Profile for Wes Bernard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wes Bernard "Bookworm in transition" RSS Feed (Christchurch, New Zealand)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Denon HEOS Link Wireless Pre-Amplifier
Denon HEOS Link Wireless Pre-Amplifier
Price: $349.00
17 used & new from $179.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Half baked, needs a V2.0, June 4, 2015
I had high hopes for this streamer but I find it rather disappointing and lacking in basic features.

Let me start with the companion app: This is the main interface, actually the only way you can interact with the pre-amp yet it lacks the basic features of a music player; how can you shuffle your music that you are streaming from a USB hard drive?

I find that Spotify streaming through the device is spotty at best and once there is any load in the network it drops out. The music can still play locally on an ipad or my phone but it will not stream through the device. I was hoping that the numerous updates to the app would fix some of these usability challenges but no luck as yet. I am ready to toss this think in the bin and look for other options such as the Sonos connect because this is becoming more frustrating than it is worth.

BONEShieldz Tarmac 360 Tri Pack Protective Pads, Medium
BONEShieldz Tarmac 360 Tri Pack Protective Pads, Medium
Price: $28.23
3 used & new from $18.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits small, June 4, 2015
This review is from: TARMAC TRI PACK (Sports)
Fits small. I bought a large yet it can barely fit me and I am just 173cms and 75kgs.

Shimano 6800 Ultegra Clipless Pedals
Shimano 6800 Ultegra Clipless Pedals
Offered by Giantnerd®
Price: $113.95
27 used & new from $112.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Light & Wide., March 13, 2015
I did a lot of research before choosing these pedals. I do like them; they are light, they seem durable so far and my shoes clip in and out very well. I think they are very well priced as my local bike store had the same ones for double the price. The fact that they are wide is very convenient as I can jump on my bike for a short trip to the store without having to put my bike shoes on. All in all, I am very satisfied with these pedals.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strong, not so durable., March 13, 2015
Fantastic magnets! Extremely strong and does the job. I was looking for some strong magnets so that my little one could go "fishing," these work very well, one might say a little too well. One thing of note, they are a bit fragile so they will break into pieces if they fall onto hard surfaces from some height (a metre or so). They do work as advertised.

HK 50Kg/10g LCD Digital Hanging Luggage Weight Hook Scale
HK 50Kg/10g LCD Digital Hanging Luggage Weight Hook Scale
Offered by Bsyexcellent
Price: $4.85
37 used & new from $0.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, defective unit, March 13, 2015
Absolutely useless. Did not work at all. I have requested a refund. Very cheaply made.

Wanted on Voyage
Wanted on Voyage
Price: $10.61
85 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The voice kept me interested, October 24, 2014
This review is from: Wanted on Voyage (Audio CD)
So I heard Budapest as a single and decided I must find out more about this guy so I did some investigation and found the album. His voice is a lot older than he actually is! He has a very mature and melodious voice that does wonders to this tracks. He sings of different European capitals like this was a travel log. The songs are quite good, some have a bit of humor to them which makes them that more interesting. A very good first album.

Lowepro Apex 100 AW -Black
Lowepro Apex 100 AW -Black
Offered by Murphy's Camera
Price: $29.99
23 used & new from $21.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, July 22, 2014
Perfect size for my camera. Just for reference, I use it to carry my Canon G1x Mark II and it fits great. It gives me enough pockets for my additional cards and it is light enough to carry around. I can use it to put my wallet and phone is as well so as to minimize the number of items I have to lug around in my pockets.

Overall I think it is portable and the right size for what I need.

Cressi Anti Fog Spray for Swim Goggles and Scuba Diving Mask (No Alcohol)
Cressi Anti Fog Spray for Swim Goggles and Scuba Diving Mask (No Alcohol)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does an adequate job, July 22, 2014
Seems to work some of the time but definitely an improvement over what I had before.

WD TV Live Media Player Wi-fi 1080p (Old Version)
WD TV Live Media Player Wi-fi 1080p (Old Version)
Offered by Great Caesar's Ghost!
Price: $159.99
62 used & new from $49.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be higher had it supported USB 3.0 devices, July 22, 2014
I like the WD TV live media player, in fact I own three of them but that is another story.

I use it primarily as a streaming device for my movies. Most of my movies are in .MKV format so it is great the the device handles and decodes all the different MKVs that I have thrown at it with no problem. One thing I must say however is that if the bit rate is fairly high, you will experience a lot of buffering over wi-fi; I have not experienced this issue when I am using an ethernet connection.

My disappointment with the WD TV live player is one I just discovered. I attempted to use a USB 3.0 external hard drive, a western digital no less, with the device and it would not recognize it as an attached local storage device. Initially I thought that this was just a one off so I used a USB stick instead which also was a USB 3.0 device and experienced the same issue. After trying multiple USB 3.0 devices, I incorrectly concluded that the device was defective so I called up WD and got a replacement. The replacement device experienced the same behavior so I decided to try a USB 2.0 hard drive and of course it worked. So to make a long story short, it is a great device as long as you are using a USB 2.0 drive as your local hard drive, if not, you may experience challenges.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 10:03 AM PDT

MoKo Nokia Lumia 2520 Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 2520 10.1 Inch Microsoft Windows RT 8.1 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $16.95
2 used & new from $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It works as advertised, April 24, 2014
The cover works pretty well and does its job. It protects the tablet and works well as a stand when I am using it to watch a movie. I did not expect it to me a magnetic cover so that was not an issue. It is actually quite slim and so far it has been very durable. I would not hesitate to recommend this case if you are looking for something that is slim and durable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3