Profile for Joy Ann Steel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joy Ann Steel RSS Feed (Lake Mary, FL)

The Truth About Love [Explicit]
The Truth About Love [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed with this album..., March 1, 2013
I have always liked P!nk. She has a lot of hit songs to her name and she co-writes most of her own music. I don't think she has ever really gotten the recognition she truly deserves but it's gotten much better in the last few years. I feel like this is going to be a big year for her.

I have the deluxe edition of this album plus a few other various bonus songs that came with different versions. Overall, this CD is amazing. Out of 19 total songs, there are really only two songs that I kind of skip every time they start playing because I don't really care for them. Here is my take on the songs on this album and rating:

1. Are We All We Are? - This is a fun upbeat song 4/5
2. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - Great song, very catchy 5/5
3. Try - I have loved this song from the first time I saw her singing it in a commercial advertising this CD at Target when it first came out 5/5
4. Just Give Me A Reason - duet with the lead singer of Fun. Amazing! I can't stop listening to this song, the video for it on Youtube is great too 5/5
5. True Love - I don't know what it is about this song, but it could possibly be my favorite song on the album. Honestly. I just love it. 5/5
6. How Come You're Not Here? - This is just a funny song. My favorite line is, "Did you go for a long walk off a short pier?" Fun to sing to 4/5
7. Slut Like You - I initially couldn't stand this song, but I just saw her on tour last weekend where she sang this one and it's really grown on me 4/5
8. The Truth About Love - I skip this song every time, I don't like the beat to it and there's nothing special about it in my opinion 2/5
9. Beam Me Up - This is a slower song but I like it a lot 4/5
10. Walk of Shame - I didn't love this song at first but since I saw her on tour last weekend and she sang this, I kind of love this song now. It's just really catchy 4/5
11. Here Comes the Weekend - I don't know what it is about this song but I skip it every time. I just don't like it and I'm disappointed because Eminem is featured in it and I like him 2/5
12. Where Did the Beat Go? - This is a decent song, another one I tend to skip only because I would rather listen to my favorites. 3/5
13. The Great Escape - This is a very slow song but it's beautiful and another one of my favorites. 5/5

BONUS SONGS

14. My Signature Move - I understand why this is just a bonus song but definitely worth listening to 4/5
15. Is This Thing On? - I like this song well enough but I love so many other songs on the album that I usually skip this one, but it's still good 3/5
16. Run - This is a slower song but it's pretty good 4/5
17. Good Old Days - This is an upbeat song that I never really gave much of a chance before and I'm not sure why because it's a great song 4/5
18. Chaos & Piss - When I started listening to this CD when it first came out, I kind of wrote this song off because of the song title but it's become one of my favorites lately 5/5
19. Timebomb - Love the beat to this, I don't know why this one didn't make the regular album 4/5

Red
Red
Price: $10.00
113 used & new from $4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate to say it, but this album is disappointing..., October 25, 2012
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
First off, I have to say that I am a huge Taylor Swift fan. I think she is incredibly talented. Speak Now is probably my favorite album of hers with Fearless a close second. With that being said, I was a little skeptical about this album after she released We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. While the song is very catchy and I do sing along to it, it's definitely not one of my favorite singles from her. I can't stand the part where she is talking in the middle of it, but that's just me. Other people love the song. I have been listening to the deluxe version of this album for a few days now and I have to be honest, I couldn't even tell you one song that has truly stuck out to me as being a favorite. They all sound so similar and somewhat boring to me. There are several songs where the lyrics are very very repetitive which borderline annoying to me. Overall, it's a decent album but a very disappointing follow up to Speak Now. But I still love Taylor.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2012 6:56 PM PST

Babel
Babel
Price: $11.98
61 used & new from $7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop listening to this album..., October 6, 2012
This review is from: Babel (Audio CD)
I first discovered Mumford & Sons when I saw their performance on the Grammys. After finding out who they were and getting their first cd, I fell in love with them. As much as I loved their first album, I think I love this one even more. I just can't stop listening to it. This is definitely one of those rare occasions when an entire album is great. I love the more popular titles I Will Wait and Babel but my favorite tracks are definitely Below My Feet and Ghosts That We Knew.