4) Why use characters from the original movie? The Stargate SG-1 actors do a great job imitating the mannerisms of the original actors from the movie, but why not just have new characters? I would rather not have to compare the new actors to the old, and the series to the movie. The movie, which I liked even though the ending was not so hot, is still much, much better than the Stargate SG-1 TV series.
(5) Dumb logic. Why not just re-bury the Stargate in the Earth's sand rather than send a nuclear bomb through the Stargate to blow up the other side? This worked before, why not again? A lot of the ideas and actions of the characters in Stargate SG-1 are just stupid. I'm no rocket scientist and even I can see the logic flaws.
(6) What's up with the dumb woman scientist? Come on, I can't for a minute think she is a scientist - not with dialog like "wow, this is incredible", over and over again. Every once in a while she spouts off some ridiculous "techno-babble". At one point, the her character confronts Richard Dean Anderson about him not wanting her on the team because she is a woman. Forget the woman thing - she's not qualified as a scientist.

Nortel Networks: The Complete Reference
Nortel Networks: The Complete Reference
by James Knapp
25 used & new from $1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Use It As A Nortel Networks Certification Study Guide!, January 11, 2000
I work at Nortel Networks and this book is becoming quite popular within Nortel as a reference book and certification study guide. Just today I spoke with a Technical Support Engineer who failed the Nortel Networks Accelar certification exam last week. Then he read over the Accelar and Bridging sections of the Nortel Networks: The Complete Reference book and passed the test the second time around!